Things The Lower Classes Do

Live beside a linear flat-roofed 'shopping centre' consisting exclusively of a Spar/Coop, baker, takeaway and a bookie (probably a Coral).

... which itself is close to a stand alone flat roofed pub with the obligatory giant 'Sky Sports shown here' banner hanging outside.

25 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Light their fags off the cooker.

While I agree, one of the things I was going to suggest was this but the electric hob while refering to it as the big white lighter

Have a kid with a Nike tick or the Adidas three stripe haircut.

Hold their domestic arguments out on the street.

Use shopping trolleys to transport their shopping from the shop's door to their door.

Sit in their front garden for a smoke.

(Women) wear hair back in a pony tail but extra tight for maximum forehead exposure.

Use the receipt option at cash machines (shamelessly stolen from another thread)

Birthday meals at McDonald's / KFC (where I was taken for my 18th & 21th respectively)

Guest Moomintroll
  • Reading ghastly tabloid newspapers like The Sun and The Record
  • Giving their children names like Sean or Liam because they support Celtic
  • Supporting Celtic
  • Supporting Rangers/Sevco
  • Having ever visited Blackpool
  • Cheap spanish package holidays
  • Ownership of a Staffie (this is conditional on making at least one post on social media defending Staffies as having an unfair reputation when there's a local story about one biting a child)
  • Neck tattoos
  • Wearing a football shirt when not either playing fives, or being a footballer.
  • Still going into an actual bookmakers
  • Not employing a butler
That'll do. 
Apart from the other arse cheek fans naming their hellspawn William or Mason and the addition of Sunny Beach to the ranks of places where grown men wear the same football top every single day of their holiday, that is a pretty comprehensive summary.

23 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Live beside a linear flat-roofed 'shopping centre' consisting exclusively of a Spar/Coop, baker, takeaway and a bookie (probably a Coral).

... which itself is close to a stand alone flat roofed pub with the obligatory giant 'Sky Sports shown here' banner hanging outside.

Tillydrone  no longer qualifies,

The shops have moved into the pub,  the Broadsword is no more.

The shopping centre has been bulldozed and a new community centre is being built.

My other half live in Donside Village which when she is annoying me I refer to as 'Lower Tillydrone'.

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Genius.

"Can I have two pints of Tennents, a vodka and coke, a packet of nuts and some Colgate please".

No pub service any more, The Broadsword has passed from existence. Just the building converted to a Spar/Co-Op.

For a drink the dregs of Tilly have to wander out of the area Walking Dead style towards Gt Northern Rd or King St and probably the most mis-named pub in the world.

The Rowan Tree on KIng Street - looks more like a bunker, only missing the gun slits and anti-aircraft battery on the roof.

No pub service any more, The Broadsword has passed from existence. Just the building converted to a Spar/Co-Op.

For a drink the dregs of Tilly have to wander out of the area Walking Dead style towards Gt Northern Rd or King St and probably the most mis-named pub in the world.
The Rowan Tree on KIng Street - looks more like a bunker, only missing the gun slits and anti-aircraft battery on the roof.

Or the St Machar Bar around the corner where the Lacoste-sporting Tillydronians can engage with tweed-wearing academics of the Arts.

26 minutes ago, gavin_3110 said:

Watch football. 

Have Sky TV. 

On that basis I am definitely lower class, but then again I always thought I was.

Edited by Granny Danger