Masterchef

The Naitch

1 hour ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Difficult to take this seriously after spending so much time watching the Australian one. And if you watch the Australian one all the way through, you WILL spend as lot of time watching it. Goes on forever, and it's nails compared to this. The standard in the prologue where the prospective contestants cook something just to qualify for the programme is higher and sees better food served up than I've seen so far from this lot. 

Well said - totally agree the Aussie one is hard to beat

I like when the former contestants that are judging try to find something positive even in the poor dishes.  I find the celebrity one unwatchable because of Andi Peters when he is judging, he acts as if he is a 3 star Michelin chef.  I bet that Chicken Parmo was tasty, beetroot ketchup is delicious.

Edited by Swordfishtrombone

On 09/03/2018 at 19:47, Mark Connolly said:

Jay Rayner is a top lad

His restaurant reviews in the Observer are always a good read.  I read them for free on the the Guardian website, I'm not paying £3 for a newspaper. There is little chance I will ever eat at most of the places he reviews, the couple I have been to he was spot on in his reviews, but they are always quite entertaining and he tends to look for what is good rather than go in looking for faults.

I find him the least self important of the critics that go on Masterchef. He seems to realise he has a sweet gig and is never overly harsh.

Knew the big guy would go as soon as he said he's made a space on his shelf the trophy. The fact he proceeded to make a mess of a ravioli was pleasing. Don't even get me started on him wearing an actual tea towel on his head during the whole thing.

Knew the big guy would go as soon as he said he's made a space on his shelf the trophy. The fact he proceeded to make a mess of a ravioli was pleasing. Don't even get me started on him wearing an actual tea towel on his head during the whole thing.

He was an utter roaster, fucking up a ravioli making it look like a soggy pasta folded omelette.

The wee Thai chap looks like a star in the making. People with his kind of personality usually irritate me, but i actually quite enjoyed listening to him.

Just realised there is a thread for this.  Good viewing as always.

Stunned to read through the thread and nobody has picked up that Kenny looks like Bobby Davro's son.  Fair play to him though, the boy can cook. 

I can't recall her name just now, but the woman who done the Indian Tapas dish last night is my tip to be at least a Finalist.  A bit too close for comfort to last year's winner (here's a trio of curries for the 14th time this series...) in last night's show though.

The dentist and stay-at-home-Dad, although scraping through last night, will go far in the competition IMO.

The contestant Greg has 100% killed at least three people in his lifetime.  Those eyes man!! The pilot guy is a w**k of the highest order.  Someone should be launching that p***k out of one of his own planes the next chance they get.  Could be a job for Greg, actually.