Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Great post big yin,your right that Clydebank have every right to reclaim their past and seek to find their way back to senior football,i hope they dont get bogged down for several years in the lowland league, which the form theyve shown recently could become reality.Anyway ill remember them providing a cracking junior cup final,with the largest support coming to face Talbot at Rugby Park,at that point i thought Clydebank would go on and become a force in junior football,although it never quite materialised.Best of luck Bankies.

In fairness, following the cup final in 09 we went on gain promotion to the top league and in our first 3 seasons until 2014 we finished 4th, 3rd and 4th which is quite remarkable. I think the cup final gave us the respect within the junior game and allowed us to really build a special team. Naturally that success came at a cost and we've never recovered from losing the spine of the team at the end of the 12/13 season when McKinnon, Berry, McPherson and McIlroy all left for senior clubs. 

Ultimately the team will go through good and bad times, promotion last season looked dead and we turned it round. This season proving to be a difficult step up. 

But the most important thing wherever we play next year, 2 years, 10 years etc is we build the club off the park. The stadium development hasn't started yet and it's early days but I think we could see an exciting time for the Bankies if we get development right over the next 3-4 years. 

Our two highest age groups at 19s and 17s are strong. Our 19s are last years Scottish champions - our 17s joined as a strong div 2 paisley side to one of the strongest in the region. This season already seen one 19s player go full time with the first team and past 2 games had another 2 make the squad.  This will be the true legacy of the club if we can get that right it will go a long way to long term success. Not just based on what league we are in. 

Tbf thats probably more than the vast majority of juniors can get for run of the mill weekend games.

We are talking about the 3rd best league in Scotland two teams fighting for promotion, no other games on in Scotland and they could only attract. 330. If the bankies played pollok midweek i can assure you there would be more than 330 fans there.

7 minutes ago, iceicebaby said:

We are talking about the 3rd best league in Scotland two teams fighting for promotion, no other games on in Scotland and they could only attract. 330. If the bankies played pollok midweek i can assure you there would be more than 330 fans there.

Well the simple answer is to set up a WofS league and get promoted up to League 1

13 minutes ago, iceicebaby said:

Not if they were charging equivalent prices to League One clubs they wouldn't. Which is what allows clubs in the third tier of the national game to have a much higher standard of football than 'enjoyed' in the non-leagues. 

20 minutes ago, iceicebaby said:

There's about 20 minutes travel for Clydebank or Pollock fans going to each others ground, in contrast to Arbroath fans travelling an hour and a half to get to Alloa. As VT points out the price of a match ticket isn't comparable either.  It could easily cost an Arbroath fan £50 to go to Alloa on a Tuesday night with them getting back to their house around midnight, compared to the £5 it would cost a Clydebank/Pollock fan and back in their house 20 minutes after the game finished. It's a stupid comparison.

Unfortunately there's no telling what sort of crowd a March midweek league game (with little at stake as both teams are likely to be 3rd/4th with Stranraer slipping) between Lok and Bankies would get as neither side have floodlights.

What I would say is Lok's midweek crowds are typically very poor.

This season's average in all comps is 556, while the 2 midweek crowds we had at the start of the season in the Sectional were below 300, 245 v Benburb and 285 v Forth (a tie switched to Newlandsfield). The crowd I have for the switched 'home' game at New Western park v Renfrew in SLC semi was 245.

Last season there was a better one in the Central League Cup semi v Petershill at the end of May, 569 but only 310 watched the QF v Blantyre. 4 days earlier, on the Saturday, nearly 600 showed up for the West semi v Kilsyth. The other midweeks last year were 450 for a Mon night v KRR in the League (670 on the previous Sat v St Roch's in West QF) and 250 v Neilston in the Sectional.

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

There's about 20 minutes travel for Clydebank or Pollock fans going to each others ground, in contrast to Arbroath fans travelling an hour and a half to get to Alloa. As VT points out the price of a match ticket isn't comparable either.  It could easily cost an Arbroath fan £50 to go to Alloa on a Tuesday night with them getting back to their house around midnight, compared to the £5 it would cost a Clydebank/Pollock fan and back in their house 20 minutes after the game finished. It's a stupid comparison.

In fairness 3 national leagues is enough for a country the size of ours. Could argue 2 really based on the fact very few below tier 2 are full time.  I'd probably regionalise it after that and reducing the cost of tickets really should be priority as well given the product.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

The crowd I have for the switched 'home' game at New Western park v Renfrew in SLC semi was 245.

As someone who attended that game as a neutral i'm surprised there was only 245 punters there. Then again i payed to get in. Be interesting to know how many SJFA passes showed up at the gate.

While I haven't read all the posts I think this is a great debate about an issue which is going to grow in importance. I just wish there was a willingness in the SJFA to look outside their own wee bubble and come up with some forward thinking  to stop the drip drip effect of teams joining the pyramid system.

After all we play the same rules in the Juniors as any other set up so why not amalgamate, affiliate or whatever it takes to get the Juniors into the system where there is a goal of moving through the pyramid?

With no disrespect  to Clydebank I only think the SJFA will see this if bigger, longer established and more successful clubs talk about moving.

Anyway good luck to the "noisy neighbours" whatever they do next season.

I'm sure if Alloa were playing a side a lot closer to them they would have a bigger crowd. Your argument is flawed.

13 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

On the kelty thread I believe they get decent crowds considering they are EOSL will bankies stand to gain more fans by making the switch? I have no idea of crowd numbers I just asking from guys who know the level more.

Hard to say. Our crowds have stagnated a bit in the last few years, for various reasons. We are capable of anything from 250-1000 in the league depending on the opposition and how things are going on the park. I'd hope that if we move senior it will get some of the initial enthusiasm back, especially when the work at Holm Park is completed. I'd be disappointed if we averaged less than 500.

3 hours ago, Ross. said:

Hard to say. Our crowds have stagnated a bit in the last few years, for various reasons. We are capable of anything from 250-1000 in the league depending on the opposition and how things are going on the park. I'd hope that if we move senior it will get some of the initial enthusiasm back, especially when the work at Holm Park is completed. I'd be disappointed if we averaged less than 500.

But at least your team will be an asset to the senior leagues. Edu academy is all well and good but when they have no fan base teams must be annoyed when their is no income From them. I would imagine there would be a few teams rubbing their hands at the prospect of decent home and away crowds when yourselves are involved if your numbers are what you say. 

12 hours ago, Footylife95 said:
On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 14:46, Harry said:
Me myself and newco emoji16.png

My friend, without knowing you or indeed anything about you personally (thank god) you strike me as an extremely unhappy individual. the cause of this is unknown to me, perhaps a girl from Clydebank broke your heart? hence the pathetic bitterness you have towards the football club within the town? Who knows. There's also the very high possibility of jealousy, insecurity, self hatred, and/or the unhealthy obsession you clearly have for attention on footy discussion forums or indeed any other form of social communication. As I've said, who knows. It's sad though, genuinely hope you overcome these demons pal. With all that said, your nonsense posts can't be excused. Clydebank aren't exactly a new club.. same name, same badge, same kit, same colours, the same professional football history and the same supporters. Anyone with a decent bit of knowledge on Scottish football knows this. Also, considering they have a professional past it would mean they already have a more successful history than your pub club talbot. You are embarrassing yourself, please stop. Not for me, or anyone else on here, but for you mate. You'll feel much better. It's amazing the moderators haven't banned you yet to be quite honest. 

Interesting that you write a derogatory post criticising someone for indulging in unfounded and unfair criticism, you even go as far as dabbling in cod psychology, then do exactly the same thing yourself, way to go brother, way to go.

Incidentally, if Clydebank are to have any chance of realising their ambitions, it might not do them any harm to have a look at Talbot as a model of a professional part time club, after all it did go belly up for them first time round, did it not? 

Archived