Scott McTominay

3 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Who said that.  Both are quality.

If you want to continue the wee mentality, have at it.  I doubt England will lose much sleep over it to be honest.

Probably good we've got him, we'll know either way in a few years.

Just now, forameus said:

If you want to continue the wee mentality, have at it.  I doubt England will lose much sleep over it to be honest.

Probably good we've got him, we'll know either way in a few years.

It's not about England champ.  If you want to continue the bellend act have at it.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
6 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:
Maybe a couple of sponsors, no difference to signing on fees.  

Again not sure. Any transfer fee would no doubt be inflated due to him being an English International. There is usually a correlation between sign on fee and transfer fee.

You're assuming he'll be transferred. He's at man utd.  If his career goes according to plan he probably never will be.  And being a successful intl with Scotland is the same.  Man utd will pay his worth as a player.  You're confusing his value as a player with marketability.

2 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

It's not about England champ

Yeah, maybe you're right, I can't see you mentioni....

21 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Total legend for telling England not to even bother coming to speak to him though and his dad is the fkn man too.  Raised him right.

Ooft.  If only you had some real experience in the game, you might have noticed that first.

Like I said, if you think that's a big thing, then have at it.  Free to believe whatever wee mentality you want to think.  It's just sad that that's celebrated, particularly when I doubt England will be particularly bothered beyond the initial "oh well, he had potential".  

If in a decades time he has led us to tournaments and been an absolute revelation, feel free to reply on this and I'll upgrade it to being a wonderful thing that he rejected another nation for us.  Until then, I'll keep aside the bunting.

It's nice to see us get him on board, have to admit when England showed an interest in him i was 100% sure we had no chance. That said let's hope it's not another 5 yrs till we see him make his debut.

With yet another youngster looking the real deal the future is looking much brighter.

2 minutes ago, forameus said:

Yeah, maybe you're right, I can't see you mentioni....

Ooft.  If only you had some real experience in the game, you might have noticed that first.

Like I said, if you think that's a big thing, then have at it.  Free to believe whatever wee mentality you want to think.  It's just sad that that's celebrated, particularly when I doubt England will be particularly bothered beyond the initial "oh well, he had potential".  

If in a decades time he has led us to tournaments and been an absolute revelation, feel free to reply on this and I'll upgrade it to being a wonderful thing that he rejected another nation for us.  Until then, I'll keep aside the bunting.

See you're making the same mistake again.  And still being a bellend.  I don't give a fk if England are bothered.  As a Scotland fan it's great that someone turned down England for us.  Same as a Dundee fan would think if someone turned down Dundee utd for them.  Totally normal and natural.  Just you're bellendry taking over is the problem.

Again not sure. Any transfer fee would no doubt be inflated due to him being an English International. There is usually a correlation between sign on fee and transfer fee.
It's definitely plausible that it could increase his signing value. Clubs take a ridiculous amount of metrics into how they value players these days, if he was going to a world cup for England and had great Twitter 'bants' with his team mates, he's more marketable.

I suppose the alternative is though that if he is a star for Scotland, he can maybe become the face of a world cup team and his status elevated.

I wouldn't really call it without a time machine.

English players earn more due to qualification bonuses from the FA too, something Scotland players don't get.. 

He qualifies as a homegrown player anyway so the idea around earning more for signing on fees etc doesn't stand up

I haven't seen him play but good luck to him. Hope he carries on getting plenty of games and improving 

9 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, I'm not sure he's ready to play Costa Rica, Hungary, Israel or Albania yet.  He's only played against the likes of Chelsea and Sevilla so far, not really on the same level.

Are you being sarcastic?

Let’s hope he’s not another over-rated, over-hyped young English player and turns out to be the real deal. Good for us to get him, we’ve got a huge lack of players from the top clubs in the EPL so can only be good for the national team.