Scott McTominay

Guest DAVIDB69
Never had a good game for Scotland, dontchano?

He had about 5 and I am not joking .

Name an outstanding performance apart from the Netherlands game

McTominay starting tonight Vs Barcelona. Again trusted to anchor the midfield against one of, if not the, greatest teams in Europe. He should be a first pick for us - don't know what else we're waiting for from him.

People would rather he was playing week in week out for Aberdeen. [emoji848]

I totally agree with you.

He had about 5 and I am not joking .

Name an outstanding performance apart from the Netherlands game
Vs the Czech Republic in the 2-2 game where he ran his f*cking heart out, dug a goal out of nothing and generally played the inspirational captain role to a T. All while suffering from UC.

Rather impressive I'd say.

In any case the point is it wasn't Fletcher's role to be some kind of creative superstar. His job was to anchor and control the Scotland midfield, which he did, well, on plenty of occasions. But of course if he didn't do a double Rabona and score a hattrick then that means he had a bad game.

He's looked pretty good 1st half in my opinion although he runs like a.... ehhm.. trying to think of something really slow and lumbering.... he runs like a Scottish footballer.

edit: he's looking really good 2nd half too. I love watching a young player progress. You can tell his confidence is building with every game. Go on boy!

Edited by MickeyPaul

7 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

How has this guy not been starting for us.

Been one of the best players on the park tonight if not the best.

He's improving with each game, man. He really has looked assured in the big Man Utd games I've seen... there's hope!

Improving... see.... 22... Billy Bremner at 22... this forum woulda spat oan him. Dalglish "Oooo bum like one of them Benny Hill tarts" Jimmy Johnstone "Hahaha get back tae Harry Potter!" As Gordon Strachan once said... "Yer no a paedo if ye shag a 15 yer ald wummin" and I agree with that because it's fact. I'm no' saying it's right.... but I'm also saying it's no wrang.

Sorry, was doing an impression of a Glaswegian there. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Thank goodness we started Kenny McLean and John McGinn ahead of the lad.

The easiest of arguments.   

Is a squad player staring at the 5th best team in the EPL better than (possibly) the best midfielder in the Championship?   

Having seem both play I believe they're of similar stature to each other along with Stuart Armstrong ( who plays at a better level than John McGinn- but this doesn't matter).    Callum MacGregor is more talented than Scott, John, or Stuart but he doesn't play in the EPL but that's not important, because what makes a good player is their ability to play not their club.     

Just now, Billy Rubin said:

The easiest of arguments.   

Is a squad player staring at the 5th best team in the EPL better than (possibly) the best midfielder in the Championship?   

Having seem both play I believe they're of similar stature to each other along with Stuart Armstrong ( who plays at a better level than John McGinn- but this doesn't matter).    Callum MacGregor is more talented than Scott, John, or Stuart but he doesn't play in the EPL but that's not important, because what makes a good player is their ability to play not their club.     

Its also the type of player.  None of those players can defend at all, so are no use for a defensive midfield role.  McTominay is he only one we've got, absolute nailed on starter for the foreseeable future.

He's been excellent against 3 of the best teams in the world. That's some evidence there to suggest he can do it against teams that aren't the best in the world too. I don't think the questions are necessarily about him and more about his team mates. As we all know... football is a lot easier when your teammates are really good. When they're shite.... you're gonna look shite too because they'll never make the run for your pass and they'll never show for the ball so you lose possession and so on. Great players are absolutely reliant on good or at the least, average  team mates. c***s that can at least pass the fucking ball towards "GIANT TARGET STAR PLAYER!" Scotland still haven't worked out how to even pass the ball and I know these players can pass. I'm on that bandwagon. We're far more shite than we... are?  Joking. I think we're far better than we show and I absolutely believe we can give the top teams a proper game. Going into games thinking you're shite isn't a good start. f**k it.

Improving... see.... 22... Billy Bremner at 22... this forum woulda spat oan him. Dalglish "Oooo bum like one of them Benny Hill tarts" Jimmy Johnstone "Hahaha get back tae Harry Potter!" As Gordon Strachan once said... "Yer no a paedo if ye shag a 15 yer ald wummin" and I agree with that because it's fact. I'm no' saying it's right.... but I'm also saying it's no wrang.

Sorry, was doing an impression of a Glaswegian there. 
You were doing an impression of a dreadful poster, as usual.

14 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Vs the Czech Republic in the 2-2 game where he ran his f*cking heart out, dug a goal out of nothing and generally played the inspirational captain role to a T. All while suffering from UC.

Rather impressive I'd say.

In any case the point is it wasn't Fletcher's role to be some kind of creative superstar. His job was to anchor and control the Scotland midfield, which he did, well, on plenty of occasions. But of course if he didn't do a double Rabona and score a hattrick then that means he had a bad game.

He wasn't as bad as the majority made out and had some very good performances for Scotland.

He was damaged goods by the end of his career though and would take the easy option every time. The Poland game where we drew away from home was a hard one to forget. He got the ball about 25 yards from goal in the final minute, in heaps of space and instead of taking the shot he fired a pass to our left back, obviously content with a draw.