WrestleMania 34

JamieStevenson

59 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The DX Band played the National Anthem before Mania 14 (I think; might have been Mania 15) and after it finished were heavily booed. Comical.

I remember JRs deadpan delivery of "well that just goes to show anything can happen in the WWF" as the boos just got louder and louder.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It ticks a few boxes, I suppose.  I think it's the right decision to make with Rousey, as there's always the risk that she won't be able to perform to a decent standard with one of the bigger names in a one-on-one.  It gets her first match out of the way, it gets HHH on the card - and in a less impactful match than usual - along with Steph, and it takes Angle away from stinking out a match of his own given he's struggling to reach the heights of old. 

I doubt it'll be a long match anyway, equivalent of the mixed tag last year.  HHH to start off, beat the shit out of Angle for 5 to 10 minutes, get some heat, then Kurt to make the hot tag, throw HHH about a bit until he inadvertently makes a tag.  Steph comes in, 60 seconds of getting tossed around like an empty tracksuit, and that'll be it.  

Hopefully this is just a way to get her started, and then on the RAW after WM we either get the Stone Cold face style Rousey, or just a Brock style heel.  Smiley babyface doesn't suit her.

I'm sure Kurt Angle absolutely wants to be in the ring again, and he's enjoying it, but he must look at the Rock not being risked in case he gets hurt, then look at his own failing body, and wonder whether he's made the right life choices.

For what it's worth, although Rock was clearly who they wanted, I think that would make the match even more of a circus than it already was.  It's a vehicle to get Rousey over, as well as give the yearly boost to HHH/McMahon, and putting Rock into that would dilute the attention.  Particularly for what's going to be a short match.  Suppose 3 seconds didn't really hurt him when he squashed the Wyatts...

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

The Rock isn't being risked because it's over WWE's head. They'd use him if they could.

Yeah, totally get that.  They'd do whatever they could with him, but with the millions (AND MILLIONS) wrapped up in contracts for him, the insurance and risk is far too high.  Especially after he got injured the last time he had any kind of proper match.

IMG_9513.thumb.jpg.7444fe704755604914d89054c792a013.jpg
KO In the battle royal?

Apparently so, rumoured around the IWC the past few days as well. Bit of a shame KO v Zayn with Shane & Bryan in a corner each would have been pretty good.

Although KO could just be trolling the said IWC with that tweet.

Archived