Dumbarton v Queens

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure I'll ever see us score again to be honest.

Strange subs. Utterly bizarre to have Nisbet on the penalty - would love to know who decided that. I don't blame him for missing, he should just never have been on it in the first place. Especially with Beany on the park.

Was Stewart injured? He might not have been fantastic, but we're far better with him on (as everyone knows) and subbing him early (assuming he isn't injured) signalled defeat to me. 

That standside linesman was hilarious. I've never seen an official so terrified to do anything. I'll need to see it again, but it looked like Burt should've had a penalty late on. I mean we would've missed it anyway, but still.

It feels kind of like everyone's resigned to 9th, and it's now just a waiting game for the final and playoffs. This must be what it feels like to be on death row. 

Hopefully Dowie's injury isn't too bad. He was probably my MOTM again today.

10 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Was Russell still on the pitch? There is no other footballer I've watched that I'd rather have on a penalty.

Aye. You know that. I know that. The 600 odd folk watching knew that. 

The only people who didn't think that appeared to be whoever made the decision.

The Stevie Aitken shitebag team selection prevails.

In a game where we absolutely need 3 points we leave Burt and Froxy festering on the bench. Within 5 minutes both of them produced more creativity than the entire team combined had. His utter shitebaggery knows no bounds.

As for the penalty... f**k me. You have about 5 clear set piece candidates and we let Kevin fuckin Nesbit hit it. One of the worst penalties you're ever likely to see.

Put us doon the now.

10 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Aye. You know that. I know that. The 600 odd folk watching knew that. 

The only people who didn't think that appeared to be whoever made the decision.

Russell loves Queens. He would not have wanted to take it!

What’s all this Aitken hating, I thought he was well liked at the rock?

Sorry don’t get the beany should have taken the pen approach.

nisbetbis a striker who was playing fairly well and should have been capable of hitting the target .

he missed but who is to say Russell would have scored. 

its  a shocking miss .

huge issue that we can’t score . Need to get sorted for play offs. 

Again overall queens not better than us over the 90 for the 3 rd gone this season

Still fuming at that penalty.  Beanie and Handling both went for the ball as soon as it was awarded and several players went up to say things to Nisbett before he hit it.  I'd love to know who decided he was hitting it.  If it was Aitken, another fucking awful decision, if it was Nisbett someone should have put him in his place.  If you're going to be that confident and hit a penalty over multiple experienced players you have to back it up.  Not fucking punt it into the car park like you're at Murrayfield.

4 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Well liked by some, blind devotion by others,  there's quite a few people who are at this point sick and tired of him.  I am the latter and have been for a while. 

No idea...that was the best we've played in ages, but the goals are hard to come by just now

Terrible penalty miss by Nisbet, but I thought he had a decent game apart from that....I hate to see players arguing over who takes the penalty...its almost like their effort goes into making sure they get to take it...the amount of times they're missed [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35]

I thought the ref was quite decent up until denying us a second penalty...horrendous decision...it was more of a penalty than the first one

Disappointed with the result, but pleased to see more balance in the team and a better performance

5 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

He is well liked. But in our last two crucial games he's shat his pants and left our best players on the bench. Burt and Froxy created things instantly today when they came on and the team beforehand clearly had no idea how we were supposed to be playing. Russell up top on his own where Stewart had done well previously, Stewart out wide where we've seen him be uneffective, Nisbet out wide despite clearly being a striker (well I say that but he hit easily the worst penalty I've ever seen today). Aitken has no clue what 11 works and seems no closer to figuring it out. I do like the guy but he needs to accept that sitting in and playing for points doesn't work when you're 9 fucking points behind your nearest rival.

The club and trust have done a good job getting everyone buzzed about the club in the last week or so and a shite crowd shows up today to watch us utterly shitfest our way to a shite defeat from a team there for the taking. And he had pretty much a full squad to choose from. Utterly scunnered.

Frustrating but just seems like that is how we will see out the season. Performing well enough but lacking quality in the final third to do any damage when we are on top against other teams.

I agree Burt should have started and that Stewart would have been the last out of the front 4 I would have taken off, but I'm not convinced Froxylias should be starting - I know this will not be in agreement with many. He done a couple of things today but to me he is a bit of a luxury we can't afford to have on the Park.

Once we have a full squad to choose from I'd like to see Stewart, Walsh and Stirling in behind a striker. If not then push Stewart up top and fit in someone else behind him.

Also don't think it matters why Nisbet did or whoevet else didn't hit the penalty, he should be able to hit the target from the spot.

8 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Sorry don’t get the beany should have taken the pen approach.

nisbetbis a striker who was playing fairly well and should have been capable of hitting the target .

he missed but who is to say Russell would have scored. 

its  a shocking miss .

huge issue that we can’t score . Need to get sorted for play offs. 

Again overall queens not better than us over the 90 for the 3 rd gone this season

Russell has hit penalties throughout his career and has the experience of scoring big goals in big matches.

Nisbet is a 21 year old youth player who still hasn't scored since signing for us and hasn't done anything overly impressive.

No guarantees Beanie would have put it in but I know who I'd have preferred.  A goal for Beanie could also have got him on a wee run of form.  I thought he looked pretty good today in his link up play but I think he's wasted out wide.

37 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Was Russell still on the pitch? There is no other footballer I've watched that I'd rather have on a penalty.

Meh, he is ok at them. Scored for us at Ibrox but he was never the designated taker with us. I would have Lyle, Dobbie and Jacobs in front of him. Was Jacobs not better at them for you than Beanie was?

And in all time terms I would have John O'Neill ahead of ALL of them.

He should be taking them ahead of a rookie though.

Couldnt go today and heard it wasnt pretty but great three points for us with Dunfermline and Morton losing. Keeps us in and around the race for 4th. Big week ahead.

Frustrating but just seems like that is how we will see out the season. Performing well enough but lacking quality in the final third to do any damage when we are on top against other teams.
I agree Burt should have started and that Stewart would have been the last out of the front 4 I would have taken off, but I'm not convinced Froxylias should be starting - I know this will not be in agreement with many. He done a couple of things today but to me he is a bit of a luxury we can't afford to have on the Park.
Once we have a full squad to choose from I'd like to see Stewart, Walsh and Stirling in behind a striker. If not then push Stewart up top and fit in someone else behind him.
Also don't think it matters why Nisbet did or whoevet else didn't hit the penalty, he should be able to hit the target from the spot.

We already have a luxury in Handling, why not play a much better luxury?

7 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

I think it was Dobbie who conceded it though - revealing his true colours :wub:

I like Stevie - both as a manager and as a guy. I also think the players like him but (and it's a massive but) he can be frustrating as hell when it comes to setting up a team. I could be totally wrong, but far too often he sets up not to lose, rather than to win. The worst example of which came a couple of years back against Alex Rae's St Mirren when we lined up with six defenders, two defensive mids, Mark Brown, Tom Walsh and Jordan Kirkpatrick as a 'false nine'. Unsurprisingly we lost 1-0.

That looked to be the case at Falkirk the other week (albeit to a lesser degree) and, although not the case today, he still made some questionable decisions - namely leaving Burt and Froxy (two of our best attacking players) on the bench. The guys who took their place (Handling and Nisbet) aren't bad players imo, but they aren't as good. They'll maybe offer more 'Graft' and 'Desire' (copyright, J.Hughes) but they simply aren't as effective. When we got Froxy and Burt linking up things started to happen - it just took until the final ten minutes for that to happen, which is ultimately too late.

He makes some weird decisions, that I sometimes think he needs to sense check. Today, for example, we had Stewart (our best striker) out wide. Now Beany did relatively well up top, but to hook Stewart after 55 minutes, and then Beany after 65 or whatever instead of just waiting, hooking Beany and moving Stewart up top made little sense. Especially given Nade's form this campagin.

Likewise when Froxy came on. He's a No.10. That's where he should be playing. Burt meanwhile is a decent number ten, but looks more than happy driving at people and hitting the line (something nobody else in today's squad will do). What do we do? Have Froxy wide and Burt in the hole. 

We're finishing 9th. Of that there is no doubt. I'd just like Stevie to just go for it and try and win games now - draws are totally pointless. 

-----------------------------

Burt Froxy Stirling

Stewart

Should be the front four that starts against Brechin. I want my attacking players attacking. If they're spending 90 minutes tracking the opposition full-back then we might as well just start with a team of defenders.

Archived