Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

I have to admit that I am beginning to lose the will to live on this and will sign off the thread  by stating the following.  We will get nowhere, the astonishing lack of understanding of  West Junior clubs position and the blind views highlighted all too clearly by the preposterous proposition that Kelty and Dalkieth are in the same position joining the EOSL. If you actually think that there is no debate to be had. Not once did anyone come back on my concerns with a constructive response and chose a blanket disregard and to embrace umbrage by proxy at my audacity at suggesting travel, standards and attendances could be an issue. Faux outrage at terminology like mediocre, even though clearly accurate in the context discussed,  with no feasible explanation as to why it was offensive. Platitudes and general disparaging comments about my contribution that actually said nothing and only served as an attempt to save face and appear smart, but never challenging my point or explaining the demeaning allegations. I therefore wish Bankies, as it is their thread, luck on whatever they choose to do. But I do despair at the realisation that it could have all been so much better and sadly, as this thread proves, never will be.  

You simply don’t read the replies of those who engage with you, do you? Either that or you wilfully choose to disregard the content of those replies.

As you say, enough is enough and I share your despair, this thread is no longer what it should be - you have undoubtedly contributed to that sad fact and I fear now so have I. I’m self aware.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

I have to admit that I am beginning to lose the will to live on this and will sign off the thread  by stating the following. 

We will get nowhere, the astonishing lack of understanding of  West Junior clubs position and the blind views highlighted all too clearly by the preposterous proposition that Kelty and Dalkieth are in the same position joining the EOSL. If you actually think that there is no debate to be had. Not once did anyone come back on my concerns with a constructive response and chose a blanket disregard and to embrace umbrage by proxy at my audacity at suggesting travel, standards and attendances could be an issue. Faux outrage at terminology like mediocre, even though clearly accurate in the context discussed,  with no feasible explanation as to why it was offensive. Platitudes and general disparaging comments about my contribution that actually said nothing and only served as an attempt to save face and appear smart, but never challenging my point or explaining the demeaning allegations.

I therefore wish Bankies, as it is their thread, luck on whatever they choose to do. But I do despair at the realisation that it could have all been so much better and sadly, as this thread proves, never will be.

We’re Talbot in favour or against the combined east/west Superleague when it was mooted a number of years ago? 

I have to admit that I am beginning to lose the will to live on this and will sign off the thread  by stating the following. 
We will get nowhere, the astonishing lack of understanding of  West Junior clubs position and the blind views highlighted all too clearly by the preposterous proposition that Kelty and Dalkieth are in the same position joining the EOSL. If you actually think that there is no debate to be had. Not once did anyone come back on my concerns with a constructive response and chose a blanket disregard and to embrace umbrage by proxy at my audacity at suggesting travel, standards and attendances could be an issue. Faux outrage at terminology like mediocre, even though clearly accurate in the context discussed,  with no feasible explanation as to why it was offensive. Platitudes and general disparaging comments about my contribution that actually said nothing and only served as an attempt to save face and appear smart, but never challenging my point or explaining the demeaning allegations.
I therefore wish Bankies, as it is their thread, luck on whatever they choose to do. But I do despair at the realisation that it could have all been so much better and sadly, as this thread proves, never will be.

You live in a different world from the rest of us ????

16 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Your indifference to the position of big west Junior clubs only compounds your ignorance to their situation. 

You're the one who equated moving from one league to another as 'jumping off a cliff', not me. Which presents only two logical conclusions.  If 'big west Junior clubs' are incapable of surviving at a level beneath the Lowland League in the present setup - hence the 'jump off a cliff' statement - then they're clearly not as big or as important as you think that they are.  If they could feasibly play within the present setup - but just don't want to give up competing for some Junior-level baubles in the interim period - then it's not in fact a 'jump off a cliff' but rather a straightforward case of self-interest. Nobody is denying your club the right to a self-interested stance, but the rest of Scottish football can and is quite clearly moving forward without them and without losing any sleep over it either. 

If you think that your huffing and foot-stomping will gain greater influence once a dozen Junior clubs have already left the setup and shunted the remainers further down the pecking order then you're sadly deluded. 

On 3/13/2018 at 21:30, Dipple burn said:

In the eyes of the official, but not on TV evidence and the punters in the studio. Still a great day and another notch in the history of Auchinleck Talbot.

Ah a great day, getting beat and a scoreline that didn't quite reflect that it could have been an absolute trouncing. 

Some notch, which brings us on to... 

On 3/15/2018 at 12:45, Isabel Goudie said:

I would indeed question as to why you would define Talbot as mediocre, given they are the most successful team in Junior Football history, not only would that statement be inaccurate it would be inappropriate and could in that instance be challenged as disrespectful.  Dalkeith are, I'm sure, held in great affection by their fans and their community, very important to them, they have history as an established club. They are however mediocre in terms of success and it is completely appropriate to use such terminology in the context of a debate on them moving to a different grade and what they bring and all that entails. Your self awareness quote is therefore vexatious and an attempt at deflecting the question which you don’t appear able to answer.

Looking at it I'd have Talbot down as the height of mediocrity. I'd certainly be looking at progressive, forward thinking clubs like your Kelty, Clydebank and Dalkeith as being on a higher level. You could well be the most successful club in Junior history having won every cup every year since it's inception and you'd still be mediocre to the vast majority of Football fans in Britain. 

Unlucky. 

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Ah a great day, getting beat and a scoreline that didn't quite reflect that it could have been an absolute trouncing. 

Looking at it I'd have Talbot down as the height of mediocrity. I'd certainly be looking at progressive, forward thinking clubs like your Kelty, Clydebank and Dalkeith as being on a higher level. You could well be the most successful club in Junior history having won every cup every year since it's inception and you'd still be mediocre to the vast majority of Football fans in Britain. 

Unlucky. 

What a statement! 

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Unlucky. 

Nobody is refuting the fact that Hearts pummelled us but what a day it was for the 2000+ Talbot fans. A team fron a village with a 3,500 population playing at Tynecastle against the team that went on to win the cup. Fairytale stuff. By the way thanks for your musing, no doubt Talbot fans will take on the words of wisdom from a Dunfermline fan.

1 minute ago, Dipple burn said:

They allegedly voted to bring back hanging.

Well they seem to want to hang themselves and clubs in the Juniors by pulling down the shutters and pretending nothing is on the other side.  Were fans consulted before they completed the survey?

Apologies but I cant read through 40 pages.

Are Clydebank definitely leaving the Juniors next season?

If they are what does that mean for league reconstruction?

With 63 teams instead of 64 which league will be 1 short?

Thanks

Just now, Goalie Hamish said:

Well they seem to want to hang themselves and clubs in the Juniors by pulling down the shutters and pretending nothing is on the other side.  Were fans consulted before they completed the survey?

The fans were consulted about an East/West Junior Super League and it was the fans who didn't want it. A recent poll on the Talbot Forum showed that 66% of the fans who voted wanted to join a West league affialliated to the pyramid if a viable league was offerered to them. . There was no mention of the pyramid at the  AGM. I do the match programme and run the website, but with your indepth knowledge of our club I would like to welcome you on board.

1 minute ago, Dipple burn said:

The fans were consulted about an East/West Junior Super League and it was the fans who didn't want it. A recent poll on the Talbot Forum showed that 66% of the fans who voted wanted to join a West league affialliated to the pyramid if a viable league was offerered to them. . There was no mention of the pyramid at the  AGM. I do the match programme and run the website, but with your indepth knowledge of our club I would like to welcome you on board.

In which case can you confirm Talbot voted against the pyramid in the survey?

4 minutes ago, the rambler said:

Apologies but I cant read through 40 pages.

Are Clydebank definitely leaving the Juniors next season?

If they are what does that mean for league reconstruction?

With 63 teams instead of 64 which league will be 1 short?

Thanks

1. They've voted to return to the Senior leagues with no time frame discussed. There's a meeting next week which will likely determine what the plan is for next season.

2. Reconstruction of the West Region will go ahead as planned near as anyone can tell. Reconstruction of the Tier 6 of the SFA Pyramid is entirely dependent on which league they look to join. It'll likely be an instigator for a proper WoSFL in the mid to long term.

3. Probably find a way for the West Region League Two to have the 15 clubs in the league. Again, nothing's been decided until its confirmed Clydebank are leaving.

Archived