Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

27 minutes ago, virginton said:

No, it still functions as a pyramid structure. East Stirlingshire were relegated from the national setup and have found their rightful place in a regional league. If the standard of the LL was as poor as some on this forum would suggest, then they'd have stomped their way back into the national league by now. They haven't and won't; therefore the pyramid structure is functioning entirely as intended. 

No amount of harrumphing and foot-stomping by Junior teams on the sidelines is going to change those facts.  Nor will it stave off the steady trickle of clubs with ambition to play at a higher level of the game abandoning your rudderless ship. 

The reason why it is not actually a pyramid is because the number of clubs should increase as you go down the levels. There should be more clubs at L6 than at L5 etc... What we do have is an inverted anvil. Our biggest national division is at the top - unlike in most pyramid systems. Our first regional tier has an uneven number of teams, unlike most pyramid systems. Our 2nd regional tier does not cover the whole country and contains less clubs than the one above it. Most true pyramid systems allow access to all clubs, unlike ours. Most true pyramid systems have the smallest clubs in the country at the bottom, unlike ours.

Whatever you say about the Scottish League structure, it is a mess and will remain a mess so long as apologist morons (such as yourself while you're gracing us with your presence, you utter clown) keep telling us it is 'functioning as it is intended'.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

There ye go again ffs we aw know yer views Isa. 

Just let the Clydebank lads get on wi it. There's nothing official aboot it yet anyway or have I missed something in the 25 feckn pages!! 

Aye, and you could say the same about the point I responded to. "It's a pyramid coz it's here", "you can choose to stay if you want", "your loss", blah blah. Sorry, but if I have went on about this it hasn't sunk in! 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

It quite clearly does function as a pyramid, as promotion and relegation now operate between the national and the regional setups (subject to club licencing requirements). Whether your closed shop is part of that pyramid system or not is irrelevant to that fact. 

There is no reasonable route for most teams in the West, and none what so ever for teams in the north so it does not comply with the definition of a pyramid leagued structure. I will therefore refer it to "so called" because folk like you call it a pyramid, and folk like me refute it as such. So whether you think it is or I think it's not, the term "so called" is correct in this context.

4 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Aye, and you could say the same about the point I responded to. "It's a pyramid coz it's here", "you can choose to stay if you want", "your loss", blah blah. Sorry, but if I have went on about this it hasn't sunk in! 

Is there anything official from Clydebank yet?

Have they actually resigned from the SJFA? 

I ask 2 questions, ffs reason being the op asked if Clydebank were groundsharing wi Renfrew next season, who would believe its taken up to 25 pages of utter dross aboot a pyramid system that has been done to death on here?

Is there anything official from Clydebank yet?
Have they actually resigned from the SJFA? 
I ask 2 questions, ffs reason being the op asked if Clydebank were groundsharing wi Renfrew next season, who would believe its taken up to 25 pages of utter dross aboot a pyramid system that has been done to death on here?

I answered that point by saying Renfrew have too many youth teams etc to make that groundshare feasible.
No they havent resigned yet, I believe their press release said they’d have a meeting of trust members to decide the next steps.

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

The reason why it is not actually a pyramid is because the number of clubs should increase as you go down the levels. There should be more clubs at L6 than at L5 etc... What we do have is an inverted anvil. Our biggest national division is at the top - unlike in most pyramid systems. Our first regional tier has an uneven number of teams, unlike most pyramid systems. Our 2nd regional tier does not cover the whole country and contains less clubs than the one above it. Most true pyramid systems allow access to all clubs, unlike ours. Most true pyramid systems have the smallest clubs in the country at the bottom, unlike ours.

Whatever you say about the Scottish League structure, it is a mess and will remain a mess so long as apologist morons (such as yourself while you're gracing us with your presence, you utter clown) keep telling us it is 'functioning as it is intended'.

Erm no, the 'pyramid' aspect of the setup has absolutely nothing to do with the number of clubs per level it refers to the number of regional leagues expanding as you go down the tiers. Which in Scotland it quite clearly does: 1-1-1-1-2-2, with scope for expansion to three league at the bottom with the North Caledonian over time. With promotion and relegation taking place between all of these levels. That is a functioning pyramid system. The idea that is not working because there are twelve teams in the top flight or any of your other laundry list of pathetic whines is utterly ludicrous.

1 hour ago, Isabel Goudie said:

There is no reasonable route for most teams in the West, and none what so ever for teams in the north so it does not comply with the definition of a pyramid leagued structure. I will therefore refer it to "so called" because folk like you call it a pyramid, and folk like me refute it as such. So whether you think it is or I think it's not, the term "so called" is correct in this context.

Clydebank evidently disagree and so did Kelty from the eastern section of the same setup. Your refutation of the pyramid setup in this context is like saying that "2+2 is 'apparently' 4", because you don't know what the correct answer is. It is 4 and it is a pyramid system though, so take your embittered scare quotes and get back in your box. 

22 minutes ago, virginton said:

Which in Scotland it quite clearly does: 1-1-1-1-2-2, with scope for expansion to three league at the bottom with the North Caledonian over time.

The North is an issue that's just being completely ignored. The recent survey that the SJFA sent round didn't include the North Region as a discussion point and I think the North Caledonian is more comfortable staying apart from the pyramid due to the travel issues.

EDIT: It's more likely that a 2 Division Highland League will have to be created than adding an existing league at Tier 6.

7 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

This resulted in a pyramid system hastily constructed and dumbed down so much regarding criteria that clubs who are not appropriate got access. 

Isa, just ootae interest, what was dumbed down and how would you dumb it back up again? Doesnae seem to square with the general moans about £100k toilets etc.

3 hours ago, Isabel Goudie said:

The point that seems to be missed here is that if Talbot want to stay at the level they are at then that's absolutely fine. Like a few have said, had the juniors been more pro active and linked to the pyramid earlier, then none of this would be discussed. 

If Talbot won the west league but didn't want to go lowland league fine. Then it's the next licensed club that goes up. That's how a pyramid works. Allows ambitious clubs to progress and ones that feel they are happy where they are to do likewise.

The fact is it's farcical the pyramid structure doesn't have a west league. And the route to senior football still has far too much self preservation. 

This no access to the pyramid via the north is absolute pish.

Once again the highland league, which yes is the bottom of the pyramid in the north, is open to applications from any team in it's geographical area.

No matter what anyone says, there is no evidence it is a closed shop.

That is identical to the Eos league.

The point that seems to be missed here is that if Talbot want to stay at the level they are at then that's absolutely fine. Like a few have said, had the juniors been more pro active and linked to the pyramid earlier, then none of this would be discussed. 
If Talbot won the west league but didn't want to go lowland league fine. Then it's the next licensed club that goes up. That's how a pyramid works. Allows ambitious clubs to progress and ones that feel they are happy where they are to do likewise.
The fact is it's farcical the pyramid structure doesn't have a west league. And the route to senior football still has far too much self preservation. 
They didn't go to the LL because like the all the other west teams it isnt financially feasible. Merger of the West and East Juniors is a way better standard than LL. Ffs same old ground brought up by new clowns on the block. Argument done to death

15 minutes ago, Harry's Corner said:
55 minutes ago, BTID said:

They didn't go to the LL because like the all the other west teams it isnt financially feasible. Merger of the West and East Juniors is a way better standard than LL. Ffs same old ground brought up by new clowns on the block. Argument done to death

Maybe the juniors should have been pro active and created their own lowland super league years ago then!!!

21 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Would the money be diluted if more clubs joined the set up?

This year 89 licensed clubs received a share of the SFA profit. The majority at 'entry' level received £12k, those at higher grades (silver / bronze etc) received more. For the purpose of illustration it was a flat £12k and another 11 clubs were licensed, the share would have been 'diluted' a bit to £10k each.  If there were 200 licensed clubs in total (likely?) the payment would have been £5k, and so on.  

Scottish Cup prize money for each round depends on sponsorship, so it could go down or up.

Fundamentally it should be in every club's interests to promote and improve the game at all levels because ultimately the more profitable the Association is, the more can be shared among its members at the end of the year.

Last year the Scotland Women's team did well and their success generated money for everyone - the game is growing and improving every year.  If our elite clubs compete better in Europe and improve the co-efficient that will also help.  The biggest boost would be if Scotland were to reach the finals of an international tournament... look up what it's done for Northern Ireland and Iceland for example - That cash gets reinvested back into football, and everyone gains from it.  

If all the clubs are properly aligned to the pyramid it should make each level more attractive to sponsorship - at the moment the prize money is good because the league and cups have attracted decent sponsorship and TV deals - If more strong clubs end up in it, for example Pollok, Auchinleck, Linlithgow and Bonnyrigg, you could reasonably expect  prize money to increase in tandem with new competition and raised profile of the league, so you could argue that more access could be negotiated for entry into the Irn Bru and Betfred cups.

There is no conspiracy to exclude anyone or limit the number of licensed clubs - the door is open.

All this to gain, at what cost?  The big gates for the bigger junior clubs no longer playing each other?  So get together, and keep those fixtures alive - In the East this is quite straightforward, in the West, there's a bit more to do.

The best way to enjoy the success of the pyramid and influence how it is evolves in the years to come is by joining it. 

27 minutes ago, Harry's Corner said:

Financial feasibility and playing standard are not the same thing. LL for most sides would be probably better financially than an East/West merger. The standard might be higher in the junior league but there would be a lot less money.

20 minutes ago, BTID said:

Maybe the juniors should have been pro active and created their own lowland super league years ago then!!!

That also got fucked into the fire by Ayrshire. 

Archived