Scott McTominay

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Has McKenna been "exposed"? The last I heard, the Forest fans quite liked him. Nobody has been suggesting he gets an automatic start anyway, he's behind the three starters and Cooper in the pecking order.

McIntyre has only started 7 games this season, hopefully he's starting to nail down his place, but you can hardly put Reading's success down to him at the moment, in the same way Forest's position has little to do with McKenna.

Any of the centre halfs mentioned could replace mctominay

He was only in as he's right sided and can bring the ball out. But in most games has committed a blunder which led to a goal

There's no need for that when we can just slot him in midfield where he is quality

Would love to see a midfield three of mctominay Gilmour and mcginn going forward

Gilmour needs much talked about club game time

Edited by Binos

19 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Agree but goalkeeper is going to be a problem for us. Marshall 35, McLaughlin 33, Gordon 38. It's a fair amount of shite left after that.

There is a young lad called Bobby Allain who Clarke should definitely be taking a look at. 

3 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

Why does McKenna get an automatic start? He’s been exposed as average in the English Championship and was very overrated at Aberdeen - let’s face it out with Rangers and Celtic the standard the Scottish Prem Is no higher than mid league 1 in England - that’s generous based on the the standard of player you cannot deny it.

Tom McIntyre, Hanley and Cooper are all performing comfortably better and are all superior on the ball.

Could you show your working regarding 'been exposed as average in the English Championship'?

His defensive stats at Aberdeen were brilliant. Forrest fans to a man seem to think he'll be off in the summer if they don't win promotion.

42 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Obviously it's nonsense given that we kept clean sheets in a bunch of them ones where he played there.

This is what I'm not getting. Clarke will be in absolutely no rush to replace McTominay for this very reason. We've got plenty of depth in midfield and have for some time had a dodgy defense. I'm sure if we're losing players in the middle, there'll be a change of heart as to where he plays, but I'm pretty sure Clarke will want him defending for now.

On 04/02/2021 at 09:07, cameron2000 said:

Why does McKenna get an automatic start? He’s been exposed as average in the English Championship and was very overrated at Aberdeen - let’s face it out with Rangers and Celtic the standard the Scottish Prem Is no higher than mid league 1 in England - that’s generous based on the the standard of player you cannot deny it.

Tom McIntyre, Hanley and Cooper are all performing comfortably better and are all superior on the ball.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nottinghamforest.news/2020/12/01/scott-mckenna-provides-nottingham-forest-positive-despite-latest-defeat/amp/

Not a hint of “found-out-ery “ in this article. 

I haven’t been impressed by Cooper any time I’ve seen him. Not someone I’m desperate to have in the team but I know we are hardly swimming with options. Think a lot of our centre halves are very similar in terms of level and it will come down to who Clarke trusts. 

If the rumours are true about Gallagher refusing to play for Motherwell then we're probably going to have to find a new player for the centre of the defence too, which would be a bit of a blow.
Hanley will probably come in.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

If the rumours are true about Gallagher refusing to play for Motherwell then we're probably going to have to find a new player for the centre of the defence too, which would be a bit of a blow.

Bit of a blow, but I think of all the three centre backs Gallagher is the most replaceable with Cooper and McKenna easily fitting in. 

I'd be more concerned with injuries to Tierney or McTominay as our designated left and right central defenders. As much as I think McTominay is wasted in there.

As for McKenna, seen a stat that he is is the most dominant centre half in the English Championship this season in terms of % aerial and ground duals won. He's also captained Forest already. Hardly screaming a guy whose been found out.

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Hanley will probably come in.

Would be shocked if it isnt Copper or McKenna that come in to the starting team.

If Gallagher goes full AWOL and ends up out the squad, might be an opening for Jack Hendry since he's playing well in the centre of a back 3 by the looks of it.

If Hendry plays in our back three at any point then it'll be on the right hand side. It seems fairly clear that Clarke wants a big physical guy in the middle, which means Cooper, McKenna, Hanley etc. You do have to question what's going on in Gallagher's head if this is true. I know he's clearly not the brightest given his past, but you'd think this would be the biggest opportunity of his career.

Bit of a blow, but I think of all the three centre backs Gallagher is the most replaceable with Cooper and McKenna easily fitting in. 
I'd be more concerned with injuries to Tierney or McTominay as our designated left and right central defenders. As much as I think McTominay is wasted in there.
As for McKenna, seen a stat that he is is the most dominant centre half in the English Championship this season in terms of % aerial and ground duals won. He's also captained Forest already. Hardly screaming a guy whose been found out.
Would be shocked if it isnt Copper or McKenna that come in to the starting team.
If Gallagher goes full AWOL and ends up out the squad, might be an opening for Jack Hendry since he's playing well in the centre of a back 3 by the looks of it.
IMO McKenna's more likely than Cooper due to being a big b*****d in the middle of the three to head and clear away. Clarke sees Cooper on the left of a three. He likes Hanley, though, and seems desperate to get him involved. I've not seen him in way more than a year (and even then thought he was poor) but am happy to give Clarke the benefit of the doubt.

After a half-hearted look on Twitter and here, I can't see anything about Gallagher other than him having a slight muscle injury.

Just now, accies1874 said:

After a half-hearted look on Twitter and here, I can't see anything about Gallagher other than him having a slight muscle injury.

The rumour is that if he plays another game for Motherwell that would trigger an automatic contract extension. His deal is up at the end of the season and he wants to move. Therefore there is speculation that the "muscle injury" is just Motherwell putting a bit of spin on it.

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If Hendry plays in our back three at any point then it'll be on the right hand side. It seems fairly clear that Clarke wants a big physical guy in the middle, which means Cooper, McKenna, Hanley etc. You do have to question what's going on in Gallagher's head if this is true. I know he's clearly not the brightest given his past, but you'd think this would be the biggest opportunity of his career.

He may well have lost his starting spot by the time of the Euros but barring injury he's a certainty to be in the squad.

No way he goes if he is acting the c**t. Crazy.

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I’m keen to see Hendry on the right of the three. He’s got unbelievable pace and I thought he was excellent in his Scotland appearances. Seemingly he’s the real deal now and this gives a good chance to get McTominay in midfield. This in turn gives us extra height in the team for set pieces. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The rumours are nonsense...that's not to say that I think Gallagher is Scotlands best centre half though.