Killie v St Johnstone

TW surely can't be the only one who doesn't know Denny Johnstone is totally garbage and not suitable to start Premiership matches. I expect to see Kane up front. Hopefully...

Mannus

Shaughnessy, Anderson, Kerr, Tanser

Wotherspoon, Willock, Davidson, Craig, Williams

Kane

Keeps Millar fresh for Saturday hopefully. Macca obviously won't play.

Mulumbu and Greer have both taken a dive, so scared are they of the Meh derby atmosphere.

Killie 0-8 Saints.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's sad that Chris Kane is our brightest hope up front. He's a poor man's Cummins. Has anyone heard when McMillan is likely to be fit?

In a perverse way I actually miss Cummins. Big lovable Irish teddy bear that he was.

McMillan is still sidelined by all accounts. I’d be amazed if we see him before the split at this rate and he’s not exactly going to be up to speed. So that goal scorer we so desperately needed and did actually sign has played 20 minutes since his debut. That’s typical saints.

11 minutes ago, Widge said:

McMillan is still sidelined by all accounts. I’d be amazed if we see him before the split at this rate and he’s not exactly going to be up to speed. So that goal scorer we so desperately needed and did actually sign has played 20 minutes since his debut. That’s typical saints.

What the f**k is wrong with the laddie?

He's not going to be one of these chocolate types like the other "I'm retiring from full time football" Irish striker is he?

Pretty sure it was a similar clash as the one between McMillan and Cerny that set the ball rolling on Gormley chucking it.

Definitely a shite bit of luck that he's only managed 20 minutes. Made the comparison before but Motherwell bring a new striker in and he gets their season going again.

Although with every hat-trick Cummins scores, you get less excited about McMillan!

What the f**k is wrong with the laddie?
He's not going to be one of these chocolate types like the other "I'm retiring from full time football" Irish striker is he?

Pulled his hamstring when he landed. One of those injuries that you’ve got to be totally over otherwise you’ll just make it worse. See Foster for an example, similar injury, out for 12 weeks minimum.

I think McMillan will be a god signing eventually, he was lively enough in the 20 minutes we saw, albeit that’s limited massively I know.

McDonald, O'Donnell, Broadfoot, Findlay, Taylor, Power, Dicker, Tshibola, Erwin, Jones, K.Boyd

Subs - Fasan, McKenzie, S.Boyd, Wilson, Frizzell, Brophy, Simpson.

IMO.... I'm convinced SC is planning Brophy to start against Ross Co on Saturday, so Boydie is rested for next Tuesday nights replay.

Real confusion over our starting line-up. The unofficial Twitter reports that Johnstone will start up front, before amending it to Kane. At the exact same time of this amendment, the official Twitter reports that Johnstone will start up front. They have since amended it to Kane. It can only be assumed that the official Twitter copied the unofficial Twitter before receiving the actual line-up. A classic Meh Derby mix-up. When will the drama end?

32 minutes ago, Widge said:

Ando not even in the squad, with Gordon on the bench. Safe to say he’s injured?

Wonder when the last time Ando was left out a squad through choice (neither injured or suspended), feels like you'd be back into the First Division days.

Dominating possession, having the most shots, looking dangerous.

Concede first and face an uphill struggle.

Season in a nutshell.

Archived