Dunfermline Dodgers P-P Inverness Isotopes

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is. Inverness were bobbins tonight and yet with the score only 1-0 there was always a nagging doubt they'd get something on the break. The low cross flashed across that Martin (who was actually very good tonight) left for Robinson I was convinced was going to be turned in by the onrushing Caley boy. We should have won by a lot more though. McManus and that header when it looked easier to score, Higginbotham and Craigan both shooting near post instead of far (although to be fair the save from Higgy's shot was a good one) and loads of good forward runs from Williamson the likes we've not seen since the first quarter. If only we could make a sub now and again we might even go on a wee run...

We were just as shite as expected. It doesn’t help though when the young lad Harper’s debut only lasts 5 minutes and he’s replaced by the legend in his own lunchtime that is Brad McKay. Then a minute later Vigurs needlessly fouls Higgy and sells the game. I think youse should buy Chalmers for your promotion push. How does 500k sound?

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I think results like tonight prove that the title that St Mirren will win is a hollow one, we're by far the best team in this division.

We’re definitely better than St Mirren and Livi. I’d say Morton are a better side than us though. 

A truly shambolic performance from ICT that should really be leaving fans very worried at the prospect of a second successive relegation. With Dumbarton playing Brechin again on Saturday there's a real chance they will be just 3 points behind us. Forget about possible Highland Derbies next season and focus on staying in this league.

Harper last about 3 minutes before going off injured as he collided with Vigurs and a Dunfermline player which led to the free kick which saw the home side open the scoring. Nice curling effort from the right hand side into the net. That was all there was between the teams in the first half with both sides giving the few fans in attendance absolutely nothing to get excited about.

Second half was a bit more lively although we didn't really threaten apart from the odd cross or a timid burst into the box before we fluffed a chance. Dunfermline had the best chances and should have ended up winning by more than just the one goal. Thankfully the post and Ridgers denied them. A thunderous Higginbotham effort was the pick of the chances for the Pars but Ridgers made a fine save.

Even though the score line makes it look like a close game I'd say we were as bad as when we were thumped 5-1 there earlier in the season. At the back we floated between competent and clueless. Most of the time we coped easily with the Pars attacks. Other times we flapped at crosses and passed the ball out of defence straight to the home side. Polworth and Vigurs certainly tried but mainly succeeded in giving the ball away. Chalmers was anonymous, Mulraney kept running the ball out of play instead of crossing it and Oakley spent most of the game falling over after wrestling with his opponent. We were an utter shambles. Aimless punts up the park and truly woeful attacking play in the final third.

There were very few plus points. Ridgers made some good saves and it was great to see Tremarco and Bell back in the side. But apart from that it was a night to forget for ICT

I thought you had a good spell of possession for the second half of the first half. Just lacked any presence upfront. Number 14 caused Morris bother by pushing and using elbows but other than that nothing. I thought you had Nathan Austin?

I thought Mulreny (sp?h had been Inverness’ best player in our recent meeting but he didn’t even have a sniff today and I thought Martin was very solid which is good to see him come back into the fold. Glad we got 3 points and hopefully we can push up the table for the extra prize money more than anything else

This was a massive game for us: when you then see that M'Voto and Cardle are out alongside the suspended Talbot and injured Paton, you wonder if the out-of-favour players can step in. They certainly did tonight. 

We started the game off really sharply, had a few half-chances then got the goal. Then the game became a bit of a midfield battle for the remainder of the half. 

We hadn't played great in the opening period, but we were comfortable. Inverness started the second half strongly for 5-10 mins with a couple of wee chances before we built our way back into the match. 

From around 60 mins onwards, we looked comfortably in control and should've buried at least one or two more chances. 

Overall, we got a massive victory which has kept our promotion playoff chances alive. Every player played their part, they all put in a shift and we deserved to win. 

Robinson was untested; Williamson built his way into the match and became so influential: Morris and Ashcroft were solid; Martin was my MoM - he kept Mulraney quiet all night and the sub, Elbouzedi was anonymous too. Vincent played well sitting in front of the defence; Beadling was quietly effective, Craigen and Higginbotham showed flashes of quality: Craigen's goal is a great hit. Clark worked hard and linked the play well at times while McManus ran his socks off as always; he really should've scored the header though. Top performance and all eyes will now be on Morton on Saturday: another must win match - hopefully a big crowd to try get us back into the hunt. 

For Inverness, I was really surprised at how poor they were in the final third. Ridgers, Warren and Tremarco looked reasonably solid defensively. Vigurs and Polworth tried to create but nothing came off. Doran was quiet while Mulraney was poor. Oakley never got a sniff. I agree re the threat of relegation - I think 9th is certainly a possibility if you continue playing like tonight. Yous have another tough match on Saturday against Dundee United and if you play anywhere as bad as yous did tonight, I can't see anything but a home win. 

For anyone interested, my match report and audio of the post-match presser's with John Robertson and Allan Johnston can be found on my website, here.

Archived