League Leaders v Dunfermline

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Is this on alba? Why Sunday.

Where did you get this? It's next Saturday (unless COWS haven't updated the fixture list?)

I reckon we will win this, however for the students of the game this should be an interesting match and let me explain...

We all know that Dunfermline are diving b*****ds, any little touch and they throw themselves to the ground, however ironically their most effective threat has been the physical dominance that Mvoto brought. It took us nearly 20 minutes to finally figure out how to stifle that attack route but in all reality it was a sticking plaster that dealt with the remainder of the game. Coming into a fresh game Johnson surely must realise this and play to those strengths. We on the other hand were bullied by Livi and it's clear we have a bit of a soft centre. Not necessarily physically, but mentally and organisationally. Donati has been brought in and can play either defence or midfield, and we have Hill on loan who is supposedly a defensive player, we have also used a 3rd CB (like Baird for the last 10 against Brechin) to help close up that space and it was McKenzie coming on for that role that helped us deal with Mvoto.

So, in short... has Johnson realised his most affective strategy and has Ross figured a way to nullify it. No idea of what Johnson does or doesn't know, but as for Ross it's clear he's been looking for a solution for this problem (and I am not over-egging it, it's not like a massive Achilles Heel) and now he has more cards to shuffle, as it were. As I say, I reckon this will be an interesting tactical game, punctured by Dunfermline players desperately trying to con the ref.

Score? 2-1.

Not sure what caused the massive chip on Buddhist Monks shoulder but I heartily agree with it, hopefully we actually dive this game, there could be some proper heads gone. 

Sit that guy next to the racist one. 

I reckon we will win this, however for the students of the game this should be an interesting match and let me explain...
We all know that Dunfermline are diving b*****ds, any little touch and they throw themselves to the ground, however ironically their most effective threat has been the physical dominance that Mvoto brought. It took us nearly 20 minutes to finally figure out how to stifle that attack route but in all reality it was a sticking plaster that dealt with the remainder of the game. Coming into a fresh game Johnson surely must realise this and play to those strengths. We on the other hand were bullied by Livi and it's clear we have a bit of a soft centre. Not necessarily physically, but mentally and organisationally. Donati has been brought in and can play either defence or midfield, and we have Hill on loan who is supposedly a defensive player, we have also used a 3rd CB (like Baird for the last 10 against Brechin) to help close up that space and it was McKenzie coming on for that role that helped us deal with Mvoto.
So, in short... has Johnson realised his most affective strategy and has Ross figured a way to nullify it. No idea of what Johnson does or doesn't know, but as for Ross it's clear he's been looking for a solution for this problem (and I am not over-egging it, it's not like a massive Achilles Heel) and now he has more cards to shuffle, as it were. As I say, I reckon this will be an interesting tactical game, punctured by Dunfermline players desperately trying to con the ref.
Score? 2-1.

You’ve got too much time on your hands, bud.

9 minutes ago, DWBud said:

You’ve got too much time on your hands, bud.

Seems an odd comment, it's hardly in depth and took a few mins to write.

Maybe it's not for everyone but I'm genuinely interested to see how Ross can solve a problem that he (and/or the team) haven't dealt with well in the past - including against the very team we are about to play.

5 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Seems an odd comment, it's hardly in depth and took a few mins to write.

Maybe it's not for everyone but I'm genuinely interested to see how Ross can solve a problem that he (and/or the team) haven't dealt with well in the past - including against the very team we are about to play.

If you factor in the Cup our record since 13th Jan is.. DLLLDD, scoring just 4 goals in the process. Ross will be quaking in his sensible yet stylish boots. 

37 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Ross will be quaking in his sensible yet stylish boots. 

Did you see the last game between us? Despite it being clear your best strategy was to stick Mvoto up and punt balls to our defence - who were not handling it well - yet Johnson waited until the last 15 mins or so, and even got a goal from it (iirc).

We can be all silky football, but we haven't shitfested a game in some time (or at least it seems that way). It's almost as if we've forgotten how to, and I feel that is the best way to counter us. Livi proved that to an extent as they also bullied us recently - granted we gifted them at least 2 goals in that defeat.

You say you've only scored 4 goals, but Dunfermline were on fire at the start of the season and there has to be a kernel of that left even if it only shows itself once in a while. We have been scraping wins recently so it really could take just one goal from you to at least take a point. That said, I do think we'll beat you tomorrow on Saturday. As you said, your form isn't great and we have home (boo) advantage.

Andy Ryan is a player I'd be interested to see. Someone had mentioned to me that he looked good in the lower leagues and when we were linked I was keen for him to come to us, but you grabbed him instead. Only seen one sub appearance from him so far, and that was late in the game.

Archived