Scottish cup weekend predictions

owenzy

I see the first semi has been confirmed..Monday 23rd April nothing short of disgraceful.  

Not taking into account the travelling  both teams will do and also supporters if any on a MONDAY night

Piss poor from the Fat Cats again!

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see the first semi has been confirmed..Monday 23rd April nothing short of disgraceful.  

Not taking into account the travelling  both teams will do and also supporters if any on a MONDAY night

Piss poor from the Fat Cats again!

Not to mention the availability of players midweek! Long journey for Oban if they make it to the semi.

Playing such a massive game midweek is a joke to be honest.

Must be The availability of New Douglas Park, but as you say Friday night shouldn’t have been an issue? Especially as it’s artificial grass

Showpiece games of Major Cup and played through week....makes absolutely no sense at all. 

Ideally both should be a Saturday.. do they need to be played at NDP? or is some1 getting a wee envelope in return SAFA! 

Used to be home team drawn in Semi would have pick of ground junior/senior if their choice was available.

That’s a bit harsh RodgerDodger. I think most players would like the experience of it being at a senior ground and Hamilton/New Douglas Park have been good to/supportive of amateur football.

I agree that it shouldn’t be on Monday & Wednesday night but playing at a senior ground and playing it on a Saturday presents obvious difficulty.

The suggestion that envelopes are involved is unnecessary.

That’s a bit harsh RodgerDodger. I think most players would like the experience of it being at a senior ground and Hamilton/New Douglas Park have been good to/supportive of amateur football.

I agree that it shouldn’t be on Monday & Wednesday night but playing at a senior ground and playing it on a Saturday presents obvious difficulty.

The suggestion that envelopes are involved is unnecessary.

I agree, playing these games at senior grounds is a must for me as it is a special occasion And no matter the surface, it is going to be difficult to secure weekends, even the Friday night and Sunday slots. If it's grass they don't want their pitch played on so close to their own games and if it's astro then usually these clubs are community clubs that rent/ let their pitch out for block bookings all week all year round, so it's not just a case of saying we will take Friday night , Saturday or Sunday please coz Hamilton / Falkirk/ Scotland are not using it that day

I am sure there is a few spare Free Sats at senior grounds but it looks like it's to suit the men above and not the teams that are involved!

Is lesser hampden not an option? Good enough for select n Scotland games!

Let the boys see the Big Yin and what they could be playing at in Final

Anyway Stpats v the Water goes ahead... strange to me with Star man of saints on international Duty. They must be super confident of progressing!

2-0 saints 

I am sure there is a few spare Free Sats at senior grounds but it looks like it's to suit the men above and not the teams that are involved!

Is lesser hampden not an option? Good enough for select n Scotland games!

Let the boys see the Big Yin and what they could be playing at in Final

Anyway Stpats v the Water goes ahead... strange to me with Star man of saints on international Duty. They must be super confident of progressing!

2-0 saints 

Yes the replay is on... 3pm at dumbarton east. Big blow losing one of there regular goalscorers but chance for someone else to step up. On the plus side I believe a couple return after being on holiday last weekend. Should be a good game and hoping to see both saints and goldenhill go through to setup a local derby in semi

Accies have plenty teams from u17 and upwards, development side and the women playing home games at NDP not to mention all these teams training on it as its artificial turf. They ammy scottish cup semi’s will be bottom of the list when it comes to arranging a date to play as your working it around those sides mentioned above. 23rd and 25th maybe the only possible time to play literally. Also making the date the 25th for the 2nd semi is cutting it very fine. No oban saints vs goldenhill this weekend I read because of international duty this right? That leaves 2 saturdays before the 25th to get the oban game settled cutting it very fine could be midweek trip scottish cup tie if weather puts the oban game off at all.

36 minutes ago, The Mouth said:

Accies have plenty teams from u17 and upwards, development side and the women playing home games at NDP not to mention all these teams training on it as its artificial turf. They ammy scottish cup semi’s will be bottom of the list when it comes to arranging a date to play as your working it around those sides mentioned above. 23rd and 25th maybe the only possible time to play literally. Also making the date the 25th for the 2nd semi is cutting it very fine. No oban saints vs goldenhill this weekend I read because of international duty this right? That leaves 2 saturdays before the 25th to get the oban game settled cutting it very fine could be midweek trip scottish cup tie if weather puts the oban game off at all.

There's a Goldenhill player in the Scotland side so its not getting played till next week. Hopefully it doesn't need a replay!

There's a Goldenhill player in the Scotland side so its not getting played till next week. Hopefully it doesn't need a replay!

Seriously? 1 player missing at its postponed for a week? That’s a shambles. St Pats game is going ahead and one player is also in the Scotland squad.

2 hours ago, BigHartson said:

Seriously? 1 player missing at its postponed for a week? That’s a shambles. St Pats game is going ahead and one player is also in the Scotland squad.

The st pats player in the Scotland squad would have been suspended today so no difference in playing it today or next week 

1 hour ago, owenzy said:

Surely a player wouldnt leave his club in a quarter final of the scottish to play a game for scotland? I know i wouldnt but im not good enough to have that choice lol

You on about the st pats player or the goldenhill player?

Archived