Cheltenham 2018 - Anyone got any tips?

LLCoolD

Cheltenham is just around the corner, just wondered if anyone had any tips for this year? Cause of Causes looks solid in the Cross Country, but would be keen to here people's thoughts.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first day could be a good day for the favourites. Getabird, Footpad, Buvair D'air and Apples Jade a potential accumulator.

I like Invitation Only in the 4 miler on the first day (if it runs there).

The Ryaniar could potentially be the race of the week for me.

Sky Bet doing money back on losing bets on the first race each day of the festival.

I took a nibble on Apple Jade at 6/4 via the Sky Bet boost.

On 03/03/2018 at 10:31, welshbairn said:

Paddy Power are doing money back on losing bets on all the first day races, but only if the favourites win.

First day is the day for favourite backers and the one bookies have got to be most worried about. For me the bankers of the festival are Beuvoir D'ar (champions Hurdle day 1) Apples Jade (Mares hurdle Day 1) and Altior (Champion Chase Day 2).. The rest risk coming unstuck. This is a handy guide for offers and stats for previous years. I'd be looking at doing that PP offer on a fair few races on day 1.. Also lots of good offers for first race... Coral, money back if lose (£25), Skybet, money back if lose (£20), Ladbrokes and Will Hill double winnings. Could set you up nicely.

On 02/03/2018 at 09:42, List_of_Jericho said:

The first day could be a good day for the favourites. Getabird, Footpad, Buvair D'air and Apples Jade a potential accumulator.

I like Invitation Only in the 4 miler on the first day (if it runs there).

The Ryaniar could potentially be the race of the week for me.

Footpad has drifted quite hard over the weekend. Getabird and Footpad are the 2 I'd be worried about, substitute Footpad for Altior IMO, Altior looks like a beast.

Not a tip by any stretch, just sticking in here as I assume this is/will become the official Cheltenham thread, I’ve had a wee nibble on Kalashnikov in the first with skybet. If it wins I’ll be able to to pick something in every race for free, if it loses I’ll be able to try again in the next race/next horse I fancy. Done it the now as I’ve money in my account I’ll probably “invest” over the weekend

3 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Not a tip by any stretch, just sticking in here as I assume this is/will become the official Cheltenham thread, I’ve had a wee nibble on Kalashnikov in the first with skybet. If it wins I’ll be able to to pick something in every race for free, if it loses I’ll be able to try again in the next race/next horse I fancy. Done it the now as I’ve money in my account I’ll probably “invest” over the weekend

Is this a new customer's offer?

Is this a new customer's offer?

No, not at all. They done it last year as well if memory serves. Money back as a free bet on all losers in the first race (there’s a max stake though - £20 / £10ew I think) every day.

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

No, not at all. They done it last year as well if memory serves. Money back as a free bet on all losers in the first race (there’s a max stake though - £20 / £10ew I think) every day.

First race offer, I see :thumsup2

On 05/03/2018 at 16:15, NJ2 said:

What odds did you get Kalashnikov? Was going at 40s or something ridiculous like that last weekend before dropping into 5s within about an hour.

What odds did you get Kalashnikov? Was going at 40s or something ridiculous like that last weekend before dropping into 5s within about an hour.

9/2 when I put it on. Think skybet do best odds guarantee though so happy if it drifts back to 40’s and wins!

Archived