Brewdog - Beer For Girls

Guest bernardblack

Anyway, I'm in a Wetherspoons in Paisley drinking Lerwick IPA (I've seen the actual brewery and it's tiny).

My other half often brings back some of that from the supermarket, simply because it has a little pony on the label. Can't complain, decent stuff, but I wish they'd sell it in 500ml bottles rather than the current smaller ones that are finished in two sips. This size issue is what deters me from buying any of Brewdog's beers.

As an aside, the Black Isle Brewery recently downgraded their Red Kite bottles from 500 to 330. A dark, dark day when I discovered this as it's one of my favourite beers (maybe even the favourite).

My other half often brings back some of that from the supermarket, simply because it has a little pony on the label. Can't complain, decent stuff, but I wish they'd sell it in 500ml bottles rather than the current smaller ones that are finished in two sips. This size issue is what deters me from buying any of Brewdog's beers.

As an aside, the Black Isle Brewery recently downgraded their Red Kite bottles from 500 to 330. A dark, dark day when I discovered this as it's one of my favourite beers (maybe even the favourite).

330ml bottles are shite!

However, I do like the fact that you get some niche beers in cans now (easier for the train). Williams brothers are apparently installing a new canning line, once up and running they assure me that they will be producing larger cans!

Not sure they can even be considered "craft" producers anymore. Mass produced shite.
Plenty of wee independent brewers in Scotland to get behind.

I recommend Hybrid brewing. Good guys.

My mate did a bit of work with Hybrid helping them as they were getting started up. Know RL from Bo’ness back in the day as well.

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 01:23, paranoid android said:

I'll be on Brewdog for the first time this very weekend - hope my hipster beard grows in in time. 

Quite liked it - decent beers, food, and service - would go again.

For reasons best known to himself, my mate specifically asked for a pink bottle, and they had none, but apologised. 

• 7 months later...
I "joined" Beer32 (and shall be cancelling tout suite), first 8 beers free (pay for postage),
First out the box is Soundwave. I have to say, if I want to drink something that tastes like peaches, I'll buy a tin of peaches and gub the syrup.
You mean beer 52 Shirley! I got a case free courtesy of mfc podcast. Couple of beers pretty good, most alright and 1 was foul, when I thought about it as well full price you're looking at £3 a can!! Ridiculously overpriced even if they are all 'unavailable to general sale' there is a massive enough range of small brewery beers all priced £1-2 in every supermarket. Phoned up today to cancel as can only defer a month at a time online. Tbh the guy on the phone was totally sound, reminded me that my next one would have a tenner off but never put on any hard sell when I told him thanks but just cancel anyway.

• 3 years later...
9 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I just don't get how they've become so big it's really the power of marketing i suppose. Because their beer is shite which should be what they are judged on. 

Don't get it either - I suppose they were in there early and have reaped the benefits. For me though they represent the worst kind of hipster capitalism, and most of their beers aren't anything outstanding.

They're not even the best brewery in their area of the country - Brew Toon and Six North both spank them in terms of quality, and even small players in the area like Reids Gold are pretty good.

Brewdog is w**k. Shame because some of the bars are quite nice decor wise. I was in brewdog Dundee a while ago and the waitress was an oddball. Greeted us by saying “hi friends!” and then was just casually swearing when telling us about their selection of beers. “That one’s fucking brilliant.” Stuff like that. Her over-familiar behaviour was really weird and gave off a vibe like “we’re so edgy here at Brewdog.” f**k off.