• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

54 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The counter argument would be the only reason Talbot doesn't clear the ball(which his intention) is because he is prevented by mullen also failing to play the ball.

Well it would be a shite counter-argument. 

I'm struggling to believe that anyone  can argue that Talbot didn't wipe out Mullen as he was about to pull the trigger and score. Stonewall penalty and a red card.  Dallas got it spot on.

Not really, I think he should have given Talbot a straight red for that rather than a second yellks, the ball is so far away it would be a struggle to suggest that he's tried to play it. 

I've not been impressed with Talbot for months now tbf so I don't think it'll be that much of a loss. 

Then again I can't remember the last time I was impressed by any Dunfermline player. 

I was right at it in the family stand- the ref initially had the red in his hand waiting for Talbot to get up to show it to him.  Talbot then spent about half an hour on the deck pretending to be injured during which the ref put his card away. When he finally scraped himself off the turf the ref produced the yellow followed by the red. Not sure what changed his mind. I'm putting it down to incompetence- plenty of which was displayed throughout the match.

1 hour ago, CamaroSaint said:

I was right at it in the family stand- the ref initially had the red in his hand waiting for Talbot to get up to show it to him.  Talbot then spent about half an hour on the deck pretending to be injured during which the ref put his card away. When he finally scraped himself off the turf the ref produced the yellow followed by the red. Not sure what changed his mind. I'm putting it down to incompetence- plenty of which was displayed throughout the match.

TBH, I think he just realised he didn't need to straight red him. Let's be honest, it made no difference to us. We still got a penalty and got to stroll the rest of the game against 10 men.

59 minutes ago, GAD said:

TBH, I think he just realised he didn't need to straight red him. Let's be honest, it made no difference to us. We still got a penalty and got to stroll the rest of the game against 10 men.

Exactly that, he knew he'd been booked so took the soft option of 2nd yellow which few could argue with rather than straight red. 

Better view of the penalty here. Pretty clear cut to me. Mullen uses his body to get in front of Talbot and brings the foul.

The counter argument would be the only reason Talbot doesn't clear the ball(which his intention) is because he is prevented by mullen also failing to play the ball.
Or because he's shit. Not saying he is. Just saying that could be another reason he didn't clear it

Better view of the penalty here. Pretty clear cut to me. Mullen uses his body to get in front of Talbot and brings the foul.

No attempt by Mullen to play the ball, kinda blows away the argument he was ready to tap it in.

Fair play to the Pars fans that still give a f**k enough to debate trivial refereeing decisions.

Tbf with everyone accepting we are utterly shit it has become necessary to create some debate with things like this. We need something to talk about.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Tbf with everyone accepting we are utterly shit it has become necessary to create some debate with things like this. We need something to talk about.

Grant got some excitement going with his culinary chat before the Queens match. I'd suggest people discuss their food choices pre and post match.

No attempt by Mullen to play the ball, kinda blows away the argument he was ready to tap it in.

Great play by Mullen to lure that donkey into making a tackle worthy of at least a booking. For the second time in the afternoon.:thumsup2

Edited by FTOF