Brewdog - Beer For Girls

Guest bernardblack

Been a long time since I’ve been in a brewdog bar,  but the reading from a script stuff does ring true. 

Do the still sell beer in weird measures for unknown reasons?

I don’t mind some of there beers.  Some of them are insane w**k shite,  but that’s a given for any ‘craft’ company but haven’t bought any since them being total c***s came pouring out.  I’m a principled man like that. (Had there not been a wide range of comfortable alternatives that might change)

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

The worst hangover I've had in recent years involved two pints of Staropramen, which was all I had that night because I had an early start for an away day the following morning.  This surprised friends as I'm usually amongst the last men standing and am typically the freshest the following day.

Had to get off the bus for the train station early and ended up chundering in a side alley.  Strangest thing is that I'm occasionally partial to a Staropramen, usually incident free.

Furstenberg seems to be my personal Kryptonite. When I lived in the west end, most of the pubs shut at 11pm on weeknights with the exception of the Ubiquitous Chip which at the time sold that deviljuice on tap. I've seen myself go in there three or four pints in and after another hour in there the next morning barely remember saying goodbye to the people I was with or indeed getting home.

22 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's the only way you'll find out. It's beer, how bad can it be? (I'm not counting Super Lager or Special Brew)

Although in a Brewdog pub someone advised me against Sink the Bismarck as it was vile.

It's fucking minging. I had it in the Cowgate bar. It's more like a spirit. A horrible thick gloopy bitter salty spirit.

41 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

One of my finest drinking experiences was in a bar in Prague; the sort of establishment recommended by a local.  Owner didn't speak a word of English but it was quickly apparent that they only sold Urquell, probably fresh from the local brewery. 

Came in litre glasses and any time you were down to an inch left, another litre would be dumped on the table and a tally mark added to a bit of paper.  Considering the prices you pay in the touristy places just a stone's throw away, you can imagine my delight when the final bill for 8 litres (between two) worked out to about a fiver.

Eta: you'll struggle to get a pint in a Brewdog bar for less.  I find it funny how the Punk IPA is more expensive in the Inverurie Brewdog bar than the 'spoons just up the road from it.

Prague is so good for getting away from the tourist bits, the drop off in price is unreal.  I mind letting my ex pick her pubs etc then take her to somewhere I'd been by but no in before and it was about a quarter of the price and we were the only folk in. 

2 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

Because you're a numpty and never said it was bad...

L2Read

"Don't try and hit us with the "Staropramen and Pilsner Urquell are better" pish."

Meaning that his predictable patter was pish.

10 hours ago, itzdrk said:

If it's Tennant's v Brewdog though it's no even close. 

T makes my walk to work nice and occasionally brings that class brewery smell out.  

PXL_20220110_082854915.MP.jpg

Imagine the lovely waft you would experience if you walked past a proper brewery and not one that produces chemical cooking lager

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Intrigued by the bit in bold. Can you provide some further detail?

Nope....can't provide any detail at all.  Connoisseurs will possibly describe a beer as having a piney, citrusy or freshly mown grass flavour or after-taste.  Completely un-scientific but I would describe tennents as having the after-taste of round-up with tones of toilet-duck  (its un-scientific because believe it or not I have never drank round-up....nor toilet-duck come to think of it)

8 hours ago, Slenderman said:

Czech lager is overrated shite.

14 hours ago, virginton said:

There's no need for a response because your abject fail speaks for itself.

Yep. 

3 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Completely un-scientific but I would describe tennents as having the after-taste of round-up with tones of toilet-duck  (its un-scientific because believe it or not I have never drank round-up....nor toilet-duck come to think of it)

Metallic is the after-taste I'd go for - as if they took the 'made from girders' line from another Scottish drinks company and actually ran with it.