Scott McTominay

Whereas after dinner speakers are encouraged to talk about current events rather than about themselves and their experiences. 
Id suggest you’re talking shite tbh.

Suggesting thick as f**k, Charlie Nicholas isn’t a good public speaker is hardly a stretch.

3 minutes ago, Fat Controller said:

You would know all about talking shite right enough son having spoke enough of it on this thread.

Telling lies to try and impress strangers on the internet seems to be a trend on here, you’ll fit right in on the Bo’ness thread.

I was pleasantly surprised with Charlie Nicholas as an after dinner speaker at a recent event here in Matsuyama. Not only did he deliver his speech in perfect Japanese but his proposals for reversing climate change and the Middle East peace process were nothing short of revolutionary.

He did come across as a bit of a narcissistic c**t telling a story about his playing days at Arsenal and that Jeff Stelling is a w****r in real life though......

On 18/03/2018 at 20:43, sjc said:

I was pleasantly surprised with Charlie Nicholas as an after dinner speaker at a recent event here in Matsuyama. Not only did he deliver his speech in perfect Japanese but his proposals for reversing climate change and the Middle East peace process were nothing short of revolutionary.

He did come across as a bit of a narcissistic c**t telling a story about his playing days at Arsenal and that Jeff Stelling is a w****r in real life though......

How's your Japanese coming along sjc, fluent yet? Seems a very hard language to learn to me.

Read that article too, but I've also read articles where he pretty much said "I would have always chosen Scotland", so I'm not going to give McLeish massive amounts of credit for persauading him when it seemed like it just confirmed his choice.

Still, it's positive.  We've heard a lot in the past decade or so about them searching every avenue for eligible players, but it's rarely to this degree.  If we're starting to approach players like McTominay and Gunn with a bit more professionalism, and not seeming like we're just trying to get a ringer in for a 5s game, then maybe we'll get more luck.

Read that article too, but I've also read articles where he pretty much said "I would have always chosen Scotland", so I'm not going to give McLeish massive amounts of credit for persauading him when it seemed like it just confirmed his choice.
Still, it's positive.  We've heard a lot in the past decade or so about them searching every avenue for eligible players, but it's rarely to this degree.  If we're starting to approach players like McTominay and Gunn with a bit more professionalism, and not seeming like we're just trying to get a ringer in for a 5s game, then maybe we'll get more luck.

Yep agreed I do like the fact Mcleish got down there to speak to him in person during the bad weather.

17 minutes ago, skippy2015 said:

Yep agreed I do like the fact Mcleish got down there to speak to him in person during the bad weather.

I'm fairly sure McLeish lives down there 

First time I've seen Mctominay kick a ball about a football park as i don't watch the English mince,positives very comfortable on the ball can pick a pass negatives got caught on the ball and heavy touch when running with the ball i'm sure he will get better,for me McGregor McGinn and Armstrong are better players.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

First time I've seen Mctominay kick a ball about a football park as i don't watch the English mince,positives very comfortable on the ball can pick a pass negatives got caught on the ball and heavy touch when running with the ball i'm sure he will get better,for me McGregor McGinn and Armstrong are better players.

Disagree with that completely. Not just because he’s 6ft 4, but McTominay, at the moment, is clearly head and shoulders above those you’ve mentioned. Him and Robertson are our best players by a mile. The flaws in McTominays game you’ve identified can be easily overlooked as it was his first international, and was surrounded by absolute dross that aren’t on his wavelength and no clue what they’re doing.

17 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Disagree with that completely. Not just because he’s 6ft 4, but McTominay, at the moment, is clearly head and shoulders above those you’ve mentioned. Him and Robertson are our best players by a mile. The flaws in McTominays game you’ve identified can be easily overlooked as it was his first international, and was surrounded by absolute dross that aren’t on his wavelength and no clue what they’re doing.

Your a EPL fanboy so little surprise with your answer.     

You post suggests McTominay plays like the 2nd coming of Andrea Pirlo,  and his craft was vision was diluted by poor movement and positioning.    He's clearly a talented DM, and he did absolutely fine for his first cap.    But to suggest he's 'miles' better than Keiran Tierney or Leigh Griffiths is nonsense.    

TBH there isn't a great deal to pick between the following:

Scott McTominay
Tom Cairney 
Kevin McDonald 
Callum McGregor 
Stuart Armstrong 
James Morrison 
James McArthur 
Barry Bannan 
Charlie Adam 
Darren Fletcher 
Graham Shinnie 
Kenny McLean 
Graham Dorrans 
John McGinn 
Ryan Jack 
Dylan McGeouch 
Liam Henderson 
Ryan Gauld   

...and of course the now retired Scott Brown 

6 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Not much to choose between Brown, Fletcher and James Morrison; and Liam Henderson, Ryan Jack and Kevin McDonald.

IMG_7713.jpg

At this moment in time, absolutely. 

59 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Fair enough if you're judging it on current levels I might give you Fletcher and Morrison who have no doubt regressed markedly from their peaks, but Brown is still absolutely streets ahead of Jack and Henderson, as are McGregor, McTominay and Armstrong. Ryan Jack on the same level as a boy starting and shining for Manchester United every week. Come on. Ryan Jack ffs.

I don't think we'd have been significantly weaker if Ryan Jack had played CM on Fri night.   

I'm not fanboying him, or anyone else on the list, just pointing out an obvious strength in depth in the CM area. 

I believe McTominay is slighly better than Jack if you want me to compare the highest profile player on the list with the lowest. 

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Surly you don't judge a player on his height?McTominay still has a lot to  learn in the game plus to play at international level,with the ball he looks very accomplished but without the ball his positional sense needs to get better.Plus for me he was part blame for the costa rica goal you have got to track the runners.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Your a EPL fanboy so little surprise with your answer.     

You post suggests McTominay plays like the 2nd coming of Andrea Pirlo,  and his craft was vision was diluted by poor movement and positioning.    He's clearly a talented DM, and he did absolutely fine for his first cap.    But to suggest he's 'miles' better than Keiran Tierney or Leigh Griffiths is nonsense.    

TBH there isn't a great deal to pick between the following:

Scott McTominay

Tom Cairney 

Kevin McDonald 

Callum McGregor 

Stuart Armstrong 

James Morrison 

James McArthur 

Barry Bannan 

Charlie Adam 

Darren Fletcher 

Graham Shinnie 

Kenny McLean 

Graham Dorrans 

John McGinn 

Ryan Jack 

Dylan McGeouch 

Liam Henderson 

Ryan Gauld   

...and of course the now retired Scott Brown 

It clearly suggests nothing of the sort.

Pirlo as a comparative and that list... [emoji1]

Surly you don't judge a player on his height? McTominay still has a lot to  learn in the game plus to play at international level,with the ball he looks very accomplished but without the ball his positional sense needs to get better.

Of course not.