Scottish cup weekend predictions

owenzy

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And the Bridgey just keep on coming written off every round on this forum yet we are in the last four fucking class 

Well done today... were under the cosh for much of the 2nd half but defence were superb and at other end you took chances. Got as good a chance as anyone now

Very good game today, great advert for amateur football. 

1st half nothing between the 2 team, st pats came out flying 2nd half and deserved there goal ( could have had 1/2 more) Bridgewater scored against the run of play and then came right back into the game and scored the winner with 10 to go. 

Great acheviment for Bridgewater and all the best to a excellent st pats team. 

Very good game today, great advert for amateur football. 
1st half nothing between the 2 team, st pats came out flying 2nd half and deserved there goal ( could have had 1/2 more) Bridgewater scored against the run of play and then came right back into the game and scored the winner with 10 to go. 
Great acheviment for Bridgewater and all the best to a excellent st pats team. 

2nd half was great.. all action. Thought when saints scored they would go and win by a few, which they should have. Credit to your boys they hung in there and thought your big cente back, think number 4, was superb. Keeper was also great and the ref done him a dis-service by giving a goal kick after he made a terrific save with his leg in 2nd half. Him and your centre back should'nt need to buy a pint tonight lol. Enjoy your night and good luck for semi

19 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Fairly straightforward route to the final for Goldenhill now. 

You think after Bridgewater putting out Pennies and St.Patricks and the experience Oban Saints have?  I wouldnt write either of them off even though goldenhill are strong. 

Goldenhill not as good as some people think, mediocre team who play the long ball most of the time, which is effective against duffer teams but at this stage of the Scottish don’t think it is good enough.

[emoji42][emoji42][emoji42][emoji42]

Goldenhill not as good as some people think, mediocre team who play the long ball most of the time, which is effective against duffer teams but at this stage of the Scottish don’t think it is good enough.

what team you associated with?

4 hours ago, TNW said:

You think after Bridgewater putting out Pennies and St.Patricks and the experience Oban Saints have?  I wouldnt write either of them off even though goldenhill are strong. 

Retweet 

What a refreshing change this year. Not any of our cale teams left but still a good change to see not many of the usual big teams involved and some underdogs still flying high.

What a refreshing change this year. Not any of our cale teams left but still a good change to see not many of the usual big teams involved and some underdogs still flying high.

Totally agree with this. Still think it’s anybody’s cup.

Bridgewater are the underdogs at this point but keep getting results against some good teams.

Only ever seen Goldenhill play once and didn’t think they were up to much but could have been an off day.

Oban always had a good well organised side, but then so did St Pats and Bridgewater nipped a win there at the weekend.

Gave the Bannockburn game a miss at the weekend to head through to Dumbarton to watch the st pats bridgewater game. Again thought st pats played really well throughout the game just couldn’t finish there chances. Bridgewater on back foot quite a lot but stood up to the task with clearances off the line, also with some good play aswell and took there chances. Defence was solid throughout game. Thought the bridgewater striker who correct me if I’m wrong scored that two goals, done well coping with st pats centre half. Thought it was a great game to be fair, that’s 2 big teams that bridgewater have knocked out now and no doubt should be proud whatever happens in the semis. Not many teams in the league below a premier get to that stage of the National Cup. Well done and all the best. Be good to have an all central final. 

Monday and Wednesday night for the semis is a bit of a pisstake with boys working. Easy to say you just take the night off but some might not be able to do so.  

Big game this weekend then goldenhill v oban.. should be a good game on the big 4g pitch at the dewar predictions

Quite fancy Goldenhill to go all the way. Their record is impressive only just knocked out the West to Dumbarton Accies on grass. With 4g quarter and semi final, and a large Hampden park I reckon they will shine. Saying that, Oban will be a hard task in the quarters as I hear they have their strongest squad back meaning the previous league result counts for nothing. Bridge water will be a hard game as well but think Goldenhill will be too strong.

All about opinions and this year there are lots of different opinions, making it a bit more exciting.

4 hours ago, Centre.circle.ref said:

Big game this weekend then goldenhill v oban.. should be a good game on the big 4g pitch at the dewar predictions

I fancy Oban to run them close, certainly no repeat of the 8-0 drubbing this time. If Saints have a full team down there then there's no reason they shouldn't match them, games between them tend to close.

I'll say Goldenhill to edge it however 3-1.

After a few posters saying St Pats had a barrel of chances but couldn't finish them, can anyone shed any light on why their big striker decided to play in the Scotland squad one off game instead of his club in a Scottish cup quarter final.

Did St Pats have the option to postpone due to his call up and didn't take it or did they feel they could win the game without him. Sounds like he really could of been the difference in a tight game and may regret the choice he made. I know its a privilege to some lads to get a call up but really at amateur level it is surely the club that matters most.

Archived