Brewdog - Beer For Girls

Guest bernardblack

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Yep. 

Metallic is the after-taste I'd go for - as if they took the 'made from girders' line from another Scottish drinks company and actually ran with it. 

Fanny.

10 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Tennants is a perfect first pint, but the drop off if you have a session on it is pretty rapid. Czech lagers are very obviously superior, and I've not had a Brewdog I liked, even setting aside the cuntiness, for a very long time. 

I'd agree with that - on a hot day when you've been working in the garden or whatever, the thought of inhaling an ice-cold can of T is glorious, but I've been on too many works nights out that consist of a group of guys sitting around burping like elephant seals after half a dozen pints of the stuff that I'd ever want to do a whole night on it again.

I'd previously dubbed it the Greggs sausage roll of the beer world. Like them, in the moment it's great and totally hits the spot, but just as you wouldn't want to live exclusively on Greggs sausage rolls, I wouldn't want to drink Tennent's exclusively.

I quite like most Brewdog beers and I've been to their bars a good few times - although I usually drink through their "guest beer" lists that are usually superior. Definitely wankers, but I still buy their stuff from time to time, so what that says about me I don't know.

But as stated, in Scotland alone you have Overtone, Fallen, 72, Brew Toon, Bellfield etc that are all probably better beers and better people - especially Overtone,  they can do no wrong.

my tuppence worth:

Brewdog Lost, Hazy Jane and Elvis Juice are really nice beers;

Williams Bros stuff is on the whole fantastic;

Czech beers poured in Czech Republic are amazing. Czech beers produced for the UK market are okay but totally different from say a Gambrinus or a Kozel poured in Prague;

Tennents is a nice clean crisp lager and is pretty consistent. If you genuinely enjoy beer there is no other opinion you could arrive at. You may not enjoy crisp or clean lagers and that is fine but saying it is "disgusting" or whatever is nonsense. I don't like many of Scorsese films but I know they are not bad movies.

Following on from that, Carlsberg, Fosters and Carlin remain awful. 

5 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

Following on from that, Carlsberg, Fosters and Carling remain awful. 

If those were the only choices I'd go for Carling, at least it tastes of something, a hint of diesel or something industrial anyway. 

I'm an "equity punk" (🤦‍♂️). Had no illusions it was anything other than a members club in practice.

Used to go to their AGMs when lived in Aberdeen. They encapsulated Brewdog as a company... had some decent things about it in small doses, but have to take everything with a fucking fistful of salt. Very cult like at times with their presentations and them trying to justify the private equity investment was a good laugh (although most of the "punks" there seemed to lap it up). Also, a huge amount of small, fat, ugly bearded men (unfortunately this describes me too) seem to be "punks".

1 hour ago, The Holiday Song said:

I'm an "equity punk" (🤦‍♂️). Had no illusions it was anything other than a members club in practice.

Used to go to their AGMs when lived in Aberdeen. They encapsulated Brewdog as a company... had some decent things about it in small doses, but have to take everything with a fucking fistful of salt. Very cult like at times with their presentations and them trying to justify the private equity investment was a good laugh (although most of the "punks" there seemed to lap it up). Also, a huge amount of small, fat, ugly bearded men (unfortunately this describes me too) seem to be "punks".

There's a story about James Watt going on the equity punk forum and threatening anyone who gave interviews to the BBC and telling them to withdraw consent. You need to be an equity punk to access the forum.

1 hour ago, The Holiday Song said:

I went to one of those a few years back and tbf it was an excellent night out. Frightened Rabbit played and it was all very well done.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Honestly is there a more inappropriate two words bolted together than "equity punk".

Tolerant Nazi.

Compassionate Tory.

Capitalist Bolshevik.

Forgiving Stalinist.

Intelligent ***.

Sorry, after a few attempts it  appears that there isn't...