Scott McTominay

There’s games where he looks top, top level (europa final as a good example) but he doesn’t show that every game IMO. Hopefully under ragnick, that’s going to start changing as he’s looked really good so far with the new manager.

Think for Scotland it’s between him and McGregor alongside McGinn and Gilmour. McGregor and Gilmour have played really well together recently so it’d take a fair amount to deviate from that - nice problem to have though.

Goldbridge is a Tory wanker who hates every non-English player apart from Ronaldo and Van De Beek.

He's finally realised and accepted that Harry Maguire is shite and doesn't deserve to start for United.  He still blindly worships Luke Shaw and Jadon Sancho however.  Despite them both being extremely average.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

???

23 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Goldbridge tearing into McTominay again tonight

Who's he? Ex pro? Never heard of an ex Man Utd player or coach called Goldbridge.

Edited by 2426255

31 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Goldbridge tearing into McTominay again tonight. Getting to the point now where Clarke has to look elsewhere.

Why would that guys opinion make much of an impact? He seems to mainly be notable for making himself look like an idiot on his own channel.

Hating McTominay is one of Goldbridge's running gags at this point. Also, it's essentially a comedian playing a character. Why anyone would give weight to his opinions i've no idea. The fella behind it (Brent Di Cesare) is very good at it tbf to him. 

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Do The Nerds have any idea how he'll fit into Ten Hag's system? I've not seen much of Ajax beyond the odd CL game so I've no idea.

There's a really good rundown here from Tifo:

Essentially he plays a 'back 3' but it is highly fluid drawing in players from the back four and a holding mid (i.e. CB-CB-LB or HM-CB-RB or whatever). It might actually suit McTominay really well with his ability to transition between CB and HM/CM. He is best suited to a role where he can cover a lot of ground IMO so this system might allow him the freedom to do that.

Of course Ten Hag might set up his united team in a completely different way so we'll have to wait and see.