Accies v ‘Well

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Was talking about the league match ya fanny unless I'm mistaken this is not the cup forum.

No you said last visit. Not last league game.  Admit you fucked up and move on.

Anywsy 2-0 Motherwell.  Main and Campbell with the goals

It's probably down the the fact that for the most part we've not been playing particularly well performance-wise but our form (in terms of results) in all competitions since the winter break has kind of gone under the radar a bit.

Since the break we're now: WWXLXWWLWW.

The Hearts win on Sunday meant that in the 10 games we've played since the re-start we've only lost 2 (vs Hibs & Killie) and both were narrow losses at that. 6 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats. We've scored 14 and conceded 6.

It's a cliché but nevertheless being able to win when not at your best should probably be viewed as a positive trait for a side to have.

For all that, there still seems to have been a bit of a hangover from the December slump, which is understandable I suppose but there's definitely been a tendency to try and unpick what have actually been pretty decent results. Hopefully the win on Sunday and the fact that it was won with a "moment" in McHugh's goal means we can generate a bit of belief and momentum.

For a bit of context between the start of the league season and the end of November we were 10 wins, 2 draws and 6 losses in 18 games.

It feels like we've got a pretty settled first XI now and where earlier in the season there were questions about consistency and we were seeing players like Tanner starting then being hooked at H/T and just generally there was a lot of chopping and changing from game to game for the most part now you could pick our XI with only one or two adjustments depending on the opponent.

Equally we still seem like we're much more comfortable grinding out a win rather than trying to football our way to points so in that respect if ever there was a fixture where being able to shitfest our way to a result is a massive positive then it's surely this one.

If available, the same side that started on Sunday pls:
Carson
Kipré Aldred Dunne
Cadden Campbell McHugh Tait
Tanner
Main Ciftci

Never thought I’d type this, but I hope Shaun Want is fit for Saturday. With Sarris and Gogic out the thought of VDW and McMann as 2 of the 3 CBs gives me the fear.

VDW is fat and shite and McMann has been a liability for months.

36 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

the other one is a fat dud.

Have you watched him much since he arrived at Fir Park? I'd suggest not if that's what you think...

15 minutes ago, Al B said:

Have you watched him much since he arrived at Fir Park? I'd suggest not if that's what you think...

I wouldn't need to watch him to give the same appraisal as S4TVS , knowing he couldn't force his way into D.Adams Plymouth whilst they were languishing at the bottom of the league is sufficient proof he is a dud.

Archived