Scott McTominay

Fair enough if you're judging it on current levels I might give you Fletcher and Morrison who have no doubt regressed markedly from their peaks, but Brown is still absolutely streets ahead of Jack and Henderson, as are McGregor, McTominay and Armstrong. Ryan Jack on the same level as a boy starting and shining for Manchester United every week. Come on. Ryan Jack ffs.

Man united could buy any of the players above in a second pay them quadruple. The fact that they don’t suggests mctominay is a better player

19 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Surly you don't judge a player on his height?McTominay still has a lot to  learn in the game plus to play at international level,with the ball he looks very accomplished but without the ball his positional sense needs to get better.

Spoiler

kKhVGJR.jpg

1 hour ago, Millions said:

McTominay, Armstrong and McGregor is our strongest 3.

Also emoji23.pngemoji23.png at Ryan Jack

I'd probably agree with that. Those 3 are all different types of central midfielder too which is positive. McArthur and McGinn are not far behind those 3 either. 

Guest DAVIDB69

It’s the he must be pure dead brilliant because he is the books on a big side mentality. He is okay but my issue he will be guaranteed a game now , irrespective of form or if he is suddenly dropped by mouriniho

2 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

It’s the he must be pure dead brilliant because he is the books on a big side mentality. He is okay but my issue he will be guaranteed a game now , irrespective of form or if he is suddenly dropped by mouriniho

I don't think it's likely he'll be a starter over the next year. He's a great prospect but it'd be worth McLeish picking more experienced players in the middle to begin with.

I don't think it's likely he'll be a starter over the next year. He's a great prospect but it'd be worth McLeish picking more experienced players in the middle to begin with.

But isn’t that just reverting the good old jobs for the auld boys formula that’s got us absolutely nowhere for 20+ years?

But isn’t that just reverting the good old formula of jobs for the auld boys formula that’s got us absolutely nowhere for 20+ years?

Yeah I'd hate to see us knee-jerk into starting all the 30-plussers because of a false start vs Costa Rica

11 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Yeah I'd hate to see us knee-jerk into starting all the 30-plussers because of a false start vs Costa Rica

But at the same time "knee-jerking" is exactly what people were resorting to with the whole "eternal failures" argument.  The solution is always to keep the experienced players that can still do a job and feed in the younger players that can make a difference.  Or, put more simply, just play the best combined 11 we can, regardless of if they're 16 or 36.

But at the same time "knee-jerking" is exactly what people were resorting to with the whole "eternal failures" argument.  The solution is always to keep the experienced players that can still do a job and feed in the younger players that can make a difference.  Or, put more simply, just play the best combined 11 we can, regardless of if they're 16 or 36.

Totes. Mulgrew, Berra, Fletcher etc still have a part to play for us. So too do Chris Martin and Steven Fletcher to a lesser degree. What would be shit tho is if the likes of McKenna was put in cold storage till he's 25 because we're scared that he might not be perfect. A blend is the answer e.g for the defence Berra, McKenna plus Mulgrew or Souttar/Lyndsay/Hendry when McLeish finds the right game to break them in

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...