WrestleMania 34

JamieStevenson

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night was my first time watching WWE, at any point, since WrestleMania 31. 

So for me, it was first viewing for a lot of the wrestlers (AJ, Nakamura, Strowman, all four ladies in the title matches), but I enjoyed the show in the main. 

Over five hours is taking the piss though. No wonder the crowd were done in towards the end. 

Despite me never being a fan of women's wrestling, the two best matches for me were the mixed tag and Charlotte v Asuka. 

Got to say, was absolutely loving Charlotte's entrance. Had me mesmorised! 

Enjoyed that and agree with nearly all the above praising Charlotte/Asuka and Rousey. First half was all excellent stuff, but the last 2 hours was just fucking weird.

Pretty disappointed in AJ/Nakamura as it needed another 10 minutes, but the crowd were dead for them anyway. Nice heel turn though.

That same dead crowd suddenly found plenty energy to be pissy about the main event before it even got going. Assholes. Match wasn't likely to be good going finisher after finisher after finisher, but not sure they could have done anything to please a tired audience. 

The show was pretty decent but got worse the longer it went on. It's just too long. I've been to a few manias and that was the abiding point. People are tired and get a main event they just don't like or want. 

The need to take a good hour or more off it. I was getting bored watching on tv never mind the folk being at the event and been out on the lash on Bourbon St all day. 

Still chuckle at the Reigns promo about how Lesnar is 'Vince's boy' and the tears over Lesnar being part time (even calling him a 'part-time b*****d'). As Vince himself stated, Lesnar has earned it.

Reigns' attempts at some sort of 'truthful' promo were pish. Most folk just weren't buying it. They always say that the best promos have elements of truth behind them. The build up tried to be that but didn't connect because the elements of truth weren't there. It all just rang false. Reigns is really Vince's boy given he's just headlined his 4th consecutive Mania, something only Hulk Hogan has done (Austin, Rock, Cena, Undertaker and Lesnar haven't done that).

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Still chuckle at the Reigns promo about how Lesnar is 'Vince's boy' and the tears over Lesnar being part time (even calling him a 'part-time b*****d'). As Vince himself stated, Lesnar has earned it.

Reigns' attempts at some sort of 'truthful' promo were pish. Most folk just weren't buying it. They always say that the best promos have elements of truth behind them. The build up tried to be that but didn't connect because the elements of truth weren't there. It all just rang false. Reigns is really Vince's boy given he's just headlined his 4th consecutive Mania, something only Hulk Hogan has done (Austin, Rock, Cena, Undertaker and Lesnar haven't done that).

I'd say elements of it rang true, and it's certainly some of the best work he's done on the mic, but it did fall down when he talked about Lesnar being Vince's boy.  He's probably not that wrong in saying it given how often Lesnar has gotten him pumped over a barrel, but it's a bit rich given the root of all the complaints about Reigns are that he is the chosen one.

On 4/10/2018 at 00:22, GiGi said:

The show was pretty decent but got worse the longer it went on. It's just too long. I've been to a few manias and that was the abiding point. People are tired and get a main event they just don't like or want. 

The need to take a good hour or more off it. I was getting bored watching on tv never mind the folk being at the event and been out on the lash on Bourbon St all day. 

Absolutely this.  It really started dragging from the moment Styles and Nakamura stepped out.  What was supposed to be a match of the year candidate got absolutely nothing from an audience that was absolutely knackered.  They were 6 hours deep into a show, and likely approaching 8 since they took their seats.  It "ran over" a little more than an hour by the end, and I honestly think I was hallucinating by the time the main event came round having already been up close to 23 hours.  

I'm fine with them putting PPVs on that are set to 4 hours, but WM regularly going to over 5 (7 with the pre-show) is just too much.  You may as well switch up the card and put the shite matches last, because I guarantee no-one gives a shit by the time the main event comes around.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

I'd say elements of it rang true, and it's certainly some of the best work he's done on the mic, but it did fall down when he talked about Lesnar being Vince's boy.  He's probably not that wrong in saying it given how often Lesnar has gotten him pumped over a barrel, but it's a bit rich given the root of all the complaints about Reigns are that he is the chosen one.

Absolutely this.  It really started dragging from the moment Styles and Nakamura stepped out.  What was supposed to be a match of the year candidate got absolutely nothing from an audience that was absolutely knackered.  They were 6 hours deep into a show, and likely approaching 8 since they took their seats.  It "ran over" a little more than an hour by the end, and I honestly think I was hallucinating by the time the main event came round having already been up close to 23 hours.  

I'm fine with them putting PPVs on that are set to 4 hours, but WM regularly going to over 5 (7 with the pre-show) is just too much.  You may as well switch up the card and put the shite matches last, because I guarantee no-one gives a shit by the time the main event comes around.

AJ vs Nakamura suffered massively from the Face vs Face build-up as well I reckon.

Someone in these matches always has to be the heel. Even if it is only temporarily.

Archived