Scott McTominay

13 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Meldrew posting nonsense about McTomiany over two different sub forums now.

McTominay clearly stole his burd, best to ignore as he really can't seem to get over it.

He was excellent against Chelsea, doing very well for his position and age Vs competitors at a similar age.

Still wouldn't currently have him in my first 11 for Scotland, but that's an indication of our excellent strength in depth in midfield at the moment and the emergence of Hendry as a champions League centre back.

Good times to be a Scotland fan, very bad time to be a self hating Scot like Meldrew.

where do you get the idea i'm self hating ?

As for McTominay maybe on this website i'm in a minority of 1, but believe me many share my opinion

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/scott-mctominay-2021-22-performances.464099/page-39

Edited by Meldrew

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Fair play Meldrew, I respect your viewpoint mate. I don't think he's shite personally but then again I don't watch him every week. I don't think you're trying to bait the forum. 

thanks for that, i don't see Kierney Tierney every week, and i was curious why he wasnt playing last night against United, so i had a little lurk in a gooners forum, i was pretty shocked at some opinions about him on ''Arsenal Mania''

''Limited'' & ''not an elite premier league defender'' stood out for me, while on this forum i would imagine he'd be rated a Top 5 maybe even Top 3 full back in the ''Barclays''

1 hour ago, Meldrew said:

thanks for that, i don't see Kierney Tierney every week, and i was curious why he wasnt playing last night against United, so i had a little lurk in a gooners forum, i was pretty shocked at some opinions about him on ''Arsenal Mania''

''Limited'' & ''not an elite premier league defender'' stood out for me, while on this forum i would imagine he'd be rated a Top 5 maybe even Top 3 full back in the ''Barclays''

I'd say the only player that has reached the very top is Robertson, the rest are good players but still have 1, 2 or more steps to get to the top in my view. This is a Scotland forum so it's understood it won't be that objective.

Tierney's very close to being in the top tier, I'd say. There aren't many faults to his game and has everything you want of a full-back. His whipped crosses probably aren't as good as Robertson's (but still decent) and he takes way too many stupid shots but other than that he's great.

It's shite for full-backs at the moment as Cancelo's just decided he's the best right and left-back in the PL.

On 03/12/2021 at 13:57, accies1874 said:

His whipped crosses probably aren't as good as Robertson's (but still decent) 

Robertson for i don't know how long , crosses are infuriating. Especially when he does well at Liverpool and is one of our weaker players for Scotland. Actually think since he has because captain he hasn't been the same. 

Tierney is much better than Robertson at national level when it comes to crossing.

Not letting this slide.

Robertson for i don't know how long , crosses are infuriating. Especially when he does well at Liverpool and is one of our weaker players for Scotland. Actually think since he has because captain he hasn't been the same. 
Tierney is much better than Robertson at national level when it comes to crossing.
Not letting this slide.

This is nonsense, Robertson has been one of our top performers in 2021, wayward shooting aside.

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

This is nonsense, Robertson has been one of our top performers in 2021, wayward shooting aside.

That's pish. Rather he was not captain either. His crossing has been brutal.  Over hits it constantly. Tierney with his over lapping at times I have more faith in. 

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

Passes back the way ? I def watch different games when I see him play for Scotland. 

Meh all good in the end. 

You definitely have been watching different games then, it's pretty unarguable that Robertson has been excellent for us for a while. Taking the Israel game as an example he sets up Mcginn with a driving run, a 1-2, and then another excellent forward pass. Then 2nd half sets up Dykes with a fantastic cross. Both things you have said he hasn't done for us.

As has been mentioned, he probably should have 3-4 goals to his name but that's the only mark on his card. Been an excellent captain of late.