Peterhead v Clyde

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, 4th.

Still plenty opportunity for it if we make, ahem, radical changes like playing players in the proper positions. I don't think people quite grasp the quality we have; if we only could stop handicapping it with ridiculous picks at the back, we'd be favourites in every game until the end of the season.

I see Ouzy See is with Berwick, by the way; scoring too. And El Alagui's getting goals for Edinburgh.

Where's Kipre? Still crocked. We could really do with a big man beside Goodie, even if just for 30 minutes when we're not getting anywhere.

Anyway. Up e' road noo.

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Fisher said:

Since the original postponement, Peterhead win this evening never in doubt guys....let's be honest with ourselves. A Clyde victory would have been a real shock.

Since the origional postponment we’ve already beaten Peterhead.

Well we finally manage to get top of the pile. Apart from being cold conditions were ok for the game & the problem really was there was apart from the forecast no reason for the game being called off. Respect to the Clyde supporters that were up have been in that position a few times myself so know the effort it takes & hope everyone gets home safe & sound. First half thought we played ok & scored a couple well taken goals the second in particular a great hit. We did switch off a few times at the back & were probably fortunate to get away without conceding.  Into the second half again we had a decent spell but as we have done a lot lately backed off & backed off & gave away a poor goal which made things harder than they should have been. Glad to see big Russell starting to believe in himself &  again Norris showed up well again, the midfield did better tonight & although not too bad the defence really need to make clean sheets their priority  as we keep putting ourselves under pressure through switching off at times.

Guest TOPFITTER

Given the conditions a decent game and ref. Impressed Jim McInally was out with the groundstaff clearing the pitch says a lot for the man. Clyde are a much improved side since earlier in the season and Peterhead might just be getting some form back. You always know Goodwillie will produce and he should have had more than one, that said the Blue Toons dominance 1st 25 minutes should have seen the game killed off and yet Clyde could have been 2-0 up, strange game this football. All 3 goals decent and for me Robertson, Gibson, Ferry, Norris, McLean, Fleming and Stevenson were above average for Peterhead.

Little did I think just how bad the weather for travelling would become, 4.5 hours Dumfries to Balmoor was not too shabby but the 6 (SIX) hour return was definitely preparation for the Icelandic Rally with some "Bum Twitching" moments and (2) 24 hour MacDonalds and a Burger King being closed meant some hungry travellers back to Dumfries and Galloway !!!

Well it's been an arduous journey back home and to the TOP OF THE LEAGUE for Peterhead FC, is that where they'll finish or will there be further heartache to be meted out to the Balmoor Faithful ???

As an aside Broxden Services trying hard to equal the stench of the Gents at Stirling Services, anyone come across any worse ???

Given the conditions a decent game and ref. Impressed Jim McInally was out with the groundstaff clearing the pitch says a lot for the man. Clyde are a much improved side since earlier in the season and Peterhead might just be getting some form back. You always know Goodwillie will produce and he should have had more than one, that said the Blue Toons dominance 1st 25 minutes should have seen the game killed off and yet Clyde could have been 2-0 up, strange game this football. All 3 goals decent and for me Robertson, Gibson, Ferry, Norris, McLean, Fleming and Stevenson were above average for Peterhead.
Little did I think just how bad the weather for travelling would become, 4.5 hours Dumfries to Balmoor was not too shabby but the 6 (SIX) hour return was definitely preparation for the Icelandic Rally with some "Bum Twitching" moments and (2) 24 hour MacDonalds and a Burger King being closed meant some hungry travellers back to Dumfries and Galloway !!!
Well it's been an arduous journey back home and to the TOP OF THE LEAGUE for Peterhead FC, is that where they'll finish or will there be further heartache to be meted out to the Balmoor Faithful ???

As an aside Broxden Services trying hard to equal the stench of the Gents at Stirling Services, anyone come across any worse ???
The broch

29 minutes ago, doulikefish said:
2 hours ago, TOPFITTER said:

The broch

Just to clarify, doulikefish isn't speaking about toilets just The Broch in general. :P

14 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Thank f**k for that, away home for a heat. Gibson getting MOTM as per usual, he was fairly quiet tonight I thought, I'd have given it to big Rusty. Fair play to the Clyde fans that made it tonight.

Was a surprise to me and those around me that Gibson got man of the match. That's a few recent games I've watched him consistently deliver poor balls and get caught in possession. I think his temperament is questionable for one of the senior players. When he loses the ball he immediately turns on the others and blames them. 

Credit to both sides and the travelling support. The freezing conditions were not pleasant to sit in and I cannot imagine what it must have been like to play in that. Talk around Balmoor last night was that Saturday's match is already postponed.

A good win for us and I thought it was actually a pretty decent performance from us. 2 good goals and enough chances to score a couple more if not for some good defending, some good saves from Fleming as well to keep it at 2-0 at half time. I was really impressed with Norris and Robertson who I thought were stand outs, Gibson was OK in the first half but his free kicks and corners in the second were really poor. We don't have any highlights up yet but here is a picture from the night to show you the conditions:

28468364_10211794667081714_3248028139043996334_n.jpg

Archived