Rovers v QP

an86

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost a horrific goal. Maybe their only real chance. Hit/clipped the woodwork four times. Forfar beat Raith. Can’t fault the players, they gave everything, but it wasn’t enough. It’ll be League Two next season.

Aye; hard one to take especially after being so close to scoring so often. Probably the last of the last chance saloons this Saturday.

We haven't spent so much time in an opposition half for ages but if you can't put the ball in the net and let in horrendous goals.....here's where you end up.

The midfield certainly improved and Keena was again outstanding, but he was all too often stranded on his own.

Terrible game and really disappointing from Rovers who I thought might be spurred on after Saturday’s result. Looked nervous from the start and even a scrappy goal wasn’t enough to settle the nerves. If there was one team that looked like winning it was QP. A very good night for Forfar.

1 hour ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Looks like we may avoid the indignity of the playoffs, but I agree with an86 that you can't fault the players. They gave everything last nigt and in most matches I've seen.

Where did the big number 6 come from...an emergency loan?

Gerry McLaughlin, played for Brechin, Ayr and Cowdenbeath. Thought he was solid enough last night 

It was the whole season in one night really. I want to like Mikey White and he does some good stuff but I can't have been the only one thinking "Would Wullie Muir have done that?". Even at that though we still had enough of the ball to win the game. And to be fair to White, Davy Galt's goal line miss was of the same calibre as gaffes go. I hate giving in but it's really hard to see where the spark is going to come from. I'd be happy now if they could have that application for the rest of the games any maybe grab a few more decent goals like last night. Well done Sean. 

BYOS hit the nail on the head with his comment regarding Michael White.
I don't know the facts on Willie Muir's departure but I'd like to...
Could it have been a clash with Gus or am I not allowed to go there?
I'm not a qp fan so I will tell you.

he threw a strop at not being number 1 apparantly

he is now on the bench at airdrie till end of the season. in the summer airdrie are going for parry if tgey don't get him muir will be there number 1 if they get him parry will be number 1 and up to muir what he does.

On 3/15/2018 at 12:20, Chris_the_rover said:

I'm not a qp fan so I will tell you.

he threw a strop at not being number 1 apparantly

he is now on the bench at airdrie till end of the season. in the summer airdrie are going for parry if tgey don't get him muir will be there number 1 if they get him parry will be number 1 and up to muir what he does.

From what I heard, that's not necessarily accurate.

What do I know though?

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Willie Muir....no bust up, I'm told. Needed cash and told the club he was leaving. It was agreed to let him go as he was adamant.

If true then very disappointing. The Club have been very consistent over the years (even preventing Alan Irvine from joining Man City five months before he went to Everton) about holding key members of the first team squad to their season's contracts and not allowing them to leave before the end of the season. I can't believe for a minute that Muir wasn't a key member of the squad, and had the Club dug their heels in then I'm sure Muir would have been first choice again very quickly.

Apart from the argument that his staying might have been the difference between us staying up or going down this season, of more concern to me is the precedence this has set, and it will now be easier for other clubs to unsettle our players during the January transfer window.............previously they will have had no realistic expectation about being allowed to leave, but now if they gurn loud enough and stomp their feet a few times then they'll be off?

I don't know anything about Muir's personal financial circumstances, but he would need to have proven himself destitute to me before I'd have sanctioned it.............harsh perhaps, but the players know the rules, they sign the contracts, we spoil them rotten to compensate them for forgoing wages, so unless there's more to this then this is a capitulation we could have well done without (especially after we provided Oor Wullie with a safe haven following his tiff with East Fife).

Archived