• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

I see that they have found the body of a women that decided that it would be a good idea to go hillwalking on Thursday in the Ochils.

It made me wonder what is the stupidest thing you have ever done, or that any of your mates have done?

Have you ever had the inclination to go up the hills during the worst winter in years, ever been tempted to play Russian Roulette, or even more stupid talk back to the Mrs when she is on her fun week?

Edited by Tynieness

In days gone past I would walk miles home in atrocious weather whilst absolutely buckled.

Lost a game of Russian roulette once, never again...

Yesterday I put my flat keys in the bin and spent ages looking for them, I only found them when I retraced my exact steps.

One time I drove 20 miles to a dog kennel to drop my parents dog off and when I got there I realised I had forgotten the dog.

Stupid stuff like that happens to me all the time.

Yesterday I put my flat keys in the bin and spent ages looking for them, I only found them when I retraced my exact steps.

One time I drove 20 miles to a dog kennel to drop my parents dog off and when I got there I realised I had forgotten the dog.

Stupid stuff like that happens to me all the time.

After your recent arrival, I hope things change.

ETA: The circle of life indeed, after your revelation about Spunkbin.

6166624087_30e6f018e0_b.thumb.jpg.d4fb247c9c76011da26f310601a83903.jpg

On a night out in the mid 90s with a series of well placed jabs I provoked a pretty crazy mate of mine to rugby tackle me in King Edward Street in Perth where we both ended up going through a shop window.

43 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

I see that they have found the body of a women that decided that it would be a good idea to go hillwalking on Thursday in the Ochils.

It made me wonder what is the stupidest thing you have ever done, or that any of your mates have done?

Have you ever had the inclination to go up the hills during the worst winter in years, ever been tempted to play Russian Roulette, or even more stupid talk back to the Mrs when she is on her fun week?

Alison walked Dumyat literally every day of her life when she wasn't on other hills, was a skilled winter mountaineer and was found at Dumyat farm with no cause of death established yet so I wouldn't rely on media reports saying she was "lost".

You aren't to know any of that but it's an unfortunate example and speaks to a poor understanding of hillwalking amongst journalists.

This thread will just contain a collection of ‘didn’t happens’ from our resident Walter Mittys. 

I see we’ve had 2 such tales already. A very strong start. 

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

Alison walked Dumyat literally every day of her life when she wasn't on other hills, was a skilled winter mountaineer and was found at Dumyat farm with no cause of death established yet so I wouldn't rely on media reports saying she was "lost".

You aren't to know any of that but it's an unfortunate example and speaks to a poor understanding of hillwalking amongst journalists.

This.

Dumyat is little more than a hilly walk and to say that someone has become 'lost' near Dumyat Farm strikes of lazy journalism at its worst.

This thread will just contain a collection of ‘didn’t happens’ from our resident Walter Mittys. 

IMG_0854.jpg

57 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

F*ck my story about doing Everest in flip flops has just been blown out the water.

2 hours ago, Tynieness said:

Should daft chunts that get stuck up hills in utterly dreadful weather have to pay for their rescue?

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

In days gone past I would walk miles home in atrocious weather whilst absolutely buckled.

Lost a game of Russian roulette once, never again...

Used to drink in an area of Belfast where we had to cross several very dodgy, "interfaces", to get home. We often blew the taxi money on one last round and then walked it. Looking back we were as lucky as we were stupid.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

F*ck my story about doing Everest in flip flops has just been blown out the water.

Was that you! I tried to say hi when I sledged past you on the way back down.

2 hours ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Should daft chunts that get stuck up hills in utterly dreadful weather have to pay for their rescue?

When I come to power, my first act will be to disband Mountain Rescue.

3 hours ago, throbber said:

IMG_0854.jpg

How's that imaginary child of yours doing Throbber? My imaginary Missus passes on her regards......

How's that imaginary child of yours doing Throbber? My imaginary Missus passes on her regards......

She’s doing great, for an imaginary child she certainly has me deprived of sleep already!

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

When I come to power, my first act will be to disband Mountain Rescue.

Good idea. Nothing beats the bounty of coming across a rotting corpse with a perfectly good pair of goretex boots on.

13 minutes ago, throbber said:

She’s doing great, for an imaginary child she certainly has me deprived of sleep already!

The first 18 years are the worst.

5 minutes ago, Romeo said:

The first 18 years are the worst.

It's the following 18 that are most expensive though.

3 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

It's the following 18 that are most expensive though.

I am finding this to be the case.