Panic buying

Why when folk talk about panic buying is it always bread and milk that are referred to first? Do folk usually munch through loads of bread and drink loads of milk? Why is it felt that these are vital foodstuffs, and does inclement weather mean they eat more of them than they usually would? Perhaps they’ve read too many Broons comics.

In a genuine emergency they would be shite things to buy as they have short shelf lives. You’d be better with tinned produce and things like pasta and rice.

Only utter morons panic buy anyway. Probably the same types who fight each other on Black Friday for a shite TV they don’t need and who would queue up overnight for the latest iPhone.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I went to my local shop there. No bread, milk or eggs in stock. However, I panic bought some double cream and some parmesan, meaning I now have all I need for an emergency carbonara

Ditto! Great minds think alike (though will leave the pancetta out of my portion. Got an aubergine too so plan to roast slices with some passata and a parmesan breadcrumb crust. 

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Ditto! Great minds think alike (though will leave the pancetta out of my portion. Got an aubergine too so plan to roast slices with some passata and a parmesan breadcrumb crust. 

A better class of panic in this thread

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I went to my local shop there. No bread, milk or eggs in stock. However, I panic bought some double cream and some parmesan, meaning I now have all I need for an emergency carbonara

Dear God... There is no cream in a carbonara,  you fucking philistine.

Italian chefs vary on this I find. I appreciate that a lot of folk use only egg yolks, however a timy splash of cream makes it palatable to Baby Bairnadette.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Italian chefs vary on this I find. I appreciate that a lot of folk use only egg yolks, however a timy splash of cream makes it palatable to Baby Bairnadette.

Get her telt! 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:
I look forward to the nuclear apocalypse and the people who don't know basic survival skills dying out tbh.

^^^John Rambo

No, I used to be in the Cub Scouts. We used to go on mad hikes up the woods and pish down hills.

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I look forward to the nuclear apocalypse and the people who don't know basic survival skills dying out tbh.

To be fair to the tiny Falkirk Supporter, being an absolute failure at carbonara won't be a huge disadvantage during an atomic holocaust.

6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

If a nuclear apocalypse stops your daft threads it won’t be all bad.

To be fair to the tiny Falkirk Supporter, being an absolute failure at carbonara won't be a huge disadvantage during an atomic holocaust.
I should point out that everything I add or remove from "traditional" recipes is in pursuit of its improvememnt. I am outstanding in the kitchen and will not hesitate to change things if I know better.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I should point out that everything I add or remove from "traditional" recipes is in pursuit of its improvememnt. I am outstanding in the kitchen and will not hesitate to change things if I know better.

So I see.

2018-03-02-11-13-56-578733865.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

See the source image

Archived