Hibs vs Hearts

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has there been posts deleted or is Nastro just shouting at the night? Either way, you get them telt buddy! [emoji106].

Think this will be a really entertaining game with both teams trying to get the ball down and play. A classic beckons. 6-5 to Hearts.

49 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Has there been posts deleted or is Nastro just shouting at the night? Either way, you get them telt buddy! emoji106.png.

Think this will be a really entertaining game with both teams trying to get the ball down and play. A classic beckons. 6-5 to Hearts.

Only one team plays the silky smooth doon on the groond fitbaw in Edinburgh. Hearts to play volleyball with their feet as per usual.

greggy.png

Buzzing for this, supposed to be working in the evening but will try and get that sorted so I can catch the game. Big game for both sides, for us it's another chance to cement our position in 4th and possibly get us closer to 2nd/3rd, and Hearts needing a result to have hopes of a top 6 finish with Killie and Motherwell close behind them. 2-0 Hibs, Kamberi double. 

As Derby day looms, Hibernian gear up to play their city rivals,although the rivalry is only really down to the location of the two clubs and not actually based on the quality of the sides or indeed size of the club with Hibs being a few classes above in both departments, most Hibs fans see Celtic as our main rivals and I'd agree with that.

Anyway..... on to the game and I'm quite intrigued to see how Levein will set Hearts up for this match. It's a real dilemma for him - come out and try and match Hibs by playing football and you find yourself three nil down after 20 minutes or sit in and try and frustrate Hibs by turning the game into a bit of a brawl but inviting pressure from a team with players such as John McGinn, Scott “Scooter” Allan, Brandon Barker, Dylan McGeouch etc etc is asking for trouble, one lapse in concentration when playing against internationals and you'll be punished.

Lennon and the Bhoys will need to approach this game in a very professional manner as it is a potential banana skin. Except from Berra, Lafferty and Simon Naismith on the wing, Hearts are a bit of an unknown quantity but just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean to say they're bad players. It’s rumoured that Berra may be out with a concussion and I would imagine that would weaken Hearts.

I think Sunday’s result will play a big role in determining how Hearts will play and if they will get a result. It was a crushing disappointment for Hearts, they had the chance to reach a National semi final at Hamden Park. They’re took a fantastic support through to Motherwell, apparently 4 thousand which is basically half of their home support!, the reason being is that most of that crowd would have never have been to a semi final before. I can imagine what that’s like....in fact I actually can’t because Hibernian are seasoned pros when it comes to winning trophies and we known Hampden like the back of our hand but you get the jist of my feeling. That result was a massive blow and Hearts may struggle to get up for this game. They may well be broken.

On the other hand it may galvanise them. If I was Craig Levein I would be saying to my players before the game to take the chance to be heroes, All of those Hearts fans in the away stand will have grown up hearing stories from their grand fathers and great fathers, tales told around the campfire of times when Hearts had managed a win at Easter Road. It may be time those supporters had stories of their own to tell to their grandchildren in a few decades. Their grand children will look into their eyes, full of emotion on hearing those tales of victory , wondering if there old grandad has finally went mad or maybe, just maybe, they’ll believe it.

As Derby day looms, Hibernian gear up to play their city rivals,although the rivalry is only really down to the location of the two clubs and not actually based on the quality of the sides or indeed size of the club with Hibs being a few classes above in both departments, most Hibs fans see Celtic as our main rivals and I'd agree with that.

Anyway..... on to the game and I'm quite intrigued to see how Levein will set Hearts up for this match. It's a real dilemma for him - come out and try and match Hibs by playing football and you find yourself three nil down after 20 minutes or sit in and try and frustrate Hibs by turning the game into a bit of a brawl but inviting pressure from a team with players such as John McGinn, Scott “Scooter” Allan, Brandon Barker, Dylan McGeouch etc etc is asking for trouble, one lapse in concentration when playing against internationals and you'll be punished.

Lennon and the Bhoys will need to approach this game in a very professional manner as it is a potential banana skin. Except from Berra, Lafferty and Simon Naismith on the wing, Hearts are a bit of an unknown quantity but just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean to say they're bad players. It’s rumoured that Berra may be out with a concussion and I would imagine that would weaken Hearts.

I think Sunday’s result will play a big role in determining how Hearts will play and if they will get a result. It was a crushing disappointment for Hearts, they had the chance to reach a National semi final at Hamden Park. They’re took a fantastic support through to Motherwell, apparently 4 thousand which is basically half of their home support!, the reason being is that most of that crowd would have never have been to a semi final before. I can imagine what that’s like....in fact I actually can’t because Hibernian are seasoned pros when it comes to winning trophies and we known Hampden like the back of our hand but you get the jist of my feeling. That result was a massive blow and Hearts may struggle to get up for this game. They may well be broken.

On the other hand it may galvanise them. If I was Craig Levein I would be saying to my players before the game to take the chance to be heroes, All of those Hearts fans in the away stand will have grown up hearing stories from their grand fathers and great fathers, tales told around the campfire of times when Hearts had managed a win at Easter Road. It may be time those supporters had stories of their own to tell to their grandchildren in a few decades. Their grand children will look into their eyes, full of emotion on hearing those tales of victory , wondering if there old grandad has finally went mad or maybe, just maybe, they’ll believe it.

Tl:dr

Tl:dr

Well that’s your loss Mr Dons_1988 because you missed out on fantastic pre-match analysis from Dom, which Sky or BT or Alba or whoever is showing the game will struggle to match on Friday night.

Archived