League 1 Team of the Year

Don’t watch other sides enough to really pick a team.

Despite being top, I wouldn’t be clambering to select any of our players for one reason or another.

The Forfar keeper at Ayr a few weeks ago deserves some kind of individual award though, was like watching a reincarnation of Davie McGurn

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Don’t watch other sides enough to really pick a team.

Despite being top, I wouldn’t be clambering to select any of our players for one reason or another.

The Forfar keeper at Ayr a few weeks ago deserves some kind of individual award though, was like watching a reincarnation of Davie McGurn

Roy Kortsmit must have been reading Davie's training manual.

LINEUP111520205949373.thumb.png.05e69fe122d21ef1be8294a3079cdc50.png

A more serious effort. 

Subs are the players that only just missed out for me.  

McCall the manager simply for getting a free scoring team together. 

Can’t say I watch the opposition much during games and slightly biased towards Raith but here’s my effort:

McCallum has impressed me with his sheer physical stature and shot-stopping.

Graham, again a physical beast. Wins everything in the air. The rest of the defence pick themselves as the tightest in the league. Especially Davidson who’s had the season of his career. Thomson also had a new lease of life. Murray, solid defensively at LB.

McCord would be nowhere near the XI if I hadn’t realised he’s hit 9 goals again from midfield. Trouten speaks for himself. Roberson was a funny one - when fit he’s the best natural midfielder in the league. Could possibly swap him for Crawford at Ayr.

Struggling for wingers but went for Vaughan - class up top, good at left wing but wasted in CM (ffs Smith!). 12 goals and 11 assists *according to the BBC website*

Moffat on the right (don’t know if he can play there) but - 9 goals and 14 assists.

Shankland first name on the sheet.

Moore has the best goals per minute ratio in the league (86min per goal).

*link to the BBC stats http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-league-one/top-scorers*

4F83FB4D-1CF9-470E-8120-450266281B7F.jpeg

Can’t say I watch the opposition much during games and slightly biased towards Raith but here’s my effort:

McCallum has impressed me with his sheer physical stature and shot-stopping.

Graham, again a physical beast. Wins everything in the air. The rest of the defence pick themselves as the tightest in the league. Especially Davidson who’s had the season of his career. Thomson also had a new lease of life. Murray, solid defensively at LB.

McCord would be nowhere near the XI if I hadn’t realised he’s hit 9 goals again from midfield. Trouten speaks for himself. Roberson was a funny one - when fit he’s the best natural midfielder in the league. Could possibly swap him for Crawford at Ayr.

Struggling for wingers but went for Vaughan - class up top, good at left wing but wasted in CM (ffs Smith!). 12 goals and 11 assists *according to the BBC website*

Moffat on the right (don’t know if he can play there) but - 9 goals and 14 assists.

Shankland first name on the sheet.

Moore has the best goals per minute ratio in the league (86min per goal).

*link to the BBC stats http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-league-one/top-scorers*

4F83FB4D-1CF9-470E-8120-450266281B7F.thumb.jpeg.8baf9eb842c3bcd7621d3bd3c05790b5.jpeg
Revolutionary 4-5-2 formation [emoji6]

• 1 month later...
Confirmed TOTY

Parry

Taggart

Davidson

O’Brien

Thomson

Vaughan

McDaid

Flannigan

Moffat

Shankland

Trouten

Other than Sir Jamie Adams not being in it I can’t see too much wrong with it.

The likes of Kerr and Bell would have been close if with us the entire season.

Thought Moore should’ve been in it.

I thought that for a minute but then you couldn’t really leave Trouten out.

Wait - Raith player Jason Thomson? I didn’t even notice that - he put on the worst performance I’ve possibly seen this season at Somerset.

Really pleased to see Declan in that team, he really deserves it for me. He’s got loads of talent, no doubt about it but the position he plays can be one that is nullified by the way certain oppponents like up and operate. He’s been really important and I like that he’s not afraid to think outside the box and try things that maybe don’t always come off but are exciting to watch and when they do, you’re left thinking “woah”. A little more consistency of course is needed but that’s normal for a player of his age and the level he’s playing at.

Cant disagree with too much of the team. Must have been close with Moore and Trouten since there’s not many strikers who will score 27 goals and not get in that team. I’m assuming it’s a variety of factors but the deciding one likely being Trouten scoring that many goals for a team at the bottom of the league. Which is probably fair enough.

Archived