Scottish cup weekend predictions

owenzy

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, s212775 said:

Hopefully a repeat of the result :)

Both teams stronger now should be a cracking game!

I think shortlees are weaker now than they were back then.

6 hours ago, The Mouth said:

Really? Whos left shortlees that you think hasn’t been replaced by the same quality or better?

I dont know mate as i dont really know the players apart from one or two. I just think some of star men are older now and much slower. 

5 hours ago, das scooter boy said:
10 hours ago, Kaboom said:
Only person that really springs to mind is Duffy, few of the senior players from the west final team have gotten older.  thats it really.

Patterson, Robertson, Shankland, Barr Chisholm, Ritchie Mullen off the top of my head are with Lees now

5 hours ago, das scooter boy said:
10 hours ago, Kaboom said:
Only person that really springs to mind is Duffy, few of the senior players from the west final team have gotten older.  thats it really.

Patterson, Robertson, Shankland, Barr Chisholm, Ritchie Mullen off the top of my head are with Lees now

Also JD, as well as new signing Reece. 8 new signings since the West. All apart from Mullen are quite young, and havie plenty left in the tank.  Not everyone mentioned is always a  first team pick, but all on their day can do a great job if called apon, as has been proven this year. 

10 hours ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

Yes it was St.Pat's in season 205/06 they left the SAFL that season........................  ??

They left in 2008... think they won the West in 2007 when still part of the SAFL and won the Premier again in the 2007/08 Season 

Also JD, as well as new signing Reece. 8 new signings since the West. All apart from Mullen are quite young, and havie plenty left in the tank.  Not everyone mentioned is always a  first team pick, but all on their day can do a great job if called apon, as has been proven this year. 
Indeed i forgot about Mr Muir.
Boy Reece looks half decent as well

14 hours ago, ghsfp01 said:

They left in 2008... think they won the West in 2007 when still part of the SAFL and won the Premier again in the 2007/08 Season 

Chris, getting auld these days and memory loss lol

You may well be right, I thought it was Aikenhead Th that got to the West final [ but lost ] that year but could be wrong

On another note

shame about Gourock Ath, they should have came back to their roots and may have survived.

1 hour ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

Chris, getting auld these days and memory loss lol

You may well be right, I thought it was Aikenhead Th that got to the West final [ but lost ] that year but could be wrong

On another note

shame about Gourock Ath, they should have came back to their roots and may have survived.

Think it may have been 2009 or 2010 Aikenhead lost out to Bannockburn in the final. 

St Pats were still there when we won the SAFL in 2007 and pipped Inverclyde the year after for the league before moving on. 

Yes is a shame about Gourock, in truth there  is just a lack of players down this way just now to go round the teams we have at Junior,  Saturday afternoon amateur and the ever increasing popularity of Saturday morning football. As.well as the Sunday League down here is a welfare league so boys can't play both Sat and Sunday. 

I wouldn't rule out seeing Gourock going again by the start of next season, we all have bad years... 

Archived