Scott McTominay

Robertson for i don't know how long , crosses are infuriating. Especially when he does well at Liverpool and is one of our weaker players for Scotland. Actually think since he has because captain he hasn't been the same. 
Tierney is much better than Robertson at national level when it comes to crossing.
Not letting this slide.
I was just talking about a specific kind of cross. Robertson gets a much better shape on his than Tierney which makes them harder to defend, plus Robertson's better at crossing from a standing start, I'd say.

Tierney's not bad at these things though.

I think Robertson has been good for Scotland this year on the whole and although he has had a sticky spell at Liverpool at times this season he seems to have come out of that and his recent performances appear on the surface to be back to where they once were. I don't follow him at club level so I'm happy to be corrected on that front.

Edited by 2426255

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

A strange time to he criticisng Robertson. He’s been decent past year at least would say for Scotland. I do agree that I don’t really see him as a captain but tbh I don’t really see it as a big deal and would do more harm than good shifting it off him now.

He is quite evidently a leader with this group of players IMO. 

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

A strange time to he criticisng Robertson. He’s been decent past year at least would say for Scotland. I do agree that I don’t really see him as a captain but tbh I don’t really see it as a big deal and would do more harm than good shifting it off him now.

I dont disagree with any of this. I'm just not seeing how great he has been. He has did alright. Again I find his crosses on a whole to not be great for Scotland this last campaign . Would love if there was any stats to back this up however more out curiosity. Captain I agree regarding changing now however it be pointless. However dosnt mean I don't believe he shouldn't be captain.

Overall we are doing great as a team n thats all that matters.

Regarding Mctominay..... I wouldn't have him in the starting eleven currently 

• 1 month later...
On 11/01/2022 at 13:47, John Lambies Doos said:

Don't understand why he wasn't given captaincy last night, he gave to Bruno and then to the goalie once Bruno went off. Really think he deserves it.
Rashdord 200K a week was an absolute disgrace

Well it seems you might have to wait a couple of years until he gets given the Man Utd captaincy judging by what Ralph has said.

He is an academy boy, his energy is amazing. He now also starts scoring goals and also with some leadership skills. I wouldn’t be surprised if in a couple of years he would be the captain of this team.

Ralph Rangnick

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/c41g3npzywxo

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Appreciate he was an academy player but been starting or in first team squad for few years now. Managers comment, whilst encouraging, was a tad patronising imo

I think it was about as clear a way he could say that McTominay is very much captaincy material without completely undermining his current captain.

9 minutes ago, Scumjob said:

I think it was about as clear a way he could say that McTominay is very much captaincy material without completely undermining his current captain.

I don't think he is being considered to be the captain, I'm just taking Ragnicks's words literally. 

Edited by 2426255

Exemplary for me for that kind of football that we played in the second half was Scott McTominay, he won almost all second balls in the 2nd half; he won a lot of 50:50 situations in the centre of the pitch and then we had our counter attacking situations.

Ralf Rangnick

In the second half Scott (McTominay) I must once again say was exemplary – a real leader, he played with authority when we needed it most and I think that had a positively contagious effect on all the other players in the centre of the pitch.

By winning those duels in the 2nd half we had counter attacking situations ourselves and we knew that they (Brentford) were weak in moments when we could play with speed and tempo towards their goal and making their back three drop back and bring them into one on one sprinting duels.

Ralf Rangnick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMmOg2ckm1c

He (Scott McTominay) got a knock on the back and couldn't breathe properly, I spoke to him in the locker room [after] and he should be okay for Saturday.

Ralf Rangnick

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/scott-mctominay-picks-up-back-injury-at-brentford-19-january-2022

Edited by 2426255