Masterchef

The Naitch

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

I misheard the opening intro to the lady from Borneo and thought she said her hasband had "bought" her to Scotland 🙈

I don't think you're far wrong, she definitely had "never been allowed to see my family" vibes. 

Glad the girl who lives in dunfermline is out, she cooked a veg thali twice and chicken curry twice and got the chicken wrong both times. 

22 hours ago, RH33 said:

They put two through this week, there were others who deserved the double keep in.

This week is poor.

It is.  Jack has stepped it up, but not one of this group would have made it through previous heats.  

On 20/05/2023 at 17:07, The Naitch said:

Poor Linda, she had been so good up until now as well.

It looked like she chucked it after experiencing the professional kitchen. It looked like she didn’t enjoy it and then to serve sardines on toast for a place in the semi finals seems a bit odd.

32 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Tough on Jack.  This is a very strong year.  I actually liked how this wee episode played off the previous round - pretentious as it was. 

Jack was great, but had a bad round and nobody else really did, so out he goes. The standard is ridiculous 

45 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

This Turkish boy is brilliant.

ETA: The Soup Nazi from Seinfeld springs to mind.

He was entertaining from a distance but quite clearly an absolute dick to work for.   Anyway, after that Istanbul sojourn, I suspect the field has been narrowed to two.  

Edited by Savage Henry

Chariya and Anurag have been the best in it from the start, either one winning and I'll be happy. 

Thoroughly enjoyed tonights episode as I was at Core back in January, after trying to get a table for 2 years, and the place was incredible.

On 30/05/2023 at 23:22, PB1994 said:

Omar has had a disaster of a trip, they should have told him not to bother coming back.

For me, Chariya is by far the best cook.

And he followed it up by having the best dish at the London restaurant.  He does give the impression he’s not really a high pressure guy though. 

8 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Chariya and Anurag have been the best in it from the start, either one winning and I'll be happy. 

Thoroughly enjoyed tonights episode as I was at Core back in January, after trying to get a table for 2 years, and the place was incredible.

Looking forward to this for no other reason than it means I don’t have to watch the football.  Anurag for me, although Chariya really has come on as the series has progressed.  He’s been very steady from the start. 

It was never that difficult to get into Marcus Wareing’s place. I’m quite keen to try another of the fine dining experiences, but I don’t have that kind of patience. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

It was never that difficult to get into Marcus Wareing’s place. I’m quite keen to try another of the fine dining experiences, but I don’t have that kind of patience. 

It’s the only place I’ve ever struggled to get a table. I went to Gordon Ramsay at royal hospital road last year and was speaking to the Maitre d’. We’re discussing other restaurants and I mentioned that I’d been trying to get a table at Core for over a year and he said it’s the hardest place in London to get a booking for.

Back on topic, does anyone find it strange all the rings Omar wears when cooking? Surely there’s hygiene issues in prepping food with them big things on his fingers