Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Harry's Corner said:

Germany work on a regional league basis outside their big leagues and it hasn't affected them. SFA couldn't understand that at the time and created an absolute eff up.

If they had a LL East and LL West then maybe we would have been a better solution and better standard.
Who wants to travel to selkirk and hawick when we have healthy great derbies against local sides of a very good standard and a very good league set up in place?

There is absolutely no reasonable basis for comparison with Germany. Even comparing our game to England is stretching it. The German set up in particular is light years away from anything that has been seriously proposed in Scotland. Though if you really want to use them as a basis for comparison, the 4th level of the game there still means some teams travel upwards of 3 hours each way to away games despite being heavily regionalised, the 5th level and below consists at points of teams that are little more than glorified neighbourhood selects and the top teams have 2nd, 3rd and in some case 4th teams potted around at various levels.

What we have in Scotland is miles from perfect. What is being proposed is still miles from perfect. It is however, a step in the right direction and something that should evolve over time. Your comments about Selkirk and Hawick are particularly arrogant, and also illogical because it the standard in the juniors is that good, it wouldn't take long for the teams you watch to move up a level or two and replace those you talk down.

10 hours ago, Harry's Corner said:

Germany work on a regional league basis outside their big leagues and it hasn't affected them. SFA couldn't understand that at the time and created an absolute eff up.

If they had a LL East and LL West then maybe we would have been a better solution and better standard.
Who wants to travel to selkirk and hawick when we have healthy great derbies against local sides of a very good standard and a very good league set up in place?

Germany have their top sides B teams playing in those regional leagues. You happy playing Rangers/Celtic U20s in noncompetitive league matches? As Ross points out, it's a ridiculous comparison to make for many reasons.

9 hours ago, Harry's Corner said:

I think you'll find the odd one off game is hardly a marker for the state and quality of their game. Smaller teams will always up their game to play bigger teams. emoji108.png

:lol:

Brilliant.

[emoji38]

Brilliant.

And yet you're on here supporting a ridiculous move based on self financial gain.

Germany has the correct model moonboy that's why you can go to one of their top games and pay peanuts to watch it. They worked it out through all the factors coming together and using a common sense approach. Here no one wants to work together it's all about self an keyboard warriors like yourself trying to get the the voice heard lol.

12 hours ago, Dipple burn said:

This thread has blown a wee bit off course due to the pro and anti pyramiders that have hijacked it. I take my hat off to Clydebank due to their push to get back into the seniors where they have a big part of their history. Its a brave decision but its theirs and theirs alone. If Talbot by some streak of bad luck dropped to the amateurs then I think our supporters would be doing our darnest to get back to Junior level. Best of luck to them if they make the jump. 

Great post big yin,your right that Clydebank have every right to reclaim their past and seek to find their way back to senior football,i hope they dont get bogged down for several years in the lowland league, which the form theyve shown recently could become reality.Anyway ill remember them providing a cracking junior cup final,with the largest support coming to face Talbot at Rugby Park,at that point i thought Clydebank would go on and become a force in junior football,although it never quite materialised.Best of luck Bankies.

5 hours ago, iceicebaby said:

Alloa vs Arbroath 3rd and 4th in league one last night. Attendance-334. Says it all.

Really? What exactly does it say?  It's their second lowest attendance of the season (lowest also midweek against Arbroath). 

All it says is that midweek fixtures attract lower attendances than on a Saturday. This is not unique. 

I recall that in 2010 after we won the Junior Cup we had to play three games a week for weeks on end. On one Monday evening, 70 people paid to get in against Kelty. 

Do you think that says it all about Linlithgow and the level they play at?  It says it all about the lack of fixture lists, facilities and organisation in the juniors. I've had a look at Alloa's attendances and they're clearly decent enough for the club to survive and thrive at their level. 

You'll need to spare me any comments about them making up the numbers - every club in Scotland is doing that for Celtic and somewhere in the region of 140 - 150 clubs in junior football are making up the numbers. Except that they're not of course. They're a means of supporting football in their communities. 

Clydebank are well capable of making their minds up about whether to join Alloa's league structure or staying in  this space.

Alloa vs Arbroath 3rd and 4th in league one last night. Attendance-334. Says it all.
That we had by far our lowest league attendance of the season, but our average of over 600 is one that most Junior clubs can only dream of? Having said that I do think that our attendances this season are a bit disappointing.

Incidentally the Arbroath average attendance of almost 800 is very impressive.

3 minutes ago, Harry's Corner said:

Germany has the correct model moonboy that's why you can go to one of their top games and pay peanuts to watch it. They worked it out through all the factors coming together and using a common sense approach. Here no one wants to work together it's all about self an keyboard warriors like yourself trying to get the the voice heard lol.

I don't think you've got a fucking clue what you're talking about. Germany can offer their top matches for peanuts because of many factors which aren't in play in Scotland. The first being that they have a population of 82 million people and roughly 1.3 million of them attend matches every season - whilst Scottish clubs do have good attendances relatively speaking it doesn't take a mathematician to understand that Germany have scope for lower prices right off the bat. Given that Germany has 1.3 million people attending games and some of the biggest clubs in the world, this allows their FA to negotiate bumper TV and sponsorship deals which is distributed to the clubs, this again allows them to lower prices for fans because they get the bulk of their income from other sources. Germany also split the gate money between home and away teams (not just in cup matches like we do here). If you can point out how we go about increasing the population of Scotland to 82 million then I'm all ears. I accept that we could probably negotiate a better TV deal and that we could split the gate money between the teams playing, but I suspect some of the big boys will not like that (perhaps even Talbot wouldn't fancy that?).

Feel free to counter any of the points I've made above rather than calling me P&B spokesman/wind up merchant/keyboard warrior.

Tbf thats probably more than the vast majority of juniors can get for run of the mill weekend games.

27 minutes ago, Harry's Corner said:

Aside from Moonsters points, I feel I should point out that it's just as possible to pay a small fortune to watch German games as it is to pay peanuts. Dortmund might sell tickets in the standing section for 15 euros but they are part subsidised by tickets elsewhere in the ground which cost anything from 40 to 80 euros. Average home tickets are probably on a par with SPL prices, though away fans tend to be charged towards the lower end of the pricing scale.

1 minute ago, JakeSAFC said:

Tbf thats probably more than the vast majority of juniors can get for run of the mill weekend games.

I think it says enough that they can put a game on at that time, in midweek, in March, especially with the current weather conditions. Not many teams in the juniors could dream of it.

I don't think you've got a fucking clue what you're talking about. Germany can offer their top matches for peanuts because of many factors which aren't in play in Scotland. The first being that they have a population of 82 million people and roughly 1.3 million of them attend matches every season - whilst Scottish clubs do have good attendances relatively speaking it doesn't take a mathematician to understand that Germany have scope for lower prices right off the bat. Given that Germany has 1.3 million people attending games and some of the biggest clubs in the world, this allows their FA to negotiate bumper TV and sponsorship deals which is distributed to the clubs, this again allows them to lower prices for fans because they get the bulk of their income from other sources. Germany also split the gate money between home and away teams (not just in cup matches like we do here). If you can point out how we go about increasing the population of Scotland to 82 million then I'm all ears. I accept that we could probably negotiate a better TV deal and that we could split the gate money between the teams playing, but I suspect some of the big boys will not like that (perhaps even Talbot wouldn't fancy that?).

Feel free to counter any of the points I've made above rather than calling me P&B spokesman/wind up merchant/keyboard warrior.

Scotland has the highest ratio to population who follow football send using simple economics to adjust accordingly to have a better product. That simple paragraph just ended all that dross you typed. Idiots like you have to type up big boring paragraphs to sound to important

Just now, Harry's Corner said:

Scotland has the highest ratio to population who follow football send using simple economics to adjust accordingly you have a better product. That simple paragraph just ended all that dross you typed. Idiots like you have to type up big boring paragraphs to sound to important

lol wut, trying to sound important? I'm having a debate on a fucking Scottish junior football forum, how important do I need to be?

I know Scotland have the highest percentage of the population who follow football in Europe, but we don't have 1.3 million people going to matches, we have probably about a third of that, possibly a bit more (I can't find figures just now). Germany's top two leagues both have far higher average attendances than our top league. More people = more money. Do you care to comment on how the differences in TV/Sponsorship allow Germany to subsidise ticket prices? Or the fact that they split the gate money? Or do you wish to continue calling me names rather than addressing the points made?

lol wut, trying to sound important? I'm having a debate on a fucking Scottish junior football forum, how important do I need to be?
I know Scotland have the highest percentage of the population who follow football in Europe, but we don't have 1.3 million people going to matches, we have probably about a third of that, possibly a bit more (I can't find figures just now). Germany's top two leagues both have far higher average attendances than our top league. More people = more money. Do you care to comment on how the differences in TV/Sponsorship allow Germany to subsidise ticket prices? Or the fact that they split the gate money? Or do you wish to continue calling me names rather than addressing the points made?
Moonboy why are you triyng to be all intelligent now. Flashback to about 20 posts and you were winding posters up. Stop this lengthy paragraph crap as you're not intelligent enough to pull it off

1 minute ago, Harry's Corner said:

Moonboy why are you triyng to be all intelligent now. Flashback to about 20 posts and you were winding posters up. Stop this lengthy paragraph crap as you're not intelligent enough to pull it off

Accepting defeat then. Cool. Cheerio.

39 minutes ago, Jeek said:

I take it the mods just leave the juniors bit alone then?

Apparently. Probably best to bring all the GN stuff that's on the cusp of illegal into here. Nobody gives a f**k. You can deploy full rocket mode no bother. 

Archived