Scott McTominay

Hard to see where McTominay fits in to the starting XI now for me.

There was a time when McGregor was the obvious shout to give way but he's come on massively and really looks the part in there with Gilmour and McGinn. Been impressed with him and wonder if any English sides will be taking a look.

At the back Souttar just stuck his name in there with Hendry, Hanley and I reckon now Cooper as well who are all good enough to be in there with Tierney. And as natural centre backs probably edge McTominay for me.

Good place to be if you've got him on the bench or as a rotation option.

• 2 weeks later...

Was given Man of the match on Sunday against Chelsea. Crazy to think someone paying well for Man utd is not an automatic starter for the national team just now. Shows the strength and depth we have at the moment. For what its worth I'd still have him in right of the back 3. Its something that will split us supporters and will be a tough call for Clarke come March if everyone is available. But a good headache to have!

I'd be playing him in midfield with Gilmour and Mcginn, with mcgregor dropping to the bench.

Harsh on Mcgregor, but I dont think its a coincidence that he has played his best football for us since gilmour has been in the side. Gilmour gets the best out of people.

Mctominay performs regularly at a higher level than Mcgregor has played. I reckon he would be excellent with Gilmour.

53 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I'd be playing him in midfield with Gilmour and Mcginn, with mcgregor dropping to the bench.

Harsh on Mcgregor, but I dont think its a coincidence that he has played his best football for us since gilmour has been in the side. Gilmour gets the best out of people.

Mctominay performs regularly at a higher level than Mcgregor has played. I reckon he would be excellent with Gilmour.

There be opportunity to look at it in June when we have our 6 games in two weeks.

Theres no danger of it happening right now, but the problems in 2017-2018 were from successive failures to plan for the future. We lost key members of the team in a short period of time and had little in reserve, and what talent we did have wasn’t experienced. 

I’d hope to see Turnbull, and Ferguson get some game time. Hopefully, we can draw Iceland/Armenia rather than the stronger teams so it’s less risky to rotate.

I sort of agree, but then McT and Gilmour started together in that honking show in the Faroes!

On 01/11/2021 at 19:02, TheScarf said:

Probably his nationality. They won’t crirtise the English defenders who are the reason they’re so shite. They’ll go for the Scottish midfielder.

take 5 minutes and lurk in a Man United forum, Maguire, AWB, Rashford & Shaw all get hammered, its nothing to to with his nationality, has everything to do with him being shite,  he is in no way good enough if the club want to return to where they occupied with a decade ago

On 30/11/2021 at 14:24, Elgin Macca said:

Was given Man of the match on Sunday against Chelsea. Crazy to think someone paying well for Man utd is not an automatic starter for the national team just now. Shows the strength and depth we have at the moment. For what its worth I'd still have him in right of the back 3. Its something that will split us supporters and will be a tough call for Clarke come March if everyone is available. But a good headache to have!

one football pundit decided to give him MOTM, notrhing more, nothing less, and it doesnt show the strength of depth of the national team, it shows how far Manchester United have fallen that he has started over 100 times for them, its un fucking believable really

Edited by Meldrew

5 hours ago, Meldrew said:

awful,  dreadful,  rubbish, big bag of w**k !

Your opinion is ridiculous.

McTominay is a quality young midfielder, who would likely comfortably make the squad of every European international team. The fact he doesn't start in our midfield is testament to strength we have in that area.

(He would probably be guaranteed more starts in midfield for England tbh)

3 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Your opinion is ridiculous.

McTominay is a quality young midfielder, who would likely comfortably make the squad of every European international team. The fact he doesn't start in our midfield is testament to strength we have in that area.

(He would probably be guaranteed more starts in midfield for England tbh)

funny-gif-man-jump-out-the-window.gif

Meldrew posting nonsense about McTomiany over two different sub forums now.

McTominay clearly stole his burd, best to ignore as he really can't seem to get over it.

He was excellent against Chelsea, doing very well for his position and age Vs competitors at a similar age.

Still wouldn't currently have him in my first 11 for Scotland, but that's an indication of our excellent strength in depth in midfield at the moment and the emergence of Hendry as a champions League centre back.

Good times to be a Scotland fan, very bad time to be a self hating Scot like Meldrew.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

What previously banned poster is Meldrew anyway? 

I dunno if he is one or not. Occasionally new morons do rock up on here.

His fixation on McTominay being “shite” and is his refusal to accept that he’d clearly get into the squad for the vast majority of national teams world wide is pretty tragic.

I look forward to a photo of a shortbread tin or something.