Forfar vs. Raith Rovers

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Michael W said:

Who was our #11 that day? I can't read the handwriting there. 

Not looking forward to this game - a must win away from home is naturally going to end well. 

Our Team Lines were hand written by our Secretary David McGregor in his  own unique style. Bit easier to read if you zoom in.

I note you had Marvellous Marvin at no 5. LEGEND.

Could be utterly stupid, as I’m not expecting much, especially after that disaster on Saturday but I’m gonna have a drive up for this.
Surely McHattie can’t start again, he may well be fit but he’s 100% not match fit. Murray back at LB please, I’d even opt to play Davo and McKay at centre half, Bene hasn’t been all that great since his return. The 1 silver lining from Saturday is that I thought Hendry was semi decent, which is infuriating as Vaughan could have been playing further forward for weeks now.
It’s a must win, but I think we’ll scrap a draw [emoji21]

I'd be tempted to play Vaughan wide left as he was at start of the season. Granted it's not his best position but he was influencing games from there, scoring goals and it would mean Bobby Barr being binned.

Or we just play Furtado, Buchanan, Spence and Vaughan up front because we never get the ball down and play it wide anyway, so why play with wingers?

Go 4-3-3 with:

Lennox

Thomson Benedictus McKay Murray

Herron Robertson* Davidson

Vaughan Spence Furtado 

*if fit

If Robbo is out, then fire in Henry. Get Davo to do the dirty work in midfield. Tell them to go all out attack and try to win the game. 

The likelihood is we'll see a 4-2-3-1 and hoof long balls to Furtado, before losing a shite 90th minute goal due to some utterly horrendous defending with Bobby Barr playing the full 90. Buchanan to come on as a sub at some point. 

Unless we change it up, this season can get in the sea. It's brutal watching us with our groundhog day tactics. 

Hard to be able to pick a team without knowing the injury situation but we really need to get a grip and start winning some matches.

I'd like to see Hendry get another go regardless of who is fit but I expect he'll never start another match for us.

I fear another 1-1 draw, followed by Barry reminding us we're still top of the league with 7 games to go.

Davidson will come back in and McHattie will drop out and that should be the defence done. Midfield is a complete toss up but  Vaughan on the right, Hendry and Matthews in the middle and Zanatta on the left. Spence and Furtado up front.

But in all honesty it doesn't matter who's picked for tomorrow night because every man and his dug knows we'll be playing a long ball game to an isolated striker.

Depressing stuff.

Hats off to anyone who decides to go.

12 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Hard to be able to pick a team without knowing the injury situation but we really need to get a grip and start winning some matches.

I'd like to see Hendry get another go regardless of who is fit but I expect he'll never start another match for us.

I fear another 1-1 draw, followed by Barry reminding us we're still top of the league with 7 games to go.

It’s annoying when it’s fucked and the manager is clutching at straws. Hopefully this doesn’t happen and we get the 3 points. Looking at it rationally, we’re probably on a downer after Saturday and it wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t get all 3 points.

Archived