Onthank afc

Grim reaper

Seen an awfa lot of onthank this season probably more than half there games. Early season looked really strong then players who really were the heart of the onthank  team  started leaving as they didn't like the way Caddis spoke to them and thought he was the big gun ( wich he probably was) but my thoughts on this was the manager John gave Caddis to much a say rather having him just play he ended up picking team with him trying to tell him to make subs during the game when he was playing. and the more the season went on the more players they lost vital players may I add guys that's been there through thick and thin and it the end up they didn't have many happy players results started going badly and he left with his brother Dylan and now they basically don't have any team the heart and soul players that stuck there through the years had left and signed with other clubs. A think they will struggle to see season out a hope to God they do though as John has been trying extremely hard to keep the team together and if he can see season out he can then try again himself next season.

As I have said previously this is a football forum and people have opinions on matters (whether there right or wrong) and are entitled to them. But couple of things... Dylan leaving the club has absolutely nothing to do with me. He has an opportunity to step up a level and improve himself something that I think Any boy giving the chance would take. As for the heart and soul boys you are talking to. The only player who left onthank and signed for another club to my knowledge was Graeme Boax. He wanted more game time which is totally understandable. Not all the boys would have liked the way I went about things probably because it was different and new to what they had been used to over the years. I can take the digs and bad press that I am getting on here. But I put a lot of work into TRYING to make things work at onthank and no one was more gutted than me that it didn’t. I wish john, who is one of the best guys a have met in the game all the best and onthank as a club for the future.

6 minutes ago, cadlad said:

As I have said previously this is a football forum and people have opinions on matters (whether there right or wrong) and are entitled to them. But couple of things... Dylan leaving the club has absolutely nothing to do with me. He has an opportunity to step up a level and improve himself something that I think Any boy giving the chance would take. As for the heart and soul boys you are talking to. The only player who left onthank and signed for another club to my knowledge was Graeme Boax. He wanted more game time which is totally understandable. Not all the boys would have liked the way I went about things probably because it was different and new to what they had been used to over the years. I can take the digs and bad press that I am getting on here. But I put a lot of work into TRYING to make things work at onthank and no one was more gutted than me that it didn’t. I wish john, who is one of the best guys a have met in the game all the best and onthank as a club for the future.

Did you run them into the ground mate lol, and I mean team not players. Hahaha

8 minutes ago, cadlad said:

If only he left why was there only 6/7 at training and why they struggle to get a team. 

I never said he was the only one who left. I said to my knowledge he was only one who left and went to another club. We had 20/22 signed players at a stage and was only getting 6/7 at training on a good night. So why they weren’t coming you will need to ask them. Am done talking about this. Explained myself on another thread to what happened. But yet another thread starts. All the best to everyone rest of season. Cheers

16 minutes ago, Wiseoldman said:

If only he left why was there only 6/7 at training and why they struggle to get a team. 

6/7 at training is standard for most amateur teams these days. Players don't have same commitment as the coaches and also the days of people working 9 to 5 are long gone so work comes into play. Not uncommon to have 20 players signed but only a quarter actually want too train 

21 minutes ago, CFCbhoy said:

6/7 at training is standard for most amateur teams these days. Players don't have same commitment as the coaches and also the days of people working 9 to 5 are long gone so work comes into play. Not uncommon to have 20 players signed but only a quarter actually want too train 

I agree but is that the reason they struggled for a team on a Saturday ?   Offcourse not they had plenty at training pre season at plenty at games ever Saturday also. at first everyone was happy and everything was going good until Caddis wanted more of a say  the training to hard talk is trash talk as pre season  ( hardest training ) they had plenty of numbers nearly every session and also lots of numbers on a Saturday and no offence Caddis  personally a like you but a lot of boys in that team didn't so in my opinion you are the reason they will struggle for rest of season if the make the season out .

1 minute ago, Wiseoldman said:

I agree but is that the reason they struggled for a team on a Saturday ?   Offcourse not they had plenty at training pre season at plenty at games ever Saturday also. at first everyone was happy and everything was going good until Caddis wanted more of a say  the training to hard talk is trash talk as pre season  ( hardest training ) they had plenty of numbers nearly every session and also lots of numbers on a Saturday and no offence Caddis  personally a like you but a lot of boys in that team didn't so in my opinion you are the reason they will struggle for rest of season if the make the season out .

You are clearly involved with Onthank then otherwise you wouldn't have such a vehement opinion on this and if you aren't then you are just rambling because you couldn't possibly know all about training and stuff 

Again that’s your opinion. When I was at onthank we never struggled to field a team in a sat. As I have said before you don’t always like who you play with but you get on with it. It’s a mans game at the end of the day not playing under 12s anymore. As for wanting more of a say. It was clear from the start what my input was going to be and that didn’t change nor did i ask for more of an input. End of the day it didn’t work out that’s football that’s life. People move on.

10 minutes ago, cadlad said:

Again that’s your opinion. When I was at onthank we never struggled to field a team in a sat. As I have said before you don’t always like who you play with but you get on with it. It’s a mans game at the end of the day not playing under 12s anymore. As for wanting more of a say. It was clear from the start what my input was going to be and that didn’t change nor did i ask for more of an input. End of the day it didn’t work out that’s football that’s life. People move on.

As a said your a nice guy I haven't anything against you just feel you let the boys down when needed you your brother and your friend bell. Also I see you signed with hurlford AFC wish you all the best great signing for them will you turn up against shortlees away? Surely that would be be like throwing a lamb to a lion.

The grief Caddis has got on these threads for someone who has tried to develop and better an amateur club is unbelievable.
There’s a lot of people out there trying to do the same for clubs but because he is known and played at a higher level he gets a doing for it.
His comments always seem to have been honest and open, he’s probably found out how hard it is to run a amateur club.
Draw a line under it and move on ........

9 minutes ago, The Goalie123 said:

The grief Caddis has got on these threads for someone who has tried to develop and better an amateur club is unbelievable.
There’s a lot of people out there trying to do the same for clubs but because he is known and played at a higher level he gets a doing for it.
His comments always seem to have been honest and open, he’s probably found out how hard it is to run a amateur club.
Draw a line under it and move on ........

Got to agree 

3 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

Maybe the boy boax

No I ain't the boy Boax. And a certainly don't appreciate you saying that either silly comments like yours could cause grief between 2 friends as am sure Caddis and boax get on just fine it's not all about naming people it's about opinions a gave my opinion on the reason they have slipped up n fell away and that's that. and ryan had his opinion  guys like yourself could cause trouble between friends. So I will make it clear the boy boax has nothing to do with my opinion.

Archived