Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

11 minutes ago, energyzone said:

You'll know the attendance situation far better than me of course, but a few mitigating factors spring to mind - the horrendous weather this season which saw matches being called off in August elsewhere, which has a knock-on effect. A few times I've not been down because the weather is too bad to bring the kids. The lack of scheduled fixtures, meaning we don't really know when the next home match will be.

The early exit from the Scottish cup didn't help of course. The league run is brilliant but the league fixtures are so irregular that it's hard to maintain a consistent excitement about it.

And what's frustrating about it is that the Abbey Park surface is generally really good and very durable which means that matches could get played there almost every week. Instead the team are kicking their heels and losing that match sharpness.

We’ve invested a fair bit in the surface, and this Saturday, had we been at home, would have been our first Call off this season, 6 home games in the first 7 weeks hasn’t helped at all.

At this point we’d probably join the Isle of Man league if we could get a decent fixtures plan, weather aside, no income based club could operate on 3 full gates, ie home league matches, since the 30th Sept to the 24th March, couldn’t junior clubs nominate a 2nd ground at a 3G pitch, loss of income is an issue but fans getting to see the team regularly might keep an interest in the Juniors 

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1) Adding the Lowland League has helped. Didn't see anyone try and get a pyramid structure going until then. The then SFL clubs put in very minor punishments for finishing bottom of the Third Division. Junior clubs were happy with the token Scottish Cup entry and licencing had just become a thing that allowed them to guarantee entry while staying put in the Junior ranks.
Lowland League comes around. Relegation from the now SPFL became a possibility, Junior clubs would have to sign up for the pyramid system to gain a licence. People actually start addressing the issue of a pyramid system and integrating the grades.
2) The bottom of the SPFL and non-SPFL leagues are subsidised by sfa handouts. All the more reason for the SFA not to go to the Juniors! No real financial gain and smaller payments to existing members. The SJFA want in, they have to go to the SFA. Not the other way round.
3) Movement away from the Lowland League will probably happen. It's just going to be when there are enough WoS & EoS clubs in the pyramid structure of a strong enough standard to force the issue.
A few good points but all i see is the juniors having to accommodate the seniors lol.
Why would the sjfa want to move to the sfa outfit who can't grasp their own system. Ffs you honestly think the LL has been productive? [emoji23] ok

Edinburgh City have brought mediocre to the league setup

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Talbot

Cumnock

Glenafton

Kilwinning

Pollok

Beith

Kilbirnie

Clydebank

East Stirlingshire

Linlithgow

Bo'ness

Bonnyrigg

Kelty

Cowdenbeath

Clyde

East Kilbride

Spartans

Penicuik

Get yer fingers out and we could something like that with strong East and West feeders which would be fantastic. Think a bit longer term rather than whining about "glorified boys clubs" or public park football for a season or once in a blue moon away games at Elgin.

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Could be looking at a Lowland League in 5 years time which contains something along the lines of:

Clydebank

Kelty

East Stirlingshire

Spartans

Cowdenbeath

Clyde

East Kilbride

Gretna

LTHV

That's a decent looking half of the league. If clubs in the Juniors could look further ahead than the end of their noses then it could end up fantastic.

An 18 team league :whistle

I take it we're back in the EoSFL :thumsup2

Nice one Marshy but I don't think the ww committee have plans to be left behind anytime soon :wacko:

23 minutes ago, Harry's Corner said:

A few good points but all i see is the juniors having to accommodate the seniors lol.
Why would the sjfa want to move to the sfa outfit who can't grasp their own system. Ffs you honestly think the LL has been productive? emoji23.png ok

Edinburgh City have brought mediocre to the league setup

You've just contradicted yourself there bud, the LL is productive enough to get Edinburgh City to where they are now. :lol:

Do you actually know anything about Edinburgh City by any chance? 

You've just contradicted yourself there bud, the LL is productive enough to get Edinburgh City to where they are now. [emoji38]
Do you actually know anything about Edinburgh City by any chance? 
Oh ffs it isn't productive my friend. It's a propped up league supported by cascaded cash from the sfa.

Now against Edinburgh City but they have brought nothing new to the spfl and are now just another cog in the quagmire that is Scottish professional football lol.

Now against Edinburgh City but they have brought nothing new to the spfl and are now just another cog in the quagmire that is Scottish professional football lol.

Promoted team plodding around near the lower end of the table shock. What were you expecting?

They are performing better than east Stirlingshire were and Cowdenbeath are, which is why they are a league 2 side, that's kinda how it works.

Promoted team plodding around near the lower end of the table shock. What were you expecting?

They are performing better than east Stirlingshire were and Cowdenbeath are, which is why they are a league 2 side, that's kinda how it works.
plodding exactly.. hardly ambitious..And for that reason.... what is their ambition now? Just season to season waiting on handouts?

1 minute ago, Harry's Corner said:
23 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

plodding exactly.. hardly ambitious..And for that reason.... what is their ambition now? Just season to season waiting on handouts?

And your ambition is for............... 

Play in a competitive league against like for like opponents. Good crowds and banter and the excitement of the occasional trophy success.

Yours?

If you know me you'd know my opinion,  unfortunately it's no gonnae happen anytime in the near future as there doesn't seem much interest (at present) but I'm happy where we're at as there are possibilities of progression upwards (or downwards lol). I'm sure that's what a pyramid is all  aboot. Finding yer level  ;)

Clydebank would be a welcome addition to the pyramid system imo. 

22 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Well they are there on merit.  Though now with Meadowbank gone they are tenants at Spartans and you'd guess within a few years would get replaced in the SPFL by them.

Cove and East Kilbride I'll guess would have the ability to push for promotion if they made it to the SPFL.

If it is to be believed that the East of Scotland are going to be inundated with applications for the coming season be interesting if they will run parallel leagues or a tiered 2 division league.

In time the South of Scotland as a Tier 6 league seems unlikely as it is a Dumfries and Galloway league and for it to become a feeder of a larger West of Scotland league below the Lowland.

Bonnyton Thistle last year, Clydebank this in a few years there'll be enough teams to make up a WoS league when you include the bigger licensed South of Scotland clubs.  

It'll all unraval in the next season or 2 and hopefully progress naturally. 

Might take to this time next year with possibly Kelty top of the Lowland and just knocked out of the Scottish Cup for some of the bigger junior Clubs East and West to take notice.

First Ayrshire Junior team to move to Senior football?  I'd go for Kilbirnie

I'm pretty sure they will be looking to improve next season, kinda like every other team. Success doesn't come overnight.

Play in a competitive league against like for like opponents. Good crowds and banter and the excitement of the occasional trophy success.  

Yours?

League 2 is competitive, clubs are 'like for like' it has average crowds that would be considered incredibly good by junior standards. So your argument basically states hoping to win more minor trophies is more ambitious than competing at a higher level, great logic

Well they are there on merit.  Though now with Meadowbank gone they are tenants at Spartans and you'd guess within a few years would get replaced in the SPFL by them.
Cove and East Kilbride I'll guess would have the ability to push for promotion if they made it to the SPFL.
If it is to be believed that the East of Scotland are going to be inundated with applications for the coming season be interesting if they will run parallel leagues or a tiered 2 division league.
In time the South of Scotland as a Tier 6 league seems unlikely as it is a Dumfries and Galloway league and for it to become a feeder of a larger West of Scotland league below the Lowland.
Bonnyton Thistle last year, Clydebank this in a few years there'll be enough teams to make up a WoS league when you include the bigger licensed South of Scotland clubs.  
It'll all unraval in the next season or 2 and hopefully progress naturally. 
Might take to this time next year with possibly Kelty top of the Lowland and just knocked out of the Scottish Cup for some of the bigger junior Clubs East and West to take notice.
First Ayrshire Junior team to move to Senior football?  I'd go for Kilbirnie

I think Kilbirnie, Largs and Kilwinning would be a really good addition to the pyramid 3 of my favourite Ayrshire teams.

52 minutes ago, Harry's Corner said:

Oh ffs it isn't productive my friend. It's a propped up league supported by cascaded cash from the sfa.

Junior football in a nutshell.

Let's complain about handouts while expecting a handout (The SFA should be coming to us).

Let's complain about all those queue jumpers while not being in the queue (BSC Glasgow,  Edusport, Bonnyton Thistle, Kelty Hearts, Dalkeith Thistle, Clydebank and any other club that has joined or will choose to join a league in the Senior pyramid system).

League 2 is competitive, clubs are 'like for like' it has average crowds that would be considered incredibly good by junior standards. So your argument basically states hoping to win more minor trophies is more ambitious than competing at a higher level, great logic

Well newco bankies haven't improved in the juniors infact you could argue they have got worse.

League 2nis for teams who get there in merit. Bankies have not.

The argument for me is that the sfa and sjfa should resolve this ludicrous situation of the LL and Juniors and look for a way to make it compatible. Both sides need to adjust not just the sjfa.

Then after that the lines of clydebank can work their way up the chain on merit

Junior football in a nutshell.
Let's complain about handouts while expecting a handout (The SFA should be coming to us).
Let's complain about all those queue jumpers while not being in the queue (BSC Glasgow,  Edusport, Bonnyton Thistle, Kelty Hearts, Dalkeith Thistle, Clydebank and any other club that has joined or will choose to join a league in the Senior pyramid system).
SPFL/SFA in a nutshell forget grassroots and pander to big 2 of Glasgow. Do it or way or no way.

No complaints from me. Just eyes open. Most teams jumping ship are doing it for the handouts and you can dress it up all you want but its true

7 minutes ago, Harry's Corner said:

Well newco bankies haven't improved in the juniors infact you could argue they have got worse.

League 2nis for teams who get there in merit. Bankies have not.

The argument for me is that the sfa and sjfa should resolve this ludicrous situation of the LL and Juniors and look for a way to make it compatible. Both sides need to adjust not just the sjfa.

Then after that the lines of clydebank can work their way up the chain on merit

Intrigued to know who your team is...

Archived