Scottish cup weekend predictions

owenzy

Scooter - who is the manager of Shortlees is it Cunny or Mason or a joint effort between the two?

I remember last season Mason was due to take over but it actually completely slipped my mind until last night and I saw him playing.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dindeleux said:

Scooter - who is the manager of Shortlees is it Cunny or Mason or a joint effort between the two?

I remember last season Mason was due to take over but it actually completely slipped my mind until last night and I saw him playing.

I’m sure billys took over mate

Agree there typical central side nice on the eye but at times lacked the killer pass or the finish needed.

It was a typical semi final tense nobody wanting to make a mistake a personally think in the final shortlees will perform better in an attacking sense

Def Shortlees invited the pressure 2nd half but managed the game well. Lot of nervous play but too be expected, no1 wanting 2 be the guy who makes a mistake.  Great clearance from Bannockburn defender on the goalline late on which was prob lees only real chance the 2nd half. 

Took semi final in last night.  Bannockburn decent team easy on the eye. Sharp all round. Few good players for bannockburn there number 6 stood out. Shortlees defence stayed deep 2nd half no space for bannockburn in behind left Knapp up top for counter (which I thought bannockburn struggled with all game his pace and strength is top notch). He will be even better at a big park like Hampden. The shortlees sweeper organised there defence superb tho bannockburn never asked enough questions with all there possession 

Congratulations to Shortless.

Thought they managed the game really well sitting back for almost all of the second half and defending their lead.

I thought Bannockburn were really poor. Terrible in possession with absolutely no idea how to break down the Shortlees defence.

23 minutes ago, Teofilio said:

Congratulations to Shortless.

Thought they managed the game really well sitting back for almost all of the second half and defending their lead.

I thought Bannockburn were really poor. Terrible in possession with absolutely no idea how to break down the Shortlees defence.

What a lot of rubbish...they were decent and pinned shortlees back for long spells by far the best footballing side on show.  Fair enough couldnt break shortlees down.

Credit to shortlees who defended well and scored the all important goal.

Certainly wasnt a classic game of fitba, shortlees scored at the right time. Bannockburn number 6 is old school the way he plays, very comfortable on the ball.  Shortlees defended well in the 2nd half, and Garry Murdoch had some superb saves. Was impressed with the performance of Kerr Dale at left back for Shortlees.

i'm sure Goldenhill will be hoping to win tomorrow night and try and serve shortlees some revenge from the west cup final a couple of years ago.

The mouth fair points about resting players but excluding hurl ford games shortlees have good enuff squad to win there reamaining league games and semi and final of James Scott think joe has been struggingl the past few games but the have Jim c and kris Chisholm to come into midfield if needed

and does anyone no when semis of Ayrshire have to be played

The mouth fair points about resting players but excluding hurl ford games shortlees have good enuff squad to win there reamaining league games and semi and final of James Scott think joe has been struggingl the past few games but the have Jim c and kris Chisholm to come into midfield if needed

and does anyone no when semis of Ayrshire have to be played

Semi-Finals on 11th & 18th May. Final on 25th May. All games at Beechwood Park Auchinleck.

Was up at the game and I'm absolutely delighted Shortlees have made the final. They'll take quite a support to Hampden and it could be an interesting evening in Kilmarnock if they go on to win it. 

As for last nights match I thought Bannockburn were slightly the better side overall. They certainly had enough chances to take it to extra time at least. Played some nice stuff at times but as stated previously came up against an inspired goalkeeper. Shortlees character and organisation saw them through in the end.

Lees can play a lot better and I think they will have to to win it.  Of course the ace in the pack is Knapp. Any half decent team with him in it has a chance. He's a brilliant player. Absolutely outstanding at Amateur level. 

Hard lines Bannockburn. Very decent side who just lacked a killer instinct on the night. 

Congrats to Shortlees. A team brimming with big personalities and drive who all play for each other. They've been an excellent side for a few years now but more importantly they represent an area that's had its share of problems over the years. Shortlees, for all its rough edges, is a proper community and this team embodies that. It's a brilliant achievement getting to the final and they'll have made a lot of people very happy. 

I'll be at Hampden. I'm sure they'll do themselves and their supporters, me included, proud. 

Was up at the game and I'm absolutely delighted Shortlees have made the final. They'll take quite a support to Hampden and it could be an interesting evening in Kilmarnock if they go on to win it. 
As for last nights match I thought Bannockburn were slightly the better side overall. They certainly had enough chances to take it to extra time at least. Played some nice stuff at times but as stated previously came up against an inspired goalkeeper. Shortlees character and organisation saw them through in the end.
Lees can play a lot better and I think they will have to to win it.  Of course the ace in the pack is Knapp. Any half decent team with him in it has a chance. He's a brilliant player. Absolutely outstanding at Amateur level. 
Hard lines Bannockburn. Very decent side who just lacked a killer instinct on the night. 
Congrats to Shortlees. A team brimming with big personalities and drive who all play for each other. They've been an excellent side for a few years now but more importantly they represent an area that's had its share of problems over the years. Shortlees, for all its rough edges, is a proper community and this team embodies that. It's a brilliant achievement getting to the final and they'll have made a lot of people very happy. 
I'll be at Hampden. I'm sure they'll do themselves and their supporters, me included, proud. 
Here here [emoji106]

Archived