Livingston v Inverness CT

Aye, not sure how I've managed to f**k that up so much  [emoji38] Still not seeing why it's a farce though, it doesn't need to be temperatures of -5 for a pitch to freeze, if we were spunking money on USH we'd be getting stick for that too, it's pretty much lose-lose really.

Maybe my standards are higher due to having a competent groundsman who ensures first team games pretty much always go ahead even in extreme conditions with nothing more than a few shovels and some covers..

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

Maybe my standards are higher due to having a competent groundsman who ensures first team games pretty much always go ahead even in extreme conditions with nothing more than a few shovels and some covers..

Good thing you can afford to spunk money on it then? We can't, having nowhere near the money to employ the level of groundsman you have. 

4 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Where can we find a temperature controlling groundsman? Must be costing you some amount of money.

1 hour ago, Afro said:

Since there’s no chance of us moving grounds any time soon, surely the only logical fix to this is to install a 4G surface? AFAIK the drainage was worked on when the pitch was last replaced but it’s not perfect, far from it.

Bit shite for Caley having to play Sat/Tues for the rest of the season but hopefully it works in our favour.

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

Ah didn’t see that, will certainly cause you problems that’s for sure, a lot of football to be played in a short period of time and on heavier pitches too. 

With hindsight not playing Dunfermline when we had a spare weekend at the start of February looks really daft now. Not that it would make a massive difference to our fixture list but it would have helped a wee bit. I'd say we've got virtually zero chance of making the (promotion) playoffs now sadly. The Challenge Cup is the only thing to look forward to.

5 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Would suspect this will be the only game off today. Very poor.

Tuesday 20th?

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

If I’m right the only dates available for this game will be the 20th or March or the 24th April. 

Inverness will be playing Saturday, Tuesday from now until the end of the season, gonna take one hell of an effort from them. 

Surely have to be a week on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Otherwise it'd have to be the last midweek of the season, and if anything else was off that'd require Monday-Wednesday.

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Your official site says frozen which is farcical.

It might well have been frozen at 8.00am this morning. The referee who inspected it would have given the reason for the postponement. However, given we were playing Caley and the fact that heavy rain was forecast a decision had to be made quickly, the right thing to do was to call the game off. The subsequent rain on an already heavy pitch would seem to indicate that the right decision was made.

Livi are run on a shoestring these days and this has implications for more than just the team we can afford. I don't think we have a full time groundsman for instance.

Our present league position is a testament to the hard work put in by staff, players and volunteers in the face of many handicaps. I for one appreciate them all.

I guess this will end up being played on the 24th April then given that it's a week until our only other free midweek date.

ETA: Apparently the SPFL want the game to be played a week today which isn't going down well with ICT.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/1433248/summer-football-not-guaranteed-winner-caley-thistle-boss-john-robertson/

5 hours ago, RiG said:

I guess this will end up being played on the 24th April then given that it's a week until our only other free midweek date.

ETA: Apparently the SPFL want the game to be played a week today which isn't going down well with ICT.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/1433248/summer-football-not-guaranteed-winner-caley-thistle-boss-john-robertson/

Would much rather see this game played next week, would hate for us to have to go to Tannadice having played midweek. Who knows what the situation could be for us then but I would rather get the game out the way after we've had our two week break. ICT obviously would rather have a free week pre-cup final which is obviously what would be best for them.

Archived