Inverness CT v Brechin City

Might as well get the weather watch excitement bubbling early... 

What are the chances of the pitch, roads and rail all surviving the sna'?

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

There's no snow here this morning though the temp was down to -6 at 7am.

If you Brechin fans have heaters in your tractor cabs you should make it up here via Aberdeen.

Have to avoid the jacknifed lorries on the A90  but other than that it should be a dawdle . 

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

We've been fortunate in Inverness that other than low temperatures and a wee dusting a couple of days ago we haven't had any real snow falls.

We have had 2 bouts of Thunder Snow over the last couple of days resulting in Siberian type blizzards.   When the winds start gusting visibility on the roads gets down to zero  and it's a total whiteout. ......but I'm sure my John Deere is big enough to handle any slight detours during such episodes .  Just setting off now to be sure of getting there .  Still a few spaces on the bogey for anyone else interested. 

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Doesn't seem to to be any hint from social media that there is any doubt about the game.

John Robertson on STV news just said that though Inverness is clear of sna he would understand if Brechin called the game off.

26 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

We have had 2 bouts of Thunder Snow over the last couple of days resulting in Siberian type blizzards.   When the winds start gusting visibility on the roads gets down to zero  and it's a total whiteout. ......but I'm sure my John Deere is big enough to handle any slight detours during such episodes .  Just setting off now to be sure of getting there .  Still a few spaces on the bogey for anyone else interested. 

I thought Brechin was Fergie Central?

1 hour ago, gm_1982 said:

Surely the f**k this game will be called off based on travelling issues alone?

What do you mean call it off !!!   I've just made it over the Cairn o mount and heading into Echt.  just thinking about bedding down there for the night before heading over the Lecht tomorrow. 

15 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Surely the f**k this game will be called off based on travelling issues alone?

While I appreciate that your region has been hit with a severe storm bear in mind that the Caley team and fans face arduous journeys down the higher reaches of the A9 on a regular basis during the winter.

Given  our location we accept that with a stoic determination to fulfill our match schedule as Darren Dods will confirm.

Our pitch is playable and as I far as I can ascertain on Traffic Scotland the A90 Brechin to Perth is open as is the A9 Perth to Inverness, if this situation remains through the weekend then it is more than possible that the game will game go ahead.

I'm sure many of you Brechin fans have hewed neeps in worse weather than this.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

While I appreciate that your region has been hit with a severe storm bear in mind that the Caley team and fans face arduous journeys down the higher reaches of the A9 on a regular basis during the winter.

Given  our location we accept that with a stoic determination to fulfill our match schedule as Darren Dods will confirm.

Our pitch is playable and as I far as I can ascertain on Traffic Scotland the A90 Brechin to Perth is open as is the A9 Perth to Inverness, if this situation remains through the weekend then it is more than possible that the game will game go ahead.

I'm sure many of you Brechin fans have hewed neeps in worse weather than this.

Most of our players are from the Central Belt which has been hit worse than here .   Depends how Police Scotland view it.   Don't  seriously think they will risk it. 

Our supporters Club have cancelled their bus bus already . 

Edit.   Just posted too soon . Game off.  

Archived