Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

30 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It’s entirely accurate and not petty, as things stand Clydebank’s ground will be Licenced before Talbot’s which is a pity given how good it is. Agree?

You never said that, you said and I quote "Pity it still wont get you a Licence.   Clydebank's will." None of which you can actually say for certain.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Away for a wee bit but I see Isa is still spouting arrogant and pompous pish.   Aye Beechwood is a very decent ground and so will Holm Park be a decent ground and if the Bankies go down the Pyramid path then Holm Park will be licenced long before Beechwood.  So when Isa pompously crows about splashing cash on their ground he needs to remember that it wont get you in the big Scottish where the money is to help pay for it!

Anyway back to the point, when is the Bankies meeting and what is the feeling for what will happen.  EoS or SoS next season?

My point was that making assumptions about who between these clubs will and will not get a licence is all a bit premature. I have been involved in building and development projects and counting chickens is never a good idea. As for licencing, who knows what might happen with licencing applications regarding who can apply. I only pointed out that Talbot have everything in place, Bankies still have a lot to do. The list of improvements was a response to someone who took counting chickens even further by suggesting Holm Park would eclipse Beechwood. I also wished Bankies good luck in the ground development. What's not to like?

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

The realistic among us would assume that Talbot would walk straight through the SOSL in one season. Its not really a viable excuse reason as to why Talbot don't have a licence, as Kelty have made clear with the correct marketing it shouldn't have any notable impact on the club to be playing at that level. It appears from the outside that the club and the fans are happy to stagnate rather than seeking to grow the club and its potential through the challenge of promotion and relegation.

This isn't really about the SoS league and going through it in a season. Talbot and many others don't want to be in the currently structured Lowland League. If there is to be a pyramid, they want Tier 5 to cover the existing remit of the West juniors. 

The west teams blew out the potential for a Lowland junior league a few seasons back - that wouldn't have required a licence. As far as the west is concerned, the rest of the juniors offers them nothing and you can extend that perspective to non league football in the round. 

In the end they may reap what they sow.

That isn't to say that the west teams are not correct in terms of how a properly constituted non league structure should look. But this is Scotland where football governance is abysmal. 

32 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Anyway back to the point, when is the Bankies meeting and what is the feeling for what will happen.  EoS or SoS next season?

Special General Meeting is currently penciled in for 25 March. Personally I would say EoS is the better option but would also say it is the riskier option, particularly if several East clubs throw in applications also.

2 minutes ago, Bigjimmcalpine said:

Agreed and I think one season in the SOS with further travel and an almost guaranteed passage into the LL could be the better option footballing wise for the bankies , it equates to an amateur league for me in comparison to the EOS league which looks to be going from strength to strength .

Might not be ideal heading down to back and beyond every second week but it's all about getting up to the LL as soon as possible , if you don't get out that EOS league at the first attempt then it's only going to get stronger and stronger with top east junior teams coming on board .

SOS wouldn't necessarily mean an easier route. We would still need to beat the EOS winners in a play off. That is supposing we won the league at the first attempt, which is by no means a guarantee.

I was thinking it a risk more along the lines of our application being knocked back because the EOS is full of teams who are actually in the East.

One thing I would also say is that playing EOS would mean facing stronger teams on a more regular basis, which should improve our team over the long term. For me, the long term view is the only thing I care about.

1 hour ago, Bigjimmcalpine said:

Good point and I actually forgot about the play offs part of things , changes my point entirely as could actually be harder to raise your game to another level if you played off against an EOS team after maybe hammering SOS teams every week , SOS league would be easier to get to a play off and all about the pros and cons and long term future and interesting times ahead .

Resisting the temptation not to post this for fear of offending and being branded anti Bankie but, it is entirely possible to end up stuck in the SOSL for years, I would say any more than two seasons in that division would strangle  Bankies due to travel, poor crowds and poor standards accentuating and affecting  home attendances. They would in this instance wither on the vine. This would also be true in the EOSL.

5 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

two seasons in that division would strangle Bankies due to travel, poor crowds and poor standards accentuating and affecting  home attendances. They would in this instance wither on the vine. This would also be true in the EOSL.

Fairly certain the Kelty lad has blown this piss poor argument oot the water, Isa. Your assumptions about things don't equal fact.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Fairly certain the Kelty lad has blown this piss poor argument oot the water, Isa. Your assumptions about things don't equal fact.

Kelty are in the East and won't have the travel costs, but make no mistake should they not go to the LL quickly it could turn sour. As for assumptions, Kelty are only just in so a lot can happen. BTW what do you think would happen to Bankies should they get stuck in the SOSL?

As far as I’m aware there will be talks on increasing promotion/relegation to LL, seems logical increased places and automatic promotion could be in place for next season to help the pyramid flow.

11 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Kelty are in the East and won't have the travel costs, but make no mistake should they not go to the LL quickly it could turn sour. As for assumptions, Kelty are only just in so a lot can happen. BTW what do you think would happen to Bankies should they get stuck in the SOSL?

Kelty's crowds have increased and they get more through the gates for run of the mill games than they did in the juniors. That's the facts right now. You can argue it's a novelty factor and attendances will drop, Kelty will argue that as they move up through the leagues crowds will increase, but the facts show that your assumption of lower crowds and income is wide of the mark.

What do I think would happen to Bankies if they stay in the SOSL for all eternity? Well I don't for one second think that will happen, but if it does I don't see why they can't sustain themselves at that level, as I've said before they will likely have a bigger following than most in those leagues - and I don't think travelling to games is as financially crippling as you seem to make out. What's the furthest Bankies will need to travel in the SOSL? Annan? That's about 2 hours in a car/bus, it's hardly going from John O'Groats to Lands End. A good deal with a local bus company would have that covered no problem.

3 hours ago, Ross. said:

Special General Meeting is currently penciled in for 25 March. Personally I would say EoS is the better option but would also say it is the riskier option, particularly if several East clubs throw in applications also.

Some actual news! I hadn't heard that a meeting had been scheduled. Going by the timing a move to a Senior league next year seems a good bet.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Kelty's crowds have increased and they get more through the gates for run of the mill games than they did in the juniors. That's the facts right now. You can argue it's a novelty factor and attendances will drop, Kelty will argue that as they move up through the leagues crowds will increase, but the facts show that your assumption of lower crowds and income is wide of the mark.

What do I think would happen to Bankies if they stay in the SOSL for all eternity? Well I don't for one second think that will happen, but if it does I don't see why they can't sustain themselves at that level, as I've said before they will likely have a bigger following than most in those leagues - and I don't think travelling to games is as financially crippling as you seem to make out. What's the furthest Bankies will need to travel in the SOSL? Annan? That's about 2 hours in a car/bus, it's hardly going from John O'Groats to Lands End. A good deal with a local bus company would have that covered no problem.

Kelty get about 150, not a huge crowd. You make the point that this will be the biggest support in that league, kind of makes my point. Yes it’s a novelty and should they not move on quickly their crowd could drop to the same as the rest. As for traveling to Threave or there about every other weekend to watch a much lower grade I can’t see enthusiasm being sustained. But you will never accept that it just might go belly up. 

1 hour ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Also to say joining the SoSL isn't an option is just false. It might not be your preferred option or even a good or reasonable option, but it is 100% an option, and at the moment, seemingly the only option for an Ayrshire junior club to join the pyramid.

I could get up and go to work tomorrow, or I could jump off a cliff, both are options, but one isn’t really, is it?  All this thread is doing is further cementing the divide. To make that statement clearly illustrates you have no understanding of why a club like Talbot could never go down that route. 

If Auchinleck playing in a different league for a spell would be like 'jumping off a cliff' then they're clearly not the behemoths of the non-league game that you often make them out to be. If clubs aren't large and resilient enough to handle playing in a different league then they can stay where they are and the rest of Scottish football will effortlessly move on without them. Nobody is going to be losing sleep about their decision either way. 

9 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Kelty get about 150, not a huge crowd. You make the point that this will be the biggest support in that league, kind of makes my point. Yes it’s a novelty and should they not move on quickly their crowd could drop to the same as the rest. As for traveling to Threave or there about every other weekend to watch a much lower grade I can’t see enthusiasm being sustained. But you will never accept that it just might go belly up. 

Stop talking pi** our average this season is around 250 and its not a novelty. 

56 minutes ago, kefc said:

Stop talking pi** our average this season is around 250 and its not a novelty. 

Was basing it on the game I was at where that was the amount watching easy to count. it is  a novelty as it is a new scene and adventure. You’ll notice I didn’t respond with vitriol or insults, undignified don’t you think? 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

If Auchinleck playing in a different league for a spell would be like 'jumping off a cliff' then they're clearly not the behemoths of the non-league game that you often make them out to be. If clubs aren't large and resilient enough to handle playing in a different league then they can stay where they are and the rest of Scottish football will effortlessly move on without them. Nobody is going to be losing sleep about their decision either way. 

Your indifference to the position of big west Junior clubs only compounds your ignorance to their situation. As I said, the lack of understanding and empathy is stark. My points about the problems with pyramid won’t go away because you have cultivated resentment of Talbot and don’t understand. 

Archived