Panic buying

9 hours ago, Scosha said:

A similar photo was taken in Greenock/Port Glasgow Tesco of a guy buying a trolley full of milk for his local shop, only for him to be punting the same bottles for £4 each. The picture was put on one of the local Facebook pages and shortly after some locals apparently smashed his Mercedes up.

I like the Vigilante types.

Morton fans may be alright after all 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've oticed a trend developing.

When I finish work and visit my local Tesco/Asda and ask why their is no bread/Milk I'm told it was in earlier.

So in summary the great fucking sponging b*****d Unemployed/pensioners are getting loaves and milk but the working class are getting hee haw.

I'm gonnae need to take a holiday from work just to buy some fucking bread.

Update - Wife is off  today so sent her into town and she got bread. 

Cancel Bob Geldof 

17 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

When I finish work and visit my local Tesco/Asda and ask why their is no bread/Milk I'm told it was in earlier.

So in summary the great fucking sponging b*****d Unemployed/pensioners are getting loaves and milk but the working class are getting hee haw.

Proof indeed that whiney bitches can't plan ahead.

On 06/03/2018 at 11:34, nsr said:

So in the worst case scenario where the supermarkets get stripped bare (either by theft or desperate yet legitimate purchasing) without being replenished due to whatever natural disaster hits us next, what's the last item that will be standing on the shelves?

Marmite and cheap fish paste?  

Tins of Pilchards in tomato sauce

I honestly think supermarkets need to be stronger in these situations and tell c***s buying 40 pints of milk that they can buy a reasonable amount or they can f**k off.  I'm more than happy to offer my services at check-outs kicking folk in the pie if they disagree with such a sensible approach.

19 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Update - Wife is off  today so sent her into town and she got bread. 

Cancel Bob Geldof 

Are you the teacher? If so, I'll take no lectures about free time.

If not, stop moaning anyway.

23 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I honestly think supermarkets need to be stronger in these situations and tell c***s buying 40 pints of milk that they can buy a reasonable amount or they can f**k off.  I'm more than happy to offer my services at check-outs kicking folk in the pie if they disagree with such a sensible approach.

Take the milk off them and put a cow in their trolley if they want that much.

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 14:28, The Moonster said:

They don't seem to have a problem setting limits on cases of beer.

Not that I'm equating beer with milk but it's the same principle.

We have a 6 per customer limit on items, but nothing stops them getting friends or family to also buy 6 at a time...

19 minutes ago, Eoin said:

We have a 6 per customer limit on items, but nothing stops them getting friends or family to also buy 6 at a time...

Who are "we"? 

Of course you can't stop it completely and some will find a way round it but a reasonable limit on things would stop the majority from bulk buying. 

12 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Tesco has no limit anymore. Use to but all we want is your money

Morrisons have a limit of 2 when they have £15 a litre of Grouse deals, but tell you just to make separate purchases if you have more. Same till.

3 hours ago, trainspotter said:

They don't seem to have a problem setting limits on cases of beer.

Not that I'm equating beer with milk but it's the same principle.

Are there laws stating how much alcohol or how many units can be purchased in one transaction? Genuine question. I have no idea.

Are there laws stating how much alcohol or how many units can be purchased in one transaction? Genuine question. I have no idea.

I have no idea either but thinking about being in a pub...if I wanted to buy everyone a drink and a bottle of champagne or something surely this would exceed the limit (if there even is one)? Then, it could be different for shops and pubs I guess.

There's no legal limit as to how much alcohol you can buy. Shops and bars are of course free to impose any limit they wish, and legally shouldn't serve you anything if you're drunk 

47 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There's no legal limit as to how much alcohol you can buy. Shops and bars are of course free to impose any limit they wish, and legally shouldn't serve you anything if you're drunk 

Or if they smell drink.  I was refused 4 cans of 330ml lager in Asda because they could smell drink about a year ago. I'd had two pints.

53 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Or if they smell drink.  I was refused 4 cans of 330ml lager in Asda because they could smell drink about a year ago. I'd had two pints.

That would you couldn't buy a second drink in a pub. Mind you I can't remember getting refused even when I could barely stand.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That would you couldn't buy a second drink in a pub. Mind you I can't remember getting refused even when I could barely stand.

Some of the states I got into I shouldn't have been allowed to get into.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's just Asda being c***s over it tbh. They're easily the worst for invoking the "Challenge 25" rule too, which I absolutely despise.  Sometimes if I'm dropping in on my way home I won't have my ID with me and it's always when I get asked for ID. "I'm 29, do you think I look 17?" is my reply. "No but you look 25, take it as a compliment" is what I'm then told. Stick your compliments up your arse and give me my lager.

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

What a fucking riddy! You should really have killed yourself after that.

Archived