Scott McTominay

In some international weekend a few years from now Sky will be showing a vital league 1 relegation clash between Oldham and Southend as filler and McTominay will come on as a sub for Oldham. That's probably at least as likely a scenario as him turning in to the next Darren Fletcher.

54 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

In some international weekend a few years from now Sky will be showing a vital league 1 relegation clash between Oldham and Southend as filler and McTominay will come on as a sub for Oldham. That's probably at least as likely a scenario as him turning in to the next Darren Fletcher.

Ffs. He hasn’t kicked a ball for Scotland yet and he is getting a slagging.  He is a young man who has chosen to play for Scotland. Applaud it and get behind him instead of pulling him down. If this is the sort of attitude he is going to face, I wouldn’t be surprised if he changed his mind and went to England and who would blame him. 

9 minutes ago, Bighairycoo said:

Ffs. He hasn’t kicked a ball for Scotland yet and he is getting a slagging.  He is a young man who has chosen to play for Scotland. Applaud it and get behind him instead of pulling him down. If this is the sort of attitude he is going to face, I wouldn’t be surprised if he changed his mind and went to England and who would blame him. 

They're saying on the Crisps & Prawn Sandwiches forum that he is tinpot and their nan is better than him. 

Better sticking with us.

I don't follow English football, so I've never seen him play and have no idea if he'll turn out to be great for us or not.   I don't think it's going over the top to be pleased that we've got a player at our disposal playing at that level.   Better than not having him as an option, isn't it? 

12 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

True, he might as well just kill himself now and save the heartache. 

13 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

No it's not.

9 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

No it's not.

It is, as it is with any player at a young age.

The problem with the stuff that you quoted is that it's clear what side of that divide that they are relishing. It's bizarre.

I really don’t understand some Scottish people when I see things like this thread. A young guy getting regular game time at one of the top clubs in the world chooses to play for Scotland, and instantly some seem utterly desperate for him to fail. Remarkable.

35 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I really don’t understand some Scottish people when I see things like this thread. A young guy getting regular game time at one of the top clubs in the world chooses to play for Scotland, and instantly some seem utterly desperate for him to fail. Remarkable.

See the Ryan Gauld thread. Scottish folk seem to have this in-built mechanism which rubbishes anything with potential, so that in the long run they can turn round and say "I told you this would be shite".

45 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

It is, as it is with any player at a young age.

The problem with the stuff that you quoted is that it's clear what side of that divide that they are relishing. It's bizarre.

No it's not.  He's not 'any' player.  And player isn't getting a game for man utd.

Nicholas is an absolute moron.  Anything he is saying should automatically be dispelled as being the ramblings of a bitter amoeba.

I think he's had brain damage caused by spending too much time around Paul Merson and Phil Thompson.b

55 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Wow.  That is breathtaking levels of bellendry.  And total nonsense too given England wanted him.

He said a year ago he felt more Scottish than English, he's clearly been raised Scottish.  Can't wait for him to shit all over Nicholas meagre caps record.