The Best from the West vs Celtic. 11th March

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Great game and not going to be overly critical of any of them. 

We know Cardoso is pretty weak and a Cardoso that hasn’t played in months is always going to lose the physical battle with Dembele, who I thought was excellent today. Bates is still on then it might have been different but he wasn’t so hey ho.

Thought we held our own and when Simunovic gets sent off I only saw one winner but for as much as we had the ball we rarely looked threatening. Made it too easy with poor final ball.

f**k it I am going to be critical. I know he is a young lad and will only get better but that is two Old Firm games Morelos poor finishing has cost us!! 

Over all I am not too despondent as we are heading in the right direction  and will hopefully have more players back for the semi final. 

Thought Willie Collum had a decent game and deserves praise as too often he gets criticised 

It comes down to experience in a lot of ways. Celtic players' know when to increase and slow the tempo. All know what their role is and have more composure.

They also had a much greater level of confidence in themselves. Our players' confidence was very dependent on us being ahead - every time they pulled it back the players' heads went down.

6 hours ago, WFAANW said:

Good game but hopefully we get some red cards and pitch invasions in the second half.

Just a pity some fat mess never jumped the barrier apart from that this is correct

Rangers had Celtic on the fucking ropes at 2-1 with just a minute left of the first half and completely and utterly bottled it. Especially when you consider Celtic played a third of the match a man down. 

Their fans trying to mask the end result as some form of progress or honourable result is hilarious. Proper "diddy" mentality they constantly mock folk for. "Anything other than first is losing", apart from when you've failed to beat your nearest rivals in about eight attempts, obviously 

7 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

That happyaccie bites like a pike.

He tries so hard to convince everybody on here that's he's not one of those balaclava wearing nutters. Shame really. He'd do a better job hiding his true self if he didn't try so hard.

Genuinely hope McLeish ends that ugly looking c***s Scotland career. Waving a foreign countries flag is fucking embarrassing. Classless moron. What other country would tolerate that?

We fell apart after 35 minutes which was poor game management in my opnion, but I  can't be harsh on anyone today. Think it was a mix of a genuine wish to rattle this vile institution, and lack of experience. We're a young team, and will only get better. I can't even be angry at Morelos, he fights for every blade of grass, and that's good enough for me. Once our defence learns to keep weans out a close we'll be some outfit.

I hope we don't throw the baby out with the bathwater and go overboard on Murty and co. We're heading in the right direction, and I'm sure he will remedy our defensive issues. The result is horrible, but that first 35 minutes was like the good old days. Still 2 more of these to come this season...

I've been stuck in Manchester all day because of a Kurdish groups protest on the tracks.  Just getting back to Glasgow now.  

Saw the first half in the pub and bits an pieces of the second on my phone.  

Hugely disappointing to lose to ten men.  Murty might have done irreparable damage to his chances of getting the gig on a longer term basis today. 

Shite day.  

Edit:

DeathStar.gif

Genuinely hope McLeish ends that ugly looking c***s Scotland career. Waving a foreign countries flag is fucking embarrassing. Classless moron. What other country would tolerate that?
We fell apart after 35 minutes which was poor game management in my opnion, but I  can't be harsh on anyone today. Think it was a mix of a genuine wish to rattle this vile institution, and lack of experience. We're a young team, and will only get better. I can't even be angry at Morelos, he fights for every blade of grass, and that's good enough for me. Once our defence learns to keep weans out a close we'll be some outfit.
I hope we don't throw the baby out with the bathwater and go overboard on Murty and co. We're heading in the right direction, and I'm sure he will remedy our defensive issues. The result is horrible, but that first 35 minutes was like the good old days. Still 2 more of these to come this season...

Magic....what a fucking mess [emoji23] [emoji23]

No complaints today, after a bright start we fell some way short, despite being gifted a soft Red (on seeing it replayed). Can’t argue about the quality of their finishing either, but the room we offered was our undoing. Huge blow to lose Bates on their first equaliser but we’d enough chances to share the points. The less said about Morelos’s miss perhaps the better.
Comments in the pub afterwards that Murty had us set up all wrong, don’t excuse or hide our poor use of possession or the numerous blunt crosses we played into and across the box, particularly with a man to the good.
That said, we’re much more positive and competitive under GM for me, unfortunately we won’t get a better chance to turn them over in the current scheme of things.
Gutted to lose another Derby at Ibrox, but despite our faults today, it wasn’t the disheartening display, that we have experienced on several occasions over the last couple of years.
Listened back to the comments of both Managers on this afternoon’s game, reckon they were both pretty much spot on.
Moving on we’ve still plenty to look forward to in the final stint of the campaign, including the battle for 2nd spot and the Cup Semi. Finishing in 2nd Spot and overcoming the gap that Aberdeen secured last season would rightly be seen as decent progress.

Follow Follow

Archived