Scott McTominay

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
2 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:
People on here blowing their loads over a player who has about 12 first team games to his name as if he is the Scottish Iniesta or Xavi. You gotta laugh.

You must be one of the most bitter men around.

I believe he did!  

This young lad had a choice to make and felt more Scottish.    

Welcome you lad.   We embrace your decision.  

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd still be inclined to throw Stevie Mallan into the central mids that could come good mixer as well.

Dwarf tossing is no longer seen as a PC pursuit.

3 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Jay McEveley also played for England U20s and U21s before being capped by Levein.

It was actually McLeish who capped him.

4 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
5 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:
People on here blowing their loads over a player who has about 12 first team games to his name as if he is the Scottish Iniesta or Xavi. You gotta laugh.

You must be one of the most bitter men around.

Coming from someone who throws about words like Craven, minter, servile and imbecile to fellow Scots ,you take irony to a whole new stratospheric level. 

6 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

Coming from someone who throws about words like Craven, minter, servile and imbecile to fellow Scots ,you take irony to a whole new stratospheric level. 

He's not wrong though. You seem desperate for McTominay to fail.

The only thing more cringey than people hyping up young players to be Pele (not that anyone's been particularly effusive about McTominay...yet), is people that are absolutely desperate to take an opposite view.  

Well, maybe apart from the "but he's no pyoor Scottish" brigade.

16 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I cant help but feel he’ll get the Darren Fletcher treatment and people will expect a superstar when he plays for us. They’ll be expecting him to be beating men and scoring wonder goals even when that’s not the type of player he is. 

We've already had the "won't drag us to victories" pish on this thread.

13 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

I think you're seeing things mate, absolutely nobody has blown a load or compared him to Iniesta or Xavi. Two posts you've made now have been negative about a 21 year old playing for a top 4 English side and in the Champions League. You're a muppet.

37 minutes ago, forameus said:

The only thing more cringey than people hyping up young players to be Pele (not that anyone's been particularly effusive about McTominay...yet), is people that are absolutely desperate to take an opposite view.  

Well, maybe apart from the "but he's no pyoor Scottish" brigade.

Yup. The way I see it, a 21 year old showing a lot of promise has decided he wants to play for Scotland. This can only really be a positive.

12 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Haven’t seen that much of this lad , but I suspect he is just finding his feet at club level , never mind being ready for full international football based on a few games

If John McGinn was ready to make his debut whilst playing in the Scottish Championship (and failing to win promotion to Premiership that season) then I'm pretty sure McTominay, who started ahead of Paul Pogba away to Sevilla in the CL last 16, is ready to play against Costa Rica in a friendly.

37 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We've already had the "won't drag us to victories" pish on this thread.

I think you're seeing things mate, absolutely nobody has blown a load or compared him to Iniesta or Xavi. Two posts you've made now have been negative about a 21 year old playing for a top 4 English side and in the Champions League. You're a muppet.

Aww! I love you too.

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

Yup. The way I see it, a 21 year old showing a lot of promise has decided he wants to play for Scotland. This can only really be a positive.

Absolutely.  It's just the effusiveness of some praise that goes too far.  What you said could be applied to Oliver Burke, who people were absolutely tugging the heid off it over when he moved to Germany.  And Gauld (to a lesser extent) before him.  Any player with potential could come good, but I'd far rather just sit back and let him show it rather than piling undue pressure on to him, or just proclaiming that he's pure shite.

Absolutely.  It's just the effusiveness of some praise that goes too far.  What you said could be applied to Oliver Burke, who people were absolutely tugging the heid off it over when he moved to Germany.  And Gauld (to a lesser extent) before him.  Any player with potential could come good, but I'd far rather just sit back and let him show it rather than piling undue pressure on to him, or just proclaiming that he's pure shite.

Nobody is disagreeing with you m8. I'm just delighted he has picked Scotland, great option if he does go on to become a phenomenal player. The fact that he plays in Man U first team certainly meant that the Eck conversation had to take place and I'm glad it did. Still feel that perhaps eck is getting too much credit here. All he had to do was keep his mouth shut as the boys father did the real work by bringing his son up properly. Its the people on here that have already written him off, put him down and almost wish him to fail that are the real c***s 

Quite a few players have jumped from Norn Iron to Southern Ireland. Danny Devine played at youth level for his home nation then let it be known that he wished to switch allegiance to the South. Michael O'Neill wanted to add him to his Euro 2016 squad but was unable to do so as Devine had signed an international transfer form which committed him to Southern Ireland.

Back in the day Alfredo Dr Stefano played for Colombia but was later naturalized and became a full Spanish international once he had joined Real Madrid.

Pretty chuffed that he's decided to declare himself for Scotland. 

His career is still in its infancy - he may turn out to be another in a long line of players who just don't live up to their promise - but he's an excellent option for us to have. He gives us stature in the middle of the park, is comfortable in possession and looks like a pretty decent partner for McGinn long term.

He could have made himself a fortune in sponsorships etc and been well within his rights to go for England. Whoever convinced him to declare for us - whether its his dad, Mourinho, Ferguson, McLeish  or whoever else - has really done us a turn on the basis of his form for United.

14 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Pretty chuffed that he's decided to declare himself for Scotland. 

His career is still in its infancy - he may turn out to be another in a long line of players who just don't live up to their promise - but he's an excellent option for us to have. He gives us stature in the middle of the park, is comfortable in possession and looks like a pretty decent partner for McGinn long term.

He could have made himself a fortune in sponsorships etc and been well within his rights to go for England. Whoever convinced him to declare for us - whether its his dad, Mourinho, Ferguson, McLeish  or whoever else - has really done us a turn on the basis of his form for United.

Playing for England instead of Scotland really makes Virtually no difference at all to his earning potential.  That's a total misnomer.  Playing for man utd and being marketable etc is what it's about, unless he became a stat for England at a major tournament he could cash in for a wee while.  But it's really negligible.  His bread and butter is man utd.

Total legend for telling England not to even bother coming to speak to him though and his dad is the fkn man too.  Raised him right.

Playing for England instead of Scotland really makes Virtually no difference at all to his earning potential.  That's a total misnomer.  Playing for man utd and being marketable etc is what it's about, unless he became a stat for England at a major tournament he could cash in for a wee while.  But it's really negligible.  His bread and butter is man utd.
Total legend for telling England not to even bother coming to speak to him though and his dad is the fkn man too.  Raised him right.
Not completely sure about this m8. I think if Fletcher had played for England he would have got more money through sponsors, signing on fees etc. Wouldn't in anyway make him a better player rather tune into the overinflated hype of an English international

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
12 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Not completely sure about this m8. I think if Fletcher had played for England he would have got more money through sponsors, signing on fees etc. Wouldn't in anyway make him a better player rather tune into the overinflated hype of an English international

Maybe a couple of sponsors, no difference to signing on fees.