Bankies nxt season

combineharvester

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If East Kilbride can be a member of the EoS FA, there is no obvious reason why other Glasgow area teams can't be as well:

http://eosfl.com/content.php?pg=clubdir&pd=1040

I remember when I found out that the likes of Annan, Dalbeattie and Threave have had their 1st teams in the EoSFL instead of the SoSFL. Then Gretna 2008 opted for the EoSFL when they started up. Highlighted to me that the idea of travel and geography isn't as big an issue as some make it out to be, although its not ideal.

1 minute ago, TOI.BOY said:

Just one question don’t Clydebank need a park of there own to play on before they contemplate any such move

Groundshare is acceptable as far as I am aware. Unless Yoker take the advice of some and kick us out just to spite us.

What's with the 'we allowed them to come in to the juniors' nonsense. At the time I remember it getting a bit of media coverage, they probably did more for the grade than the grade did for them.

"Growth lies in the seniors"jeez where do you start? The fact that the seniors in this instance is of a standard slightly higher than Sunday morning football, but this in our strange wee country is regarded as a senior grade. The fact that Bankies will win most of their games, the reality is that despite the senior title they will be stepping down a considerable amount in level, so what if they start winning? Travel expenses will be increased to go to games with no attendance worth quoting, home games with no away support. But, I hear the counter, one season and in the LL, great and then what? It is no surprise that Clydebank are looking in this direction, they have hankered for a return to their perceived rightful place ever since they jioned the Juniors. But like Dalkieth they are mediocre, and yet think that they can rise to glory in a pyramid populated by fabricated clubs with no support, driven by over ambitious clubs from EOS. Clydebank were born again and welcomed into Junior football, but never maintained any heights and now want to take another route. Like finding the going on the motorway too busy and diverting to an inferior road in the hope it will be quicker. We all know how that usually turns out. Good luck Clydebank , I think you'll need it. 

Spot on.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ah I thought you were referring to something else.

I try not to broadcast unsubstantiated rumours in public forums, even if they have been circulating in several different circles...

I'll miss the Bankies. We had one of the best Junior Finals of recent times when we met in 2009. They always travel well in numbers, and I've met some really decent folk over the last few years who support their team.

Having spoken to a number of them in the past I know the feeling of wanting to get back into the SFL isn't spread throughout the support. Forget about progression for a moment, and look at why clubs like the Bankies have little problem in coming to such a decision? Terrible administration, who listen to nobody, can't get fixtures out historically from one week to the next. When they do put them out in advance you find some teams have either 6 or 7 homes games or away games on the bounce. There's nothing at Junior level that says "we need clubs like Clydebank, and here's what we're going to do to help them" because there's NOTHING like that.

That said, I reckon I'd still fancy a weekend trip to the likes of Renfrew of Kilsyth than Elgin or Peterhead (if they realsie their ambition in getting back into the SFL) come January / February

"Growth lies in the seniors"jeez where do you start? The fact that the seniors in this instance is of a standard slightly higher than Sunday morning football, but this in our strange wee country is regarded as a senior grade. The fact that Bankies will win most of their games, the reality is that despite the senior title they will be stepping down a considerable amount in level, so what if they start winning? Travel expenses will be increased to go to games with no attendance worth quoting, home games with no away support. But, I hear the counter, one season and in the LL, great and then what? It is no surprise that Clydebank are looking in this direction, they have hankered for a return to their perceived rightful place ever since they jioned the Juniors. But like Dalkieth they are mediocre, and yet think that they can rise to glory in a pyramid populated by fabricated clubs with no support, driven by over ambitious clubs from EOS. Clydebank were born again and welcomed into Junior football, but never maintained any heights and now want to take another route. Like finding the going on the motorway too busy and diverting to an inferior road in the hope it will be quicker. We all know how that usually turns out. Good luck Clydebank , I think you'll need it. 

Its good that you’re not bitter about it. If Clydebank were of such little concern to you and you’re soooo not bothered why froth over it like this? Looking to the sky from Fenwick moor I can see the steam rising.

Its good that you’re not bitter about it. If Clydebank were of such little concern to you and you’re soooo not bothered why froth over it like this? Looking to the sky from Fenwick moor I can see the steam rising.

That might have been me, sorry about that. I was bursting.

As a Dumbarton fan I'd love to see Clydebank back in the senior set up. A real derby to look forward to. A big problem would be the pricing. As I understand, Clydebank get a really decent crowd. Would they still get that crowd coming if they have to pay senior prices? I really hope it works out for the bankies. 

12 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

As I said my issue is teams moving to a perceived higher level through choice rather than qualification etc.

Teams are taking control of something that should be led by SFA and as such it's not about the football

Truth is, the Bankies could have won the West Premier and the Junior Cup ten years solid and would be no nearer the SPFL set-up as there is no route to it through qualification from the Juniors...the flaw in the (seriously flawed) pyramid system. 

The "senior" game  did take the lead in the pyramid fiasco, but the Juniors didn't want to know; you can hardly blame the SFA for that, unless you are suggesting that they should make moves to disband the Juniors (if they could) and force merger. 

So, we have the situation where glorified boys clubs, as someone put it, are a baw hair away from jousting with Cowden and Clyde and can be so by simply applying.

13 minutes ago, the snudge said:

As a Dumbarton fan I'd love to see Clydebank back in the senior set up. A real derby to look forward to. A big problem would be the pricing. As I understand, Clydebank get a really decent crowd. Would they still get that crowd coming if they have to pay senior prices? I really hope it works out for the bankies. 

I don't think the crowds would drop off. Most of the guys who are involved and attend regularly were the same folk who were there when they were senior. The only difference now is that they spend that extra money in the local pubs...

Archived