League Leaders v Dunfermline

54 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The counter argument would be the only reason Talbot doesn't clear the ball(which his intention) is because he is prevented by mullen also failing to play the ball.

Well it would be a shite counter-argument. 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really, I think he should have given Talbot a straight red for that rather than a second yellks, the ball is so far away it would be a struggle to suggest that he's tried to play it. 

I've not been impressed with Talbot for months now tbf so I don't think it'll be that much of a loss. 

Then again I can't remember the last time I was impressed by any Dunfermline player. 

I was right at it in the family stand- the ref initially had the red in his hand waiting for Talbot to get up to show it to him.  Talbot then spent about half an hour on the deck pretending to be injured during which the ref put his card away. When he finally scraped himself off the turf the ref produced the yellow followed by the red. Not sure what changed his mind. I'm putting it down to incompetence- plenty of which was displayed throughout the match.

1 hour ago, CamaroSaint said:

I was right at it in the family stand- the ref initially had the red in his hand waiting for Talbot to get up to show it to him.  Talbot then spent about half an hour on the deck pretending to be injured during which the ref put his card away. When he finally scraped himself off the turf the ref produced the yellow followed by the red. Not sure what changed his mind. I'm putting it down to incompetence- plenty of which was displayed throughout the match.

TBH, I think he just realised he didn't need to straight red him. Let's be honest, it made no difference to us. We still got a penalty and got to stroll the rest of the game against 10 men.

59 minutes ago, GAD said:

TBH, I think he just realised he didn't need to straight red him. Let's be honest, it made no difference to us. We still got a penalty and got to stroll the rest of the game against 10 men.

Exactly that, he knew he'd been booked so took the soft option of 2nd yellow which few could argue with rather than straight red. 

The counter argument would be the only reason Talbot doesn't clear the ball(which his intention) is because he is prevented by mullen also failing to play the ball.
Or because he's shit. Not saying he is. Just saying that could be another reason he didn't clear it

Fair play to the Pars fans that still give a f**k enough to debate trivial refereeing decisions.

Tbf with everyone accepting we are utterly shit it has become necessary to create some debate with things like this. We need something to talk about.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Tbf with everyone accepting we are utterly shit it has become necessary to create some debate with things like this. We need something to talk about.

Grant got some excitement going with his culinary chat before the Queens match. I'd suggest people discuss their food choices pre and post match.

Archived